Trust is important in any relationship, so having a list of “trust no one” quotes might seem counterproductive.
However, if you think of it in the sense of trusting yourself instead of blindly following the opinions of others, you will see how it makes sense!
Prepare to enter a world of conspiracy and enigmas with our curated collection of ‘trust no one’ quotes and captions.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Mulder and Scully from The X-Files taught us to question everything and everyone.
These quotes will remind you that in a world of hidden motives and shifting loyalties, sometimes the only ally you can rely on is yourself.
There are also some about love and relationships and trusting yourself and others.
These trust “no one quotes” don’t literally say never to trust another human being.
Instead, they offer brilliant advice, like “Don’t trust people who tell you other people’s secrets.”
If the person talking to you will betray someone else’s trust in them, they will do the same to you.
Knowing who to trust and who not to trust all stems from trusting yourself, as you will see as you keep reading!
Don’t forget to check out these trust quotes honoring confidence, belief, and faith.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Trust No One Quotes from Famous People
1. “Don’t trust people who tell you other people’s secrets.” — Dan Howell
You will also enjoy our article on disappointment quotes 2.
2. “The trust of the innocent is the liar’s most useful tool.” — Stephen King
You will also enjoy our article on follow your heart quotes.
3. “I cannot trust a man to control others who cannot control himself.” — Robert E. Lee
You will also enjoy our article on know your worth quotes.
4. “You believe lies so you can eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.” — Marilyn Monroe
You will also enjoy our article on bad relationship quotes.
5. “Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.” — Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on intuition quotes.
6. “A body of men holding themselves accountable to nobody ought not to be trusted by anybody.” — Thomas Paine
You will also enjoy our article on survival quotes.
7. “Trust is like a mirror. You can fix it if it’s broken, but you can still see the crack in that motherfucker’s reflection.” — Lady Gaga
You will also enjoy our article on fake friends quotes.
8. “Trust is hard to come by. That’s why my circle is small and tight. I’m kind of funny about making new friends.” — Eminem
You will also enjoy our article on enemy quotes.
9. “Not everyone can be trusted. I think we all have to be very selective about the people we trust.” — Shelley Long
You will also enjoy our article on break up quotes.
10. “You can’t trust a promise someone makes while they’re drunk, in love, hungry, or running for office.” — Joe Moore
You will also enjoy our article on loyalty quotes.
Trust No One Quotes About Love
11. “Never trust your tongue when your heart is bitter.” — Samuel J. Hurwitt
You will also enjoy our article on transparency quotes.
12. “To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved.” — George MacDonald
You will also enjoy our article on liar quotes.
13. “Love all, trust a few.” — William Shakespeare
You will also enjoy our article on eminem quotes.
14. “Trust gets you killed, love gets you hurt and being real gets you hated.” — Johnny Cash
You will also enjoy our article on lies quotes.
15. “Love is unknown. To open the heart in trust is unknown.” — Don Miguel Ruiz
16. “Love cannot live where there is no trust.” — Edith Hamilton
17. “I do not trust people who don’t love themselves and yet tell me, ‘I love you.’” Maya Angelou
18. “You may not always trust the people you love, but you can always love the people you trust.” — Unknown
19. “After all, damn it, what does being in love mean if you can’t trust a person.” — Evelyn Waugh
20. “Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships.” — Stephen R. Covey
Wise trust no one quotes
21. “Don’t trust what you see. Even salt looks like sugar.” — Unknown
22. “Trust no one at your back unless you want them to bury a knife in it.” — Sherrilyn Kenyon
23. “Trust is hard to earn and it can be ten times harder to earn back once broken.” — Unknown
24. “I don’t trust words, I trust actions.” — Unknown
25. “Every day is just like April Fool’s day. You should not believe and trust in anyone.” — Unknown
26. “Trust nobody and nothing from the press. They are set up to tell lies whenever it benefits them.” — Unknown
27. “Trust no one because life is full of fake people.” — Unknown
28. “I trust no one, not even myself.” — Joseph Stalin
29. “Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain.” — J. K. Rowling
30. “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” — Rumi
Trust no one quotes about trusting others
31. “Anyone who says ‘I am not supposed to tell anyone but should not be trusted.” — Unknown
32. “Sometimes you don’t know who you can and cannot trust. I still learn that over and over again.” — Demi Lovato
33. “It’s good to trust others but, not to do so is much better.” — Benito Mussolini
34. “To trust people is a luxury in which only the wealthy can indulge; the poor cannot afford it.” — E. M. Forster
35. “Only trust thyself, and another shall not betray thee.” — William Penn
36. “We are all selfish and I no more trust myself than others with a good motive.” — Lord Byron
37. “It is important not to trust people too much.” — V. S. Naipaul
38. “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions… do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.” — Tina Fey
39. “To be a champ you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.” — Sugar Ray Robinson
40. “I got trust issues because people got lying issues.”
