The Terror Quotes from the One-of-a-Kind Series
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST
Try to solve the mystery of the series as you read The Terror quotes below.
Share your thoughts on the show in the comments.
The Terror is an American horror drama TV series based on true life events.
This series aired on AMC for almost two years from March 2018 to October 2019.
The story was adapted from Dan Simmon’s novel in 2007 titled The Terror.
This series features a story about a mission exploration by the Britains led by Captain John Franklin in 1845.
129 men set sail to explore the Arctic to traverse to India through China but none of them were able to get back and survive the three-year exploration.
The captains and sailors were puzzled about the reason behind the incident.
Dive into these The Terror quotes for you to unfold mysteries to share with your friends and families.
Don’t forget to also check out these The Irregulars quotes from the Netflix mystery.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
The Terror quotes from Francis Crozier
1. “Careful how you use that word, “close”. This is the Discovery Service. “Close” is nothing. It’s worse than nothing. It’s worse than anything in the world.” — Francis Crozier
2. “This place wants us dead.” — Francis Crozier
3. “There’ll be no melodramas here. Just live men, or dead men.” — Francis Crozier
4. “In this place, technology still bends the knee to luck.” — Francis Crozier
5. “Tell those who come after us not to stay. The ships are gone. There is no way through. No passage. Tell them we are gone. Dead, and gone.” — Francis Crozier
6. “Nature does not give a damn about our plans.” — Francis Crozier
7. “It is a Captain’s duty, after all, to mind for the worst case, not for the one he hopes for.” — Francis Crozier
8. “Frozen ships are good shelters, but they are not our homes. We’ve got homes we need to find our way back to.” — Francis Crozier
9. “Friend, mother, lover, all the things they say a ship is to a captain and they miss the only thing that matters. Confessor.” — Francis Crozier
10. “I’ll put a bullet in my head before I drink gin.” — Francis Crozier
11. “Keep your pity because you’re going to need all your pity for what’s coming.” — Francis Crozier
12. “I will not tolerate hysteria.” — Francis Crozier
13. “You know what men are like when they are desperate. We both do.” — Francis Crozier
The Terror quotes from Cornelius Hickey
14. “Those who are quickest to tally your value, often do it on your spots alone.” — Cornelius Hickey
15. “Our empire is not the only empire. We’ve seen that now.” — Cornelius Hickey
16. “Don’t indulge your morals over your practicals.” — Cornelius Hickey
17. “Survival is a nasty piece of business. But we do what we have to do.” — Cornelius Hickey
18. “Fear is a choice.” — Cornelius Hickey
The Terror quotes from James Fitzjames
19. “There is nothing worse than a man who’s lost his joy.” — James Fitzjames
20. “Gentlemen, we always feel worse in the darker months.” — James Fitzjames
21. “These first miles are some of the hardest miles. We don’t know yet if the advance party made it to shore.” — James Fitzjames
22. “Not a man. Not a bear. Then, what?” — James Fitzjames
The Terror quotes from Sir John
23. “You’re a pilgrim to the team. And remember: God lies in all realms.” — Sir John
24. “I envy you, Mr. Collins. I have long wanted to move below.” — Sir John
25. “What a disappointment I must be to you.” — Sir John
Which of these The Terror quotes is your favorite?
This series will definitely give you goosebumps and will leave you craving for more as the characters unravel the truth behind the mystery.
The dreadful peculiarity of this series will make you explore deeper to the stories from the past especially during the time of voyage and exploration.
With its commendable acting from the characters and superb execution of the settings, it masterfully sets the tone of the story and brings the audience to the sinister nature of adventure.
Get hooked on the story and see if you want to watch the show again, or for the first time, as you look into these The Terror quotes and sayings.