Get inspired by these deep Ani DiFranco quotes from the famous singer-songwriter!
Ani DiFranco is a successful singer and songwriter that has released over twenty albums and won multiple awards.
You might also like these related articles:
Ani has an eclectic style of music that may be based on folk and alternative rock but also includes some influences from jazz, hip-hop, and more.
Her full name is Angela Maria “Ani” DiFranco.
She was born in Buffalo, New York, in 1970.
By the time she was fourteen, she was writing her own songs.
At sixteen, she lived alone and took classes at Buffalo State College.
Ani puts many of her political beliefs into her songs and concerts and has supported LGBTQ rights and anti-war views.
Take a look at these Ani DiFranco Quotes to learn more about the singer-songwriter.
Best Ani DiFranco Quotes
Here are some of the most popular quotes from Ani DiFranco.
1. “What doesn’t bend, breaks.” — Ani DiFranco
2. “Smile pretty and watch your back.” — Ani DiFranco
3. “The world is my oyster. The road is my home.” — Ani DiFranco
4. “I don’t need anyone to hold me; I can hold my own.” — Ani DiFranco
5. “Taking me seriously is a big mistake. I certainly wouldn’t.” — Ani DiFranco
6. “Don’t treat me like I am something that happened to you.” — Ani DiFranco
7. “The world owes us nothing; we owe each other the world.” — Ani DiFranco
8. “I’m an all-powerful Amazon warrior, not just some sniveling girl.” — Ani DiFranco
9. “I am a work in progress dressed in the fabric of a world unfolding.” — Ani DiFranco
10. “I don’t take good pictures ’cause I have the kind of beauty that moves.” — Ani DiFranco
Motivational Ani DiFranco Quotes
Find inspiration in these DiFranco quotes.
11. “When I look down, I miss all the good stuff.” — Ani DiFranco
12. “Those who call the shots are never in the line of fire.” — Ani DiFranco
13. “I’d rather suffer the consequences of truth than of silence.” — Ani DiFranco
14. “Let’s show them all how it’s done. Let’s do it all imperfectly.” — Ani DiFranco
15. “If you don’t ask the right question, every answer seems wrong.” — Ani DiFranco
16. “I walk like I’m on a mission ‘case that’s the way I groove. I got more and more to do and less and less to prove.” — Ani DiFranco
17. “It’s great being your own boss, but then, you know, you make your own mistakes, you know, and you own them.” — Ani DiFranco
More Ani DiFranco Quotes
Learn more about DiFranco and her thoughts in the following quotes.
18. “There’s a paradox in every paradigm.” — Ani DiFranco
19. “I will not be afraid to let my talent shine.” — Ani DiFranco
20. “But as bad as I am, I’m proud of the fact that I’m worse than I seem.” — Ani DiFranco
21. “Actually, I don’t know if honesty is a strength of some kind of weakness.” — Ani DiFranco
22. “I turned my pain into art and my hard work into a career. Helping myself has helped others.” — Ani DiFranco
23. “I know there is strength in the differences between us. I know there is comfort where we overlap.” — Ani DiFranco
24. “Every time I say something they find hard to hear, they chalk it up to my anger, and never to their own fear.” — Ani DiFranco
25. “If you’re not angry, then you’re just stupid; you don’t care. How else can you react when something’s so unfair?” — Ani DiFranco
Ani DiFranco’s Personal Life
Ani claimed she was bisexual in her twenties but has said she is now “pretty hetero.”
She has been married twice and is currently married to Mike Napolitano, and they have two children together.
DiFranco lives in New Orleans and started her own record company called Righteous Babe Records in 1989.
Please share these Ani DiFranco Quotes with your music-loving friends and post any comments about Ani in the comment section below.