Proud To Be A Nurse Quotes Celebrating Everyday (S)Heroes
December 16, 2022 8:01 AM EST
Nursing is an honorable calling, and we have the proud to be a nurse quotes to prove it.
Nurses are the lifeblood of most medical professions, and we want to celebrate their invaluable work.
Nursing is one of the oldest professions on planet earth.
It is a profession that requires compassion and dedication.
What types of nurses are there?
There are different nurses in the health field.
Here are some of the most common types of nurses:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
Nursing is a highly specialized profession, so nurses wear many hats.
Many view nurses as the glue that holds the health care system together.
With healthcare practices constantly evolving, nurses devote much time and effort to staying current.
Nurses do whatever it takes to care for those in need, tirelessly striving to protect the needs of people across the globe.
Aside from the essential administration of medical care, nurses must train to do many things.
Nurses ensure patients receive adequate doses of medicine; they continuously educate the public on diagnosis and are the liaison between doctors and patients.
Nurses are often the professionals who are on the ground in local communities.
They educate people on the best health practices and how to avoid preventable diseases.
Whether in the middle of a battlefield, during a pandemic, or after a natural disaster, the dedicated nurses of the world are our front line of defense and healing.
Quality nursing matters
If you have a particular nurse in your life or have ever benefited from the care of a nurse, check out our proud to be a nurse quotes below.
If you are a nurse, know that we honor your efforts!
Top 10 proud to be a nurse quotes
Here are some short and sweet quotes honoring nursing pride.
1. “A nurse is compassion in scrubs.” — Lexie Saige
2. “Caring is the essence of nursing.” — Jean Watson
3. “Nurses are the hospitality of the hospital.” — Anonymous
4. “Nurses are the heart of healthcare.” — Donna Wilk Cardillo
5. “Nurses are there when the last breath is taken.” — Christine Bell
6. “Nurses: one of the few blessings of being ill.” — Sara Moss – Wolfe
7. “All in caring for patients is part of nursing soul!” — Alexsandar Radunovic
8. “A nurse will always give us hope; an angel with a stethoscope.” — Terri Guillemets
9. “Every nurse is an angel with a key for healthy community!” — Alexsandar Radunovic
10. “God appoints our graces to be nurses to other men’s weaknesses.” — Henry Ward Beecher
Proud to be a nurse quotes
These quotes are for all the dedicated nurses out there!
11. “The character of the nurse is as important as the knowledge she possesses.” — Carolyn Jarvis
12. “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy; I am telling you it’s going to be worth it.” — Art Williams
13. “When you are a nurse, you know that every day you will touch a life or a life will touch yours.” — Anonymous
14. “Bound by paperwork, short on hands, sleep, and energy, nurses are rarely short on caring.” — Sharon Hudacek
15. “To do what nobody else will do, a way that nobody else can do in spite of all we go through; that is to be a nurse.” — Rawsi Williams
16. “Nurses are there when the first breath is taken. Although it is more enjoyable to celebrate the birth, it is just as important to comfort in death.” — Christine Bell
17. “I do know that I gave a little piece of myself to each of them, and they to me, and those threads make up the tapestry that is my career in nursing.” — Donna Wilk Cardillo
18. “Nursing is a noble profession, filled with wonderful people, and with the support of each other, you can go on providing great care to vulnerable patients all over the world.” — Mentor Merlin
19. “Nurses encompasses an art, a humanistic orientation, a feeling for the value of the individual, and an intuitive sense of ethics, and of the appropriateness of action taken.” — Myrtle Aydelotte
20. “If you’ve decided to become a nurse, it’s likely that you’ve been inspired by some wonderful and caring nurses that you have encountered throughout your life — we know we have.” — Mentor Merlin
Proud to be a nurse quotes from Mentor Merlin
These quotes come from Mentor Merlin, one of the world’s most extensive nursing training programs.
