Check out these Daria quotes from the cynical teenager that is within all of us.
Daria is an animated adult sitcom that stars the character of the same name.
This intelligent and cynical teenage girl is often with her best friend, Jane, or her family when not at high school.
Daria is voiced by Tracy Grandstaff and is a spin-off of the recurring character on Beavis and Butt-Head that was created by Mike Judge.
Daria ran on MTV for five seasons from 1997 – 2002 and produced a spin-off of its own, Jodie, which appeared on MTV in 2019.
With the series set during high school and early college, Daria is trying to navigate growing up while attending high school and dealing with her family.
Enjoy these Daria quotes, and check out this relatable animated sitcom!
Sarcastic Daria Quotes
These quotes show the cynical attitude that Daria was known for.
1. “I prefer to be alone to understand my feelings.” – Daria
2. “I am too smart and sensitive to live in a world like ours.” – Daria
3. “Sometimes your shallowness is so thorough, it’s almost like depth.” – Daria
4. “They shouldn’t be selling stuff to people under the guise of educating them.” – Daria
5. “Misery loves company.” – Jane
6. “I’m not sure that I want an identity based on appearance.” – Daria
7. “Sometimes it amazes me how stupid people can be.” – Daria
8. “I don’t like to smile unless I have a reason.” – Daria
9. “Why settle for vanity when you can have pure egotism?” – Jane
10. “I’ve been very busy procrastinating all day.” – Daria
Get a taste of the show with these Daria Quotes
Be reminded of your favorite episodes or learn more about the characters if you’ve never watched the show before in the following quotes.
11. “I don’t have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.” – Daria
12. “Why, oh why can’t she just have a substance abuse problem like a normal mom?” – Daria
13. “As far as I’m concerned, the only difference between school and prison is the wardrobe.” – Quinn
14. “Now, over here is the lunchroom. As middle school veterans, you already know that this is the center for spitballs, laughing milk up through your nose, and food poisoning of every variety.” – Daria
15. “I’m not going to pierce my bellybutton. It never did anything to me.” – Daria
16. “Mom, if you’re going to reminisce, I’ll be forced to call Social Services.” – Daria
17. “I’m telling you, puppets make anything funny. Give me something that isn’t funny.” – Jane
18. “You know how fads are. Today it’s brains, tomorrow, pierced tongues. Then the next day, pierced brains.” – Jane
19. “So, basically, you’ve convinced them that you were too dull to be worth grounding.” – Jane
20. “You gloss over everything with a cynical joke and no one knows what you really believe in.” – Helen
Relationships Complicate Friendships
As the series progresses, we see that Daria’s best friend, Jane begins a romantic relationship with Tom, who Daria initially resents for taking away her best friend.
Gradually Tom and Daria grow closer and even share a kiss.
We see how this relationship tests the friendship of Daria and Jane.
Please share these Daria quotes with your friends and family and post any comments below.
December 19, 2022 5:09 AM EST