These watermelon quotes are the perfect words to caption any Instagram photos you take this summer, but they are also poetic and moving.
They will have you reminiscing about those perfect summer days of your youth in no time at all!
If there ever was a fruit that instantly made you think of a season, it would be watermelon.
There is just something so summery about eating watermelon at a barbeque by the pool.
The fruit is sweet and cool and is the perfect treat on a hot summer day.
Watermelon doesn’t just remind us of all the things we love about summer, it actually has a few other symbolic meanings as well.
In various cultures, watermelon is thought to be a sign of fertility.
Dreaming about watermelon can symbolize love, passion, and lust.
However, I think the question that everyone really wants to know about watermelon is “How do you know which watermelon to pick?”
Keep reading through these watermelon quotes to learn all the tricks about making sure you pick the perfect one.
Don’t forget to also check out these strawberry quotes for enjoying the sweetness of summer.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Perfect watermelon quotes that make it feel like summer
1. “Watermelon — it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.” — Enrico Caruso
2. “When one has tasted watermelon, he knows what the angels eat.” — Mark Twain
3. “In China and Japan watermelon is a popular gift to bring to a host.” — Katie Potter
4. “Freelance’ means I can take watermelon breaks and no one can yell at me.” ― Mandy Ashcraft
You will also enjoy our article on fruit quotes.
5. “If you focus on only the seeds in a watermelon, you missed the sweetness of the meat.” — Wally Amos
6. “Every part of a watermelon is edible, even the seeds and rinds.” — Katie Potter
7. “There were happy days, with watermelon, and sad days of whiskey.” — Lewis Nordan
8. “It’s a wonderful fantasy, but it’s not real. It’s just watermelon magic.” ― Hope Ramsay
9. “I love watermelons, but I believe you got to kill it to eat it.” – Sergeant R. Lee Ermey
10. “Green Buddhas on the fruit stand. We eat the smile and spit out the teeth.” — Charles Simic
Cute watermelon quotes and captions for those summer Instagram posts
11. “After about 60 days, tiny watermelon fruits appear on the vines. Over the warm summer months, these watermelon fruits grow bigger and bigger.” — Julie Murray
12. “Big watermelon–yes; sweet–yes, luscious–you bet! That was probably the best-tasting watermelon I had ever eaten in my entire life.” — Evelyn Murray Drayton
13. “It’s watermelon weather / That summer kind of weather / When people get together and sing.” — Guy Webster
14. “And what’s more, watermelon needn’t just be enjoyed as a sweet snack. It works well in dozens of recipes, sweet and savory.” — Gordon Rock
15. “I just wanna taste it, I just wanna taste it / Watermelon sugar high / Tastes like strawberries on a summer evenin’.” — Harry Edward Styles
You will also enjoy our article on coconut quotes.
Funny watermelon quotes we can all relate to
16. “Two watermelons cannot be held under one arm.” — Turkish Proverb
17. “The inside of a watermelon should display good, crisp red flesh. Melons should not be mealy and water-soaked.” — Lonnie T. Lynch
18. “Eating watermelon is really fun. The juice runs down your face. But it’s even more fun to spit the seeds at your sister!” — Katie Potter
19. “The true Southern watermelon is a boon apart, and not to be mentioned with commoner things.” — Mark Twain
20. “Watermelon exists, why doesn’t earthmelon, firemelon, and airmelon? The Elemelons.” – Unknown
21. “You are one in a melon.” – Unknown
Watermelon quotes on life lessons
22. “Watermelon is 92% water and 8% sugar, so it is aptly named, and remained among the most refreshing and thirst-quenching fruits of all.” — Eugene A Defelice
23. “A watermelon that breaks open by itself tastes better than one cut with a knife.” — Hualing Nieh Engle
24. “Life is like eating a watermelon. You know you’re going to get some seeds; just spit them out and take another bite.” — Jeff Steinmann
25. “No matter how the watermelon is shaped, you know it is a watermelon from the outward appearance. Similarly–no matter what color or how the person is shaped, you know it is a human being.” — Evelyn Murray Drayton
26. “If people have time and patience, they will be able to count the number of seeds in a watermelon. But not one person can tell you how many watermelons will grow by planting one seed.” — Evelyn Murray Drayton
27. “You remind me of watermelon seeds / So hard to put a finger on / Shooting off to escape the slightest pressure / And yet, once firmly secured / You are the source of great enjoyment / And even pleasure.” — David Thomasson
28. “With every watermelon you cut, there is an opportunity to cut a distasteful or unappetizing watermelon. Still, this does not keep us from purchasing watermelons.” — Evelyn Murray Drayton
29. “Don’t let the seeds stop you from enjoying the watermelon.” – Unknown
30. “Life is a watermelon. Pull out the seeds of woe to taste the pulp of joy.” – Sushmitha Sriram Kumar
31. “Life is like a good watermelon, sweet and juicy…but you still have to pick out the seeds to enjoy every bit of it.” – Unknown
Poetic and poignant watermelon quotes
