These DMX quotes and lyrics will give you a fresh perspective on life and love.
Earl Simmons, known by his stage name DMX, is a famous rapper and songwriter. These DMX quotes about God, life, and love will make you re-evaluate how you’ve been living.
If you’re a fan of his albums It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot or … And Then There Was X, you’ll love this collection of DMX lyrics and words of wisdom. This list of quotes contains some of his best verses and most thoughtful insight. Even if you aren’t familiar with his music, you will be able to relate to these incredible quotes.
DMX is one of the most beloved rappers of all time. This celebrated artist is known for his impressive lyrics and catchy songs. Read these DMX quotes about God and music to better understand his perspective on life.
Don’t forget to also check out these rap quotes and lyrics from your favorite rappers.
DMX quotes about God and rap
1. “I just find myself happy with the simple things. Appreciating the blessings God gave me.” – DMX
2. “I know I may have done some bad things, but I’m not a bad person.” – DMX
3. “Right, wrong, good, bad, heaven, hell. I think that is the theme of my life. I think you have to know both in order to honestly choose one. So I’m familiar with both sides of the fence.” – DMX
4. “Every day, I get closer to God. Every day, my will to do the right thing gets stronger.” – DMX
5. “Do dirt, get dirt. So I treat people with the same respect that I want.” – DMX
6. “I’m a blessing to whoever gets to really know me.” – DMX
7. “My relationship with God has gotten so much stronger. He’s always had his hand on me. He always guided me. I didn’t always go where he wanted me to go. But He always had me. Now that I’m actually listening and being obedient, life is so much better.” – DMX
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of God quotes that will help you find direction and purpose.
8. “Anything that’s not positive, I don’t have the energy to focus on it. Anything that’s not going in the right direction, I don’t have the time or the energy.” – DMX
9. “If your heart was as big as your mouth you’d be real.” – DMX
10. “You can’t speak for the people unless you’re able to walk amongst the people. And how many of these rappers out here actually hang out with regular people?” – DMX
DMX quotes that will make you appreciate the life you are living
11. “When I’m at home, I don’t discuss business. I don’t talk business. I don’t answer the phone. It’s just me, my wife, my children, my dogs. That’s my world.” – DMX
12. “You don’t come to terms with something before you do it. It’s only after you’ve done it that you realize, you know, maybe that wasn’t the best thing to do. Sometimes you gotta fall down to know the feeling to get up.” – DMX
13. “I’m still the same. That’s why the fans love me. Because they need stability in the industry.” – DMX
14. “The curse turned to grace when the hurt turned to faith.” – DMX
15. “I am highly favored by God, I experience great victories, supernatural turnarounds, and miraculous breakthroughs in the midst of great impossibilities.” – DMX
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of supernatural quotes about light and darkness.
16. “I think I’m gonna wear Timberlands until I die, man. They may not be the hottest thing out, but Timbs keep reinventing themselves.” – DMX
17. “The truth doesn’t change. It was the same when Moses got the Ten Commandments as it is today. That’s the thing about the truth. That’s the thing about real. It doesn’t change and it doesn’t have to change. Now you can put it in a different book, but it’s still real. It’s still the truth.” – DMX
18. “I’m not going to disrespect you, don’t disrespect me.” – DMX
19. “You can’t call any one person the devil. Because no one person has the power to be the devil.” – DMX
20. “I been the same dude my whole life.” – DMX
DMX quotes to give you a fresh perspective on life
21. “One thing about being a celebrity that I learned a long time ago was that I pretty much gave up the right to fair treatment.” – DMX
22. “It’s a waste of energy to think about what somebody else is doing and how they doing it. I’ma just do what I do.” – DMX
23. “The snake, the rat, the cat, the dog…How you gonna see ’em if you livin’ in the fog?” – DMX
24. “When you happy, you get locked in sleep. You get sleepy happy. I always wanna be on point. I always wanna be aware.” – DMX
25. “I’m glad that young black people are successful with the music. I’m not a hater.” – DMX
26. “Don’t believe everything you hear, don’t believe everything you read, and only believe half of what you see.” – DMX
27. “I can reach people the average person can’t reach because I’m as grounded as I am.” – DMX
28. “The truth is undeniable. You tell somebody the truth, it’s undeniable.” – DMX
29. “I don’t have to be working on an album to record a song.” – DMX
30. “Be careful of the ones that always wanna get you high, cause when the time comes, that one’ll let you die.” – DMX
DMX quotes that will make you re-evaluate how you’ve been living
31. “There’s a difference between violence and senseless violence.” – DMX
32. “I’m a King. Regardless of what I’ve been through and what I’ve done, I present myself as a King. And I get that respect from people, from everybody I deal with. I worked my whole life to establish that respect and make sure I get that respect.” – DMX
33. “I was always a winner, but just didn’t know it.” – DMX
34. “With the Lord behind us, they’re ain’t nothing we can’t do.” – DMX
35. “You gave us power in our words, so I think before I speak, and that way when I speak, they know I’m here to teach.” – DMX
36. “I need to say what’s in my heart, and you call it a style.” – DMX
37. “Never become so involved with something that it blinds you. Never forget where you from; someone will remind you.” – DMX
38. “I’ll repent one day, just not right now.” – DMX
39. “No matter how hard it rains, withstand the pain.” – DMX
40. “In my heart, I mean well. But if you help me to grow, then what I have in my heart will begin to show.” – DMX
More DMX quotes
41. “My birth was a blessing. Sent to live and die on Earth; it’s a blessing. We each have a star; all you have to do is find it. Once you do, everyone sees it, you won’t be blinded.” – DMX
42. “I’m a personal type of person. I’ll speak when I have something to say, not ’cause someone just wants to know something.” – DMX
43. “Nothing we can’t handle, break it up and dismantle.” – DMX
44. “The toughest guys have the biggest hearts. The biggest hearts – because they have to be tough to protect it.” – DMX
45. “My mother, my father, I love ’em, I hate ’em, wish god I didn’t have ’em but thank god that he made ’em.” – DMX
46. “Do the right thing cause after the tears come the cheers.” – DMX
47. “I can forgive, I just can’t forget.” – DMX
48. “You showed me everything was black cause my eyes were closed.” – DMX
49. “Times are hard in the ghetto, I gotta steal for a living; Eating turkey-flavored Now & Laters for Thanksgiving.” – DMX
50. “Just because someone raps, doesn’t mean that’s all they can do. A lot of people are multi-talented.” – DMX
What are your favorite DMX quotes about dogs and music?
This list of DMX prayers, quotes, and lyrics is the perfect collection of thoughts from the talented artist. These DMX quotes will inspire you whether you’re his biggest fan or someone who has only heard a few of his songs.
At the end of the day, we are all connected by our desire to love, grow, and succeed. Hopefully, these quotes will make you appreciate the life you are living.
DMX has had a successful career because he always speaks the truth. His lyrics and quotes prove that he has incredible insight into many aspects of life. If you like rap music, you should check out this collection of DMX best verses.
What are your favorite DMX quotes and lyrics? Let us know in the comment section below.
January 19, 2021 7:00 AM EST