The Good Wife Quotes for the Strong Woman
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST
If you loved the show, share your favorite of The Good Wife quotes with us in the comments.
The Good Wife is an American political and legal TV drama series that aired in 2009.
It follows the story of Alicia Florrick, the wife of the Cook County State’s Attorney.
She returns to her law practice after the events of corruption and scandal involving her husband.
Due to its bold narrative and powerful character portrayal, this series gained numerous awards, including 5 Emmys.
After spending her last 13 years as a stay-at-home mother, Alicia returns as a litigator and restarts her life for her children.
The show’s amazing take on office politics and its portrayal of women’s power in the workforce allows the viewers to relate to the story and be inspired by it.
Here are some of the most memorable of The Good Wife quotes for you.
Don’t forget to also check out these Good Girls quotes that give a fresh take on the old crime dramas.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
The Good Wife quotes from Will Gardner
1. “Sometimes I think justice would be better served with a coin flip.” — Will Gardner
2. “Legal trouble or ‘my parents don’t understand me’ trouble?” — Will Gardner
3. “Court is a lesson in humility.” — Will Gardner
4. “In Chicago, you need your friends three times: at your wedding, your wake, and your first indictment.” — Will Gardner
5. “Justice may be blind, but judges sure aren’t.” — Will Gardner
6. “Like a fever, it’s over.” — Will Gardner
7. “It was romantic because it didn’t happen. So you got a little bit of both, life, us together and now romance.” — Will Gardner
The Good Wife quotes from Diane Lockhart
8. “When the door you have been knocking at finally swings open, you don’t ask why. You run through.” — Diane Lockhart
9. “You’re never handed the perfect witness. You make the perfect witness.” — Diane Lockhart
10. “I want what I’m worth.” — Diane Lockhart
11. “We follow the law, Alicia. Sometimes it’s wrong, sometimes it’s right. But we always follow the law.” — Diane Lockhart
12. “You are easily swayed by pretty, young, blonde, Republicans.” — Diane Lockhart
13. “You can slice an opponent to shreds, smiling the whole time, and they come back thanking you.” — Diane Lockhart
The Good Wife quotes from Alicia Florrick
14. “I wanted his problems out of the office. What does that say about me?” — Alicia Florrick
15. “Don’t you ever try to bribe me. And don’t you ever try to buy my kids.” — Alicia Florrick
16. “If you want me to forgive you, I need to know what I’m forgiving you for.” — Alicia Florrick
17. “You won’t feel like it. But put on nice clothing. Force yourself, too. Not for public. For you.” — Alicia Florrick
18. “Attorneys always make the worst witnesses.” — Alicia Florrick
19. “You win the election, you think it’s over. It’s never over.” — Alicia Florrick
20. “People aren’t mean. They’re just polite liars.” — Alicia Florrick
21. “Ah, it’s always important to be legal.” — Alicia Florrick
22. “Zip up your pants, shut your mouth and stop banging the help.” — Alicia Florrick
23. “Whenever I think I’m certain about something, I’m always surprised.” — Alicia Florrick
24. “You think you can play the emotional card with me? You think I’m going to break down and cry? Look at me. Do I look like I’m breaking down?” — Alicia Florrick
25. “A day is a year in politics!” — Alicia Florrick
Which of these The Good Wife quotes is your favorite?
The series accurately delivered central themes of professional working life.
It constantly reminds us of the times when we tell ourselves that people will start to notice if we continuously work hard enough.
But in reality, people can see your efforts but not necessarily be rewarded for them.
This series shows that if you want something you deserve, demand it and let people know that you are worth more than they think you are.
It’s all about getting yourself out there and proving things to yourself.
It is about controlling your own fate by making conscious and bold decisions.
So when faced with certain scenarios in life, remember that you are powerful and can do something.
And as always, you can look back at The Good Wife quotes and sayings anytime you want to be reminded of these lessons.