32. “Watermelon. A delightfully rounded ball of wondrous green exterior; that rolled with unparalleled fervor upon any frictionless surface; with the tiniest of thrust.” — Nikhil Parekh
33. “Pick up a sesame seed but lose sight of a watermelon.” — Chinese Proverbs
34. “Friends are like melons, shall I tell you why? To find one good, you must a hundred try.” — Claude Mermet
35. “Nowadays I see people who chew you up and spit you out like a seed from a watermelon and sometimes leave you to rot.” — Rebecca
36. “One of the most adulated fruits at the vendor’s imperiously embellished establishment, / Was the relished watermelon.” — Nikhil Parekh
37. “It’s watermelon weather, that summer kind of weather when people get together and sing.” — Guy Webster
38. “One of the most adulated fruits at the vendor’s imperiously embellished establishment, was the relished watermelon.” — Nikhil Parekh
39. “All I want is a ravishing watermelon; titillating my tongue beyond the point of no control.” — Nikhil Parekh
Watermelon quotes about this refreshing fruit
40. “I belonged to the church, and to the party of prohibition, and the villagers thought I died of eating watermelon.” – Edgar Lee Masters
41. “I brutally tore through the skin of the succulent watermelon, I urged myself into the action of devouring blood-red chunks of the fruit.” – Nikhil Parekh
42. “Don’t underestimate the humble watermelon. It contains Vitamin A, which is essential for healthy eyes and boosts immunity.” – Gordon Rock
43. “That’s all right if you’ve got a watermelon. Never let the seeds stop you from enjoying the watermelon.” – Jo Swerling
44. “He knew what watermelon tasted like now; it was one of his favorite things. He could almost feel it in his mouth as he stood there, that cold sweet powerful explosion of almost nothing. He needed to find a slice as soon as possible.” ― Sarah-Kate Lynch
45. “The people you leave behind when you are going on this path, are like a watermelon on a hot day when they call, to check on you. Talking to them is refreshing and can even become addictive.” ― Diana-Maria Georgescu
46. “Land is a ripe mango on your tongue. The ocean is a watermelon in your mouth.” ― Sneha Subramanian Kanta
47. “On election season politicos dawn their timber boots and red handkerchiefs. Many claim salt of the earth roots every time they eat a watermelon, but they never bite the bitterness of the rind. Everyone likes a good show and the politics of poverty never disappoint.” ― Anthony Harkins
48. “Kids love watermelon and the addition of a few cherries only makes it better!” — Teresa Kennedy
49. “Watermelons are smiles of summer.” — Unknown
50. “You live as much in me as water in watermelon.” — Unknown
51. “You can never be melon-choly in the summertime.” — Unknown
52. “Ready to eat all the watermelon this summer.” — Unknown
53. “Don’t let the seeds stop you from enjoying the watermelon.” — Unknown
54. “Water-ever, I don’t care if you think I love summer too much.” — Unknown
55. “S-melon like salty hair and ocean air.” — Unknown
56. “You’re one in a melon.” — Unknown
57. “Those unattractive sounds you make when eating watermelon.” — Unknown
58. “Love watermelon with the seeds..it’s fun to spit them at people!” — Unknown
59. “When life gives you melons, you may have dyslexia.” – Unknown
60. “‘Onions are the only food that can make you cry.’ That was before I hit him in the face with a watermelon.” — Unknown
Watermelon Quotes To Enjoy During Summer
61. “Watermelon has many other benefits as well. Its juice protects skin from the sun’s harmful rays.” — David Herzog
62. “Watermelon , as its name implies, is a good source of pure water and an excellent diuretic.” — Michael T. Murray
63. “For it’s the sweetheart kissing season, and all the world’s in rhyme when it’s watermelon sweet love telling time.” — Guy Webster
64. “I love watermelon! Chomp! Chomp! Chomp!” ― Greg Pizzoli
65. “A bathtub full of watermelon is a beautiful thing.” — Maria Soleil
66. “Watermelon pickles my very soul.” — August Wilson
67. “The sweetest Summer fruit is watermelon.” — Groucho Marx
68. “There is a strange pleasure in eating your way through a whole case of fresh watermelon.” — John Updike
69. “Watermelon is the only fruit that starts out green and turns pink when fully ripe.” — Robert Lisek
70. “Nothing beats the summer heat like watermelon. Hop over to Sixlets.com to get your fill.” — Summer Slam
What did you learn from these watermelon quotes?
Watermelon might just be the hardest fruit to pick when you are at the grocery store.
It’s not really very easy to just pick up and squeeze it.
Those things are heavy!
It isn’t like picking up a kiwi and squeezing it.
Luckily, you don’t determine whether a watermelon is ripe by hauling it around and trying to squish it.
When it comes to watermelons, it is the size and what is on the outside that matters.
A good rule of thumb is to never pick the biggest or the smallest watermelon; you are much better off going with one that is in the middle!
Also, be sure to check the colors of the rind.
The juiciest and most delicious watermelons will have a yellow-orange spot.
Avoid the ones that are super white!
Of course, it is great to eat watermelon by the slice, but it is also good in drinks, salads, and desserts!
Share your favorite watermelon quotes and recipes with us in the comment section below.