Our latest collection of the best inspirational quotes from world leaders!
The world has had many amazing leaders with many more to come.
It’s a blessing when a person of power is able to inspire so many people with their ideas, words, and actions.
Here is a list of the 10 Best Inspirational Quotes from World Leaders!
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Quotes from World Leaders About Peace, Humanity and The Future
1. “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” ― Mother Teresa
3. “The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word ‘crisis.’ One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger–but recognize the opportunity.” ― John F. Kennedy
4. “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it–always.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
You will also enjoy our article on Monty Python and the Holy Grail quotes.
5. “I am fundamentally an optimist. Whether that comes from nature or nurture, I cannot say. Part of being optimistic is keeping one’s head pointed toward the sun, one’s feet moving forward. There were many dark moments when my faith in humanity was sorely tested, but I would not and could not give myself up to despair. That way lays defeat and death.” ― Nelson Mandela
6. “Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It’s not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it’s a day you’ve had everything to do and you’ve done it.” ― Margaret Thatcher
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Margaret Thatcher quotes about strong will and leadership.
7. “If you’re feeling helpless, help someone. ” ― Aung San Suu Kyi
8. “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill
9. “Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.” ― 14th Dalai Lama
10. “There can be hope only for a society which acts as one big family, not as many separate ones.” – Anwar Sadat
You will also enjoy our article on world peace quotes.
Powerful Quotes from World Leaders
11. “Lead from the back — and let others believe they are in front.” – Nelson Mandela
12. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama
13. “You can’t let your failures define you. You have to let your failures teach you.” – Barack Obama
14. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mahatma Gandhi
15. “Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.” – Mahatma Gandhi
16. “It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.” – Winston S. Churchill
17. “The price of greatness is responsibility.” – Winston S. Churchill
18. “A disciplined mind leads to happiness, and an undisciplined mind leads to suffering.” – Dalai Lama XIV
19. “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” – John F. Kennedy
20. “The supreme reality of our time is the vulnerability of our planet.” – John F. Kennedy
Quotes from world leaders on how they set the example for others to follow
21. It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we’ve ever known.” – Carl Sagan
22. “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” – Robin Williams
23. “When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.” – Jimi Hendrix
24. All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.” – William Shakespeare
25. “Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.” – Archimedes
26. “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” – Desmond Tutu
27. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
28. “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” – Calvin Coolidge
29. The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine
30. “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.” – Bertrand Russell
Quotes From World Leaders To Give You Wisdom
- “The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.” — Albert Einstein
- “The beauty of empowering others is that your own power is not diminished in the process.” — Andrew Carnegie
- “He who has never learned to obey cannot be a good commander.” — Aristotle
- “If you want peace, you don’t talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies.” — Desmond Tutu
- “My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to take great people and push them to make them even better.” — Steve Jobs
- “Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.” — General George Patton
- “Do what you feel in your heart to be right–for you’ll be criticized anyway.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” — Thomas Jefferson
- “If you have no character to lose, people will have no faith in you.” — Mahatma Gandhi