These 48 Laws of Power quotes reference three thousand years worth of wisdom about success and power.
Written by Robert Greene, 48 Laws of Power, is a compilation of teachings from powerful people across multiple cultures.
The book is full of wisdoms inspired from the philosophies of those such as Sun Tzu, Machiavelli, Henry Kissinger, and P.T. Barnum.
The values in this book teach the importance of confidence, warn about the judgements of others and how to manipulate their views about you, and motivate you towards success.
These frank and honest 48 Laws of Power quotes will inspire you whether your goal is to defend your business, play the game, or reach the top of the chain.
48 Laws of Power quotes about success
1. “All masters want to appear more brilliant than other people.” – Robert Greene
2. “What has worth is worth paying for.” – Robert Greene
3. “He who poses as a fool is not a fool.” – Robert Greene
4. “Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” – Robert Greene
5. “The human tongue is a beast that few can master.” – Robert Greene
6. “Timidity is dangerous: Better to enter with boldness.” – Robert Greene
7. “By acknowledging a petty problem, you give it existence and credibility.” – Robert Greene
8. “Fools say that they learn by experience. I prefer to profit by others’ experience.” – Robert Greene
9. “It is not much good being wise among fools and sane among lunatics.” – Robert Greene
10. “You cannot repress anger or love, or avoid feeling them, and you should not try.” – Robert Greene
48 Laws of Power quotes about money
11. “Despise the free lunch judgement. What is offered for free is dangerous-it usually involves either a trick or a hidden obligation.” – Robert Greene
12. “If, for example, you are miserly by nature, you will never go beyond a certain limit; only generous souls attain greatness.” – Robert Greene
13. “By paying your own way you stay clear of gratitude, guilt, and deceit.” – Robert Greene
14. “Be lavish with your money and keep it circulating, for generosity is a sign and a magnet for power” – Robert Greene
Also read these Machiavelli quotes on power, morality, and more.
48 Laws of Power quotes about appearances
15. “Never waste valuable time, or mental peace of mind, on the affairs of others—that is too high a price to pay.” – Robert Greene
16. “When you are trying to impress people with words, the more you say, the more common you appear, and the less in control. Even if you are saying something banal, it will seem original if you make it vague, open-ended and sphinxlike.” – Robert Greene
17. “When you show yourself to the world and display your talents, you naturally stir all kinds of resentment, envy, and other manifestations of insecurity… you cannot spend your life worrying about the petty feelings of others” – Robert Greene
18. “Hide your intentions not by closing up (with the risk of appearing secretive, and making people suspicious) but by talking endlessly about your desires and goals-just not the real ones.” – Robert Greene
19. “If you make a show of going against the times, flaunting your unconventional ideas and unorthodox ways, people will think that you only want attention and that you look down upon them. They will find a way to punish you for making them feel inferior. It is far safer to blend in and nurture the common touch. Share your originality only with tolerant friends and those who are sure to appreciate your uniqueness.” – Robert Greene
20. “Never be distracted by people’s glamorous portraits of themselves and their lives; search and dig for what really imprisons them.” – Robert Greene
21. “If you are unsure of a course of action, do not attempt it. Your doubts and hesitations will infect your execution.” – Robert Greene
22. “Today we face a peculiarly similar paradox to that of the courtier: Everything must appear civilized, decent, democratic, and fair. But if we play by those rules too strictly, if we take them too literally, we are crushed by those around us who are not so foolish.” – Robert Greene
48 Laws of Power quotes about relationships
23. “Any mistakes you commit through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity. Everyone admires the bold; no one honors the timid.” – Robert Greene
24. “Keep your friends for friendship, but work with the skilled and competent” – Robert Greene
25. “Lord, protect me from my friends; I can take care of my enemies.” – Robert Greene
Also check out these Mastery quotes by Robert Greene that inspire creativity towards success.
Do these 48 Laws of Power quotes make you feel powerful?
While the book is the center of some controversy, it is sometimes accused as ruthless and self-serving, there is no denying that Robert Greene’s 48 Laws of Power is a smart, honest, and fascinating collection of centuries old philosophy.
Whether you are in business or choose to apply these philosophies towards your personal life, these 48 Laws of Power quotes will teach you the rules of the game and how to succeed and defend yourself from your competition.
Do you have a favorite quote?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 11, 2022 5:00 AM EST