Trust no one quotes about trusting yourself
41. “If you’re going to trust one person, let it be yourself.” — Robert Tew
42. “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
43. “Trust yourself, you have survived a lot, and you will survive whatever is coming.” — Anonymous
44. “Never trust your fears. They don’t know your strength.” — Anonymous
45. “Trust yourself, you know more than you think you do.” — Dr. Benjamin Spock
46. “Self-trust is the first secret of success.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
47. “Trust thyself; every heart vibrates to that iron string.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
48. “Self-trust is the essence of heroism.” — James Allen
49. “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you’ll be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” — Olda Meir
50. “The more you believed in yourself, the more you could trust yourself. The more you trust yourself, the less you compare yourself to others.” — Roy T. Bennett
Trust No One Quotes To Trust Your Gut More
51. “I don’t trust anybody. Not anybody. And the more that I care about someone, the more sure I am they’re going to get tired of me and take off.” ― Rainbow Rowell
52. “Never trust anyone who wants what you’ve got. Friend or no, envy is an overwhelming emotion.” ― Eubie Blake
53. “Don’t trust anyone. Be a cold fish. I hurt no one. And no one can hurt me.” ― Adeline Yen Mah
54. “Where large sums of money are concerned, it is advisable to trust nobody.” ― Agatha Christie
55. “Trust no one unless you have eaten much salt with him.” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
56. “Health, contentment and trust are your greatest possessions, and freedom your greatest joy. Look within. Be still.” ― Buddha
57. “Like everybody and trust no one.” ― Lauren Conrad
58. “Keep your promises and be consistent. Be the kind of person others can trust.” ― Roy T. Bennett
59. “Never trust a man who speaks well of everybody.” ― John Churton Collins
60. “Trust your hunches. They’re usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level.” ― Joyce Brothers
You may also enjoy these reliable quotes.
Trust No One quotes To Show You To Rely On Yourself
61. “I trust no one totally.” — Gary Sheffield
62. “Do not trust all men, but trust men of worth; the former course is silly, the latter a mark of prudence.” — Democritus
63. “Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.” — William Shakespeare
64. “Never trust someone who won’t allow you to prove them wrong. In most cases, they already know they are.” — Caroline Downs
65. “I don’t trust anyone and I don’t expect anyone to trust me either. It’s more comfortable when its mutual.” — Frank Matobo
66. “Trust no one the same friends and family you’ll die for will get you killed.” — Maurice Clancy
67. “In the bush, trust no one you don’t know.” — Alex Haley
68. “Don’t trust anyone. People will do anything just to survive.” — The Island
69. “I trust no one who hasn’t time for music.” — Jack White
70. “ Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.” — William Shakespeare
Trust No One Quotes To Avoid Being Disappointed
71. “Trust in what you love, continue to do it, and it will take you where you need to go.” ― Natalie Goldberg
72. “When a man has no reason to trust himself, he trusts in luck.” ― E. W. Howe
73. “Trust no friend without faults, and love a woman, but no angel.” ― Doris Lessing
74. “A man who trusts nobody is apt to be the kind of man nobody trusts.” ― Harold MacMillan
75. “Life had not taught me to distrust ministers, but it had taught me to trust no one more than dogs.” ― Dean Koontz
76. “You have got to discover you, what you do, and trust it.” ― Barbra Streisand
77. “Someone who thinks the world is always cheating him is right. He is missing that wonderful feeling of trust in someone or something.” ― Eric Hoffer
78. “Don’t trust anyone over 30.” ― Pat Boone
79. “You cannot do everything at once, so find people you trust to help you. And don’t be afraid to say no.” ― Jane Seymour
80. “Anyone who doesn’t take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.” ― Albert Einstein
What it means to trust yourself
Trusting yourself is a critical step to trusting anyone else.
You must have faith in your own thought process and instincts.
It is also helpful, to be honest with yourself about how much you really know about a subject, versus what you might have heard from someone else.
For instance, if you know nothing about cars and your friend (who also knows nothing about cars), swears your problem is an alternator issue you might want to seek an expert.
Not because this person is “untrustworthy,” but because the knowledge they have might be unreliable.
Take the car to a mechanic.
Or at the very minimum google different reputable mechanic sites and see if you get the same response from multiple sources when searching your issue.
It is tempting to assume we know more than we think we do… but it is a dangerous and costly slope.
Have any other trust no one quotes and sayings you want to add to the list?
You can leave them in the comment section below.