Nursing is an honorable calling, and we have the proud to be a nurse quotes to prove it.
Nurses are the lifeblood of most medical professions, and we want to celebrate their invaluable work.
Nursing is one of the oldest professions on planet earth.
It is a profession that requires compassion and dedication.
What types of nurses are there?
There are different nurses in the health field.
Here are some of the most common types of nurses:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
Nursing is a highly specialized profession, so nurses wear many hats.
Many view nurses as the glue that holds the health care system together.
With healthcare practices constantly evolving, nurses devote much time and effort to staying current.
Nurses do whatever it takes to care for those in need, tirelessly striving to protect the needs of people across the globe.
Aside from the essential administration of medical care, nurses must train to do many things.
Nurses ensure patients receive adequate doses of medicine; they continuously educate the public on diagnosis and are the liaison between doctors and patients.
Nurses are often the professionals who are on the ground in local communities.
They educate people on the best health practices and how to avoid preventable diseases.
Whether in the middle of a battlefield, during a pandemic, or after a natural disaster, the dedicated nurses of the world are our front line of defense and healing.
Quality nursing matters
If you have a particular nurse in your life or have ever benefited from the care of a nurse, check out our proud to be a nurse quotes below.
If you are a nurse, know that we honor your efforts!
Top 10 proud to be a nurse quotes
Here are some short and sweet quotes honoring nursing pride.
1. “A nurse is compassion in scrubs.” — Lexie Saige
2. “Caring is the essence of nursing.” — Jean Watson
3. “Nurses: one of the few blessings of being ill.” — Sara Moss-Wolfe
4. “Nurses are the heart of healthcare.” — Donna Wilk Cardillo
5. “Nurses are there when the last breath is taken.” — Christine Bell
6. “All in caring for patients is part of nursing soul!” — Alexsandar Radunovic
7. “A nurse will always give us hope; an angel with a stethoscope.” — Terri Guillemets
8. “Every nurse is an angel with a key for healthy community!” — Alexsandar Radunovic
9. “God appoints our graces to be nurses to other men’s weaknesses.” — Henry Ward Beecher
10. “The trained nurse has become one of the great blessings of humanity, taking a place beside the physician and the priest.” — William Osler
Proud to be a nurse quotes
These quotes are for all the dedicated nurses out there!
11. “The character of the nurse is as important as the knowledge she possesses.” — Carolyn Jarvis
12. “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy; I am telling you it’s going to be worth it.” — Art Williams
13. “Being a nurse means to hold all your own tears and start drawing smiles on people’s faces.” — Dana Basem
14. “Bound by paperwork, short on hands, sleep, and energy, nurses are rarely short on caring.” — Sharon Hudacek
15. “To do what nobody else will do, a way that nobody else can do in spite of all we go through; that is to be a nurse.” — Rawsi Williams
16. “Nurses are there when the first breath is taken. Although it is more enjoyable to celebrate the birth, it is just as important to comfort in death.” — Christine Bell
17. “I do know that I gave a little piece of myself to each of them, and they to me, and those threads make up the tapestry that is my career in nursing.” — Donna Wilk Cardillo
18. “Nursing is a noble profession, filled with wonderful people, and with the support of each other, you can go on providing great care to vulnerable patients all over the world.” — Mentor Merlin
19. “Nurses encompasses an art, a humanistic orientation, a feeling for the value of the individual, and an intuitive sense of ethics, and of the appropriateness of action taken.” — Myrtle Aydelotte
20. “If you’ve decided to become a nurse, it’s likely that you’ve been inspired by some wonderful and caring nurses that you have encountered throughout your life — we know we have.” — Mentor Merlin
Nurse quotes from Mentor Merlin
These quotes come from Mentor Merlin, one of the world’s most extensive nursing training programs.
21. “Effective nurses are reliable and responsible.” — Mentor Merlin
22. “Being organized is an absolute must as a nurse!” — Mentor Merlin
23. “A nurse should be passionate about what you do and strive to be the best.” — Mentor Merlin
24. “The nursing profession requires practitioners to develop leadership skills.” — Mentor Merlin
25. “Being a nurse means long days that will sometimes have little or no breaks.” — Mentor Merlin
26. “To get through a day, a nurse must have outstanding physical and mental endurance.” — Mentor Merlin
27. “One of the most important nursing habits to maintain is respecting patients’ privacy.” — Mentor Merlin
28. “The nurse should have the ability to explain complex information in an easy-to-understand manner is a key skill.” — Mentor Merlin
29. “A nurse must be able to think quick on their feet and get decisions right — it could mean life or death for your patients.” — Mentor Merlin
30. “A good adult nurse is also highly observant, able to assess patients and take responsibility for determining the best course of action for them.” — Mentor Merlin
Proud to be a nurse quotes and sayings
These nursing quotes are beaming with pride.
31. “Night nurse, oh, the pain is getting worse!” — Gregory Isaacs
32. “Nursing is one of the Fine Arts: I had almost said the finest of Fine Arts.” — Florence Nightingale
33. “America’s nurses are the beating heart of our medical system.” — Barack Obama
34. “Constant attention by a good nurse may be just as important as a major operation by a surgeon.” — Dag Hammarskjold
35. “Always thank your nurse. Sometimes they’re the only one between you and a hearse.” — Warren Beatty
36. “Good nurses are able to follow directions without a problem and easily communicate with patients and families.” — Mentor Merlin
37. “As a nurse, you are a member of an amazing, supportive community that will be there whenever you need it.” — Mentor Merlin
38. “These nurses are the ones that comfort and care in exactly the right way, the ones that excel in the profession.” — Mentor Merlin
39. “An effective nurse is caring, understanding, non-judgmental and has a strong ability to empathize with patients from all walks of life.” — Mentor Merlin
40. “Good nurses greatly contribute to the success and stability of healthcare institutions and to the mental and physical wellbeing of their patients.” — Mentor Merlin
Nursing pride quotes
Nurses are the lifeblood of healing.