21. “Effective nurses are reliable and responsible.” — Mentor Merlin
22. “Being organized is an absolute must as a nurse!” — Mentor Merlin
23. “A nurse should be passionate about what you do and strive to be the best.” — Mentor Merlin
24. “The nursing profession requires practitioners to develop leadership skills.” — Mentor Merlin
25. “Being a nurse means long days that will sometimes have little or no breaks.” — Mentor Merlin
26. “To get through a day, a nurse must have outstanding physical and mental endurance.” — Mentor Merlin
27. “One of the most important nursing habits to maintain is respecting patients’ privacy.” — Mentor Merlin
28. “The nurse should have the ability to explain complex information in an easy-to-understand manner is a key skill.” — Mentor Merlin
29. “A nurse must be able to think quick on their feet and get decisions right — it could mean life or death for your patients.” — Mentor Merlin
30. “A good adult nurse is also highly observant, able to assess patients and take responsibility for determining the best course of action for them.” — Mentor Merlin
Proud to be a nurse quotes and sayings
These nursing quotes are beaming with pride.
31. “Night nurse, oh, the pain is getting worse!” — Gregory Isaacs
32. “Nursing is one of the Fine Arts: I had almost said the finest of Fine Arts.” — Florence Nightingale
33. “When you’re a nurse, you know that every day you will touch a life or a life will touch yours.” — Anonymous
34. “Constant attention by a good nurse may be just as important as a major operation by a surgeon.” — Dag Hammarskjold
35. “Nurses don’t wait until October to celebrate Make a Difference Day; They make a difference every day!” — Anonymous
36. “Good nurses are able to follow directions without a problem and easily communicate with patients and families.” — Mentor Merlin
37. “As a nurse, you are a member of an amazing, supportive community that will be there whenever you need it.” — Mentor Merlin
38. “These nurses are the ones that comfort and care in exactly the right way, the ones that excel in the profession.” — Mentor Merlin
39. “An effective nurse is caring, understanding, non-judgmental and has a strong ability to empathize with patients from all walks of life.” — Mentor Merlin
40. “Good nurses greatly contribute to the success and stability of healthcare institutions and to the mental and physical wellbeing of their patients.” — Mentor Merlin
Nursing pride quotes
Nurses are the lifeblood of healing.
41. “Make the word better: Love a nurse.” — Anonymous
42. “Teachers and nurses get the best seats in heaven.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
43. “Save one life; you are a hero. Save one hundred lives; you are a nurse.” — Anonymous
44. “I don’t wanna see no doc. I need attention from my nurse around the clock.” — Gregory Isaacs
45. “A nurse dispenses comfort, compassion, and caring without even a prescription.” — Val Saintsbury
46. “Being a nurse is not all glamour and high fashion, but it is always rewarding.” — Anonymous
47. “Doctors put a wall up between themselves and their patients; nurses broke it down.” — Jodi Picoult
48. “Every nurse was drawn to nursing because of a desire to care, to serve, or to help.” — Christina Feist – Heilmeier, RN
49. “Nurses are a unique kind. They have this insatiable need to care for others, which is both their greatest strength and fatal flaw.” — Dr. Jean Watson
50. “Nursing is a truly inspiring and thoroughly rewarding career like no other; however, for all of the amazing things we experience on a daily basis, there are also tough parts to deal with, like stress, long hours, and struggling to make time for family.” — Mentor Merlin
Nurses make a difference
Nurses have been making a difference on our planet for a long time.
We can trace the origins of nursing back to ancient times.
Ancient nursing techniques involving caring for sick or recovering patients go back to 3000 B.C.E, over five thousand years ago!
Early accounts of nursing existed in ancient societies in Egypt, China, Babylon, India, Greece, and Rome.
In the United States, Florence Nightingale is recognized as the woman who revolutionized modern nursing in the West.
In the mid-1800s, she educated the public on improved health practices while servicing soldiers injured in battle.
Nightingale laid the foundation for many of today’s healthcare practices.
She reorganized hospital barracks, ensured walls were scrubbed, opened windows for ventilation, inspected food, soundly administered medications, and sanitized surgical equipment.
Today, we take many things for granted when we go to the hospital, but cleanliness was not the standard in the medical field before Nightingale’s work.
What is your favorite proud-to-be a nurse quote?
Please, be sure to let us know in the comments below.