If you’re a soccer fan, check out these Abby Wambach quotes from the Hall of Famer.
Abby Wambach is a former soccer player and coach who won the U.S. Soccer Athlete of the Year six times and is now in the National Soccer Hall of Fame.
You might also like these related articles:
Wambach was born in Rochester, New York, in 1980 and played college soccer for the University of Florida.
Her successful career included multiple stints on the U.S. women’s national team, where she became the all-time leading goal scorer for the national team.
Additionally, she has appeared in two Olympics, and her team won the Gold medal in both.
She is known for her knack for scoring goals and has perfected heading goals.
Take a look at these Abby Wambach quotes to learn more about the former soccer star.
The Best Abby Wambach Quotes
Enjoy some of the best Abby Wambach quotes.
1. “Nobody is offered a World Cup.” — Abby Wambach
2. “I’m not in the business of politics.” — Abby Wambach
3. “Winning, you can overlook so many things.” — Abby Wambach
4. “A few goals is the way soccer is meant to be played.” — Abby Wambach
5. “It’s not pressure. It’s a responsibility that we put on ourselves.” — Abby Wambach
6. “I really enjoy helping people out, and I enjoy time spent with kids.” — Abby Wambach
7. “It’s a heavy burden to look up at the mountain and want to start the climb.” — Abby Wambach
8. “I always think that struggle can bring out the best in people – or the worst.” — Abby Wambach
9. “As an athlete, you are literally programmed to endure a specific amount of pain.” — Abby Wambach
10. “I think making the referee aware of a situation, there is nothing wrong with that.” — Abby Wambach
Inspiring Abby Wambach Quotes
Have a look at some inspiring Abby Wambach quotes.
11. “People don’t think an athlete nowadays can have a team-first mentality, and I do.” — Abby Wambach
12. “A champion never allows a short-term failure to take her out of the long-term game.” — Abby Wambach
13. “If you break an individual record, it’s because of the greatness that comes before you.” — Abby Wambach
14. “As a competitor, I want to continue to keep turning the chapters and keep challenging myself.” — Abby Wambach
15. “Sometimes when you fail, it allows you the opportunity to grow more motivation and get more intense about your training.” — Abby Wambach
16. “I think that in order to get better as an athlete and to see whatever kind of results you’re after, you have to make goals.” — Abby Wambach
17. “Having different people come together and be on a team and win a world championship is literally, I think, the definition of being American.” — Abby Wambach
Encouraging Abby Wambach Quotes
Check out these encouraging Abby Wambach quotes.
18. “Life is not meant to be lived as a lone wolf. We all need a ‘pack.’” — Abby Wambach
19. “You never know if you can actually do something against all odds until you actually do it.” — Abby Wambach
20. “You must not only have competitiveness but ability, regardless of the circumstance you face, to never quit.” — Abby Wambach
21. “I think, as you grow older, you have to figure out the best way to utilize not only your body but your skill.” — Abby Wambach
22. “Insist upon remembering. Because we know that the lessons of yesterday’s loss become the fuel for tomorrow’s win.” — Abby Wambach
23. “You can’t cry when things get a little bit hard. You’ve just got to push through and know that there’s a reason and end to the means.” — Abby Wambach
24. “Strength is a full gamut. You’ve got to be strong from top to bottom, but you also have to raise your hand and say, ‘I’m feeling weak right now.” — Abby Wambach
25. “Whenever you get to win, you feel the satisfaction of all of your hard work, all the sacrifices, all the blood, sweat, and tears. It feels right and makes you realize that you are really doing the right thing.” — Abby Wambach
Abby Wambach’s Personal Life
Abby is married to author Glennon Doyle and lives in Hermosa Beach, California.
Wambach has admitted to struggling with alcohol and prescription drugs for years, but after a public DUI arrest in 2016, she has remained sober.
Share these Abby Wambach quotes with your friends and family, and post any comments about Wambach in the comment section below.