Fans of Greek mythology will love these Aeneas quotes about the Trojan warrior and leader.
In Greek mythology, Aeneas is the Son of Prince Anchises and the goddess Aphrodite, and he later became a Trojan hero.
You might also like these related articles:
Aeneas was a member of the royal line and was the cousin to Hector and was second to only Hector in fighting ability.
In Homer’s Iliad, he implies that Aeneas did not enjoy being second in anything.
When the Greeks captured Troy, Aeneas became the leader of the surviving Trojans.
He then led the Trojans to an area near Rome and established Lavinium.
In Virgil’s Aeneid, Aeneas was a heroic warrior and leader driven by obedience to divine commands.
Take a look at these Aeneas quotes to learn more about the mythological hero!
Best Aeneas Quotes
Enjoy some of the best Aeneas quotes from Virgil’s The Aeneid.
1. “Love conquers all.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
2. “Fate will find its way.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
3. “In war, the bold prosper.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
4. “Trust one who has tried.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
5. “Great souls suffer in silence.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
6. “Each of us bears his own hell.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
7. “The mind moves in mysterious ways.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
8. “The gods have not fashioned us for solitude.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
9. “The man who endures patiently will succeed in the end.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
10. “If we cannot fend off death altogether, at least we can die like heroes.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
Aeneas Quotes Sharing the Story
These Aeneas quotes help share the story of The Aeneid and the character’s role in it.
11. “It’s no easy task to rule men.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
12. “Fortune and love favor the brave.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
13. “For the unvanquished, no victory is too late.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
14. “I sing of arms and of the man, fated to be an exile.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
15. “Whatever it is, I fear the Greeks even when they bring gifts.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
16. “Many are the paths to freedom, but only one leads to the gods.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
17. “The one thing certain about war is that it will claim many victims.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
18. “Come what may, all bad fortune is to be conquered by endurance.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
19. “An honest heart being the first blessing, a knowing head is the second.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
20. “What greater glory can a man achieve than to chase his own ruin in full cry?” — Virgil, The Aeneid
21. “The descent to hell is easy, but the way back up again, that is the difficult part.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
22. “The gates of hell are open night and day; smooth the descent, and easy is the way.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
23. “Let us bear in mind that our presence is wanted by our friends and not by our enemies.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
24. “Do not yield misfortunes, but advance more boldly to meet them, as your fortune permits you.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
25. “I am Aeneas, duty-bound, and known / Above high air of heaven by my fame, / Carrying with me in my ships our gods / Of hearth and home, saved from the enemy.” — Virgil, The Aeneid
What Did Aeneas Look and Act Like?
Aeneas has been described as short and stocky with a thick chest and a strong face that wears a beard.
Aeneas was also described as being courteous, charming, and eloquent in his speech.
Please share these Aeneas quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about Aeneas in the comment section below.