Fans of Heath Ledger will love these A Knight’s Tale quotes from the hit movie!
A Knight’s Tale is a medieval comedy adventure movie that was released in 2001.
The movie was directed and written by Brian Helgeland and co-produced by Helgeland, Todd Black, and Tim Van Relliim.
A Knight’s Tale stars Heath Ledger, Mark Addy, Shannyn Sossamon, Paul Bettany, Alan Tudyk, and many other talented actors.
Upon its release, the movie was met with good to mediocre reviews from critics and performed well at the box office, where it grossed more than $117 million against a $65 million budget.
The movie was nominated for numerous awards, including Best Kiss, Best Soundtrack, and Breakthrough Female performance by Shannyn Sossamon.
The plot of the movie follows a peasant named William Thatcher, who poses as a knight so that he can compete in tournaments with the help of his hilarious friends.
Take a look at these A Knight’s Tale quotes to learn more about the movie.
A Knight’s Tale Quotes that are Fan Favorites
See if you can remember these popular quotes from the film.
1. “It’s not in me to withdraw.” — William
2. “Better a silly girl with a flower than a silly boy with a horse and a stick.” — Jocelyn
3. “I’ve even been known to jot down a poem or two if the muse descends.” — Chaucer
4. “I don’t understand women.” — Wat
5. “Perhaps angels have no names, only beautiful faces.” — William
6. “I can’t explain it. She makes me feel like a poet.” — William
7. “Well, you may feel like a poet, but you sound like an idiot.” — Roland
8. “Ulrich von Lichtenstein from Gelderland.” — William
9. “I demand poetry, and when I want it, and I want it now.” — Jocelyn
10. “A flower is good for nothing. You can’t eat a flower; a flower can’t keep you warm.” — William
11. “Your name makes no matter to me, so long as I may call you my own.” — Jocelyn
12. “All human activity lies within the artist’s scope.” — Chaucer
13. “To trudge: the slow, weary, depressing yet determined walk of a man who has nothing left in life except the impulse to simply soldier on.” — Chaucer
Popular A Knight’s Tale Quotes
If you love the movie, you’re sure to remember these quotes from your favorite characters.
14. “Your men love you. If I knew nothing else about you, that would be enough.” — Colville
15. “Welcome to New World. God save you if it is right that he should do so.” — William
16. “Love should end with hope.” — Kate
17. “If he believes enough, a man can do anything.” — John Thatcher
18. “You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.” — Adhemar
19. “My pride is the only thing that they can’t take from me.” — William
20. “The spark of his life is smothered in shite. His spirit is gone but his stench remains.” — Roland
21. “I miss you like the sun misses the flower. Like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter.” — Wat
22. “It is what gets me through the day and especially the night. The hope that after you’re gone from my sight, it will not be the last time I look upon you.” — Kate
23. “Change your stars and live a better life than I have.” — John Thatcher
24. “An Englishman will not win this French tournament. English legs are unsteady on French soil.” — French Squire 1
25. “If I could ask God one thing, it would be to stop the moon. Stop the moon and make this night and your beauty last forever.” — William
Does William Thatcher Win Any Tournaments?
Since only nobles are allowed to compete in these tournaments to test the skills of knights, Thatcher must keep up his charade of being of noble birth.
Eventually, his charade clashes with being honest so he can win the love of his life.
Thatcher must decide to be true to who he really is to win Jocelyn’s love even though that may disqualify him from the tournament.
Please share these A Knight’s Tale quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about the movie in the comment section below.