41. “The nurses were all angels in my eyes.” — Randy Castillo
42. “Teachers and nurses get the best seats in heaven.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
43. “Nurses serve their patients in the most important capacities. We know that they serve as our first lines of communication when something goes wrong or when we are concerned about health.” — Lois Capps
44. “I don’t wanna see no doc. I need attention from my nurse around the clock.” — Gregory Isaacs
45. “A nurse dispenses comfort, compassion, and caring without even a prescription.” — Val Saintsbury
46. “It takes a very strong, intelligent, and compassionate person to take on the ills of the world with passion and purpose and work to maintain the health and well-being of the planet. No wonder we’re exhausted at the end of the day!” ― Donna Wilk Cardillo
47. “Doctors put a wall up between themselves and their patients; nurses broke it down.” — Jodi Picoult
48. “Every nurse was drawn to nursing because of a desire to care, to serve, or to help.” — Christina Feist – Heilmeier, RN
49. “Nurses are a unique kind. They have this insatiable need to care for others, which is both their greatest strength and fatal flaw.” — Dr. Jean Watson
50. “Nursing is a truly inspiring and thoroughly rewarding career like no other; however, for all of the amazing things we experience on a daily basis, there are also tough parts to deal with, like stress, long hours, and struggling to make time for family.” — Mentor Merlin
Nurse quotes celebrating frontline workers
Let’s honor our frontline workers with these nursing quotes.
51. “It would not be possible to praise nurses too highly.” — Stephen Ambrose
52. “Nurses are in unique positions to make a difference every day locally, nationally, and globally for patients, the profession, and individually.” — Patricia Jakel
53. “As a father, as a husband, I will forever be in debt to the women and men of the nursing profession” — Barack Obama
54. “It’s so inspiring to see nurses and healthcare team has taken the challenges and risen to the challenge to care for our community in new ways,” — Erica Prough
55. “As nurses, we all feel that. We’re called to help no matter what happens.” — Courtney Brickner
56. “The bravery of nursing is amazing.” — Brittany Uglesich
57. “Going into health care, you have to be ready on your feet and take what comes at you.” — Aisha Diallo
58. “To every nurse and midwife, I say thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have our deep admiration, respect, and gratitude.” — Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
59. “How can anybody hate nurses? Nobody hates nurses. The only time you hate a nurse is when they’re giving you an enema.” — Warren Beatty
Nurse Quotes About The Profession
The nursing profession is of upmost importance in the world.
60. “Let us never consider ourselves finished, nurses. We must be learning all of our lives.” — Florence Nightingale
61. “I am currently in nursing school, so one day I will be both a nurse and a writer.” ― Liza Campbell
62. “Our job as nurses is to cushion the sorrow and celebrate the job, every day, while we are ‘just doing our jobs.’” — Christine Belle
76. “Your developed countries are taking teachers from South Africa; they are taking nurses because people are better paid where they are going.” ― Thabo Mbeki
77. “Every nurse is an angel with a key for a healthy community! All in caring for patients is part of nursing soul!” — Aleksandar Radenovi
78. “Nurses have come a long way in a few short decades. In the past, our attention focused on physical, mental, and emotional healing. Now we talk of healing your life, healing the environment, and healing the planet.” — Lynn Keegan
79. “Whether a person is a male or female, a nurse is a nurse.” — Gary Veale
80. “As nurses, we know suffering. We are fully aware of how precious each moment of life is.” — Patricia Bratianu
Proud to Be a Nurse Quotes To Embrace The Career
This collection of quotes is celebrating nurses and all they do for public health.
81. “In Canada… we should be there for the nurses, cause they are always there for us.” ― Rick Mercer
82. “I am a fantastic nurse. I discovered this about myself, and I’m really fantastic at diagnosing things.” ― Jill Flint
83. “I feel passionate about nurses. I would do anything for nurses. Anything.” ― Eve Ensler
84. “And as a nurse, I know very well the importance, for example, of electronic medical records.” ― Lois Capps
85. “We would love to see walking groups more widely recommended by physicians, health trainers and nurses.” ― Sarah Hanson-Young
86. “I didn’t want just any career, so I am not going to be just any nurse.” ― Denise Richards
87. “I’m dating a girl who’s pretty level-headed. She’s a nurse. She’s a real, normal girl. Which is what I need because my life isn’t normal.” ― Kenny Chesney
Nurses make a difference
Nurses have been making a difference on our planet for a long time.
We can trace the origins of nursing back to ancient times.
Ancient nursing techniques involving caring for sick or recovering patients go back to 3000 B.C.E, over five thousand years ago!
Early accounts of nursing existed in ancient societies in Egypt, China, Babylon, India, Greece, and Rome.
In the United States, Florence Nightingale is recognized as the woman who revolutionized modern nursing in the West.
In the mid-1800s, she educated the public on improved health practices while servicing soldiers injured in battle.
Nightingale laid the foundation for many of today’s healthcare practices.
She reorganized hospital barracks, ensured walls were scrubbed, opened windows for ventilation, inspected food, soundly administered medications, and sanitized surgical equipment.
Today, we take many things for granted when we go to the hospital, but cleanliness was not the standard in the medical field before Nightingale’s work.
What is your favorite proud to be a nurse quote?
Please be sure to let us know in the comments below.