These Don Miguel Ruiz quotes help break down where you need to focus to live your best life.
Don Miguel Ruiz was born in Mexico and trained as a surgeon until his life took an unexpected turn. After being involved in an accident, he set out to gain wisdom and understanding.
This led him down a different path and he is now known as somewhat of a spiritualist. His work has even been featured on Oprah.
Don’s words are simple, providing an uncomplicated way to live. Regardless of whether or not you agree with his religious ideology, these Don Miguel Ruiz quotes provide easy-to-follow ways to help live a better life.
Don’t forget to also check out these Dan Peña quotes from the trillion-dollar man.
Don Miguel Ruiz quotes on living well
1. “Every human is an artist. The dream of your life is to make beautiful art.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
2. “Trust yourself to make the right choices.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
3. “Death is not the biggest fear we have; our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive – the risk to be alive and express what we really are.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
4. “Let everything we do and say be an expression of the beauty of our heart, always based on love.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
5. “Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
6. “Choose what you really want.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
7. “Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
8. “There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
9. “Don’t take anything personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality. Their own dream.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
10. “When we respect everybody around us, we are in peace with everybody around us.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
11. “Find the courage to ask questions, and to express what you really want.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
12. “The same way that you are the main character of your story, you are only a secondary character in everybody else’s story.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
Don Miguel Ruiz quotes on being yourself
13. “Whatever happens around, don’t take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
14. “Go inside and listen to your body because your body will never lie to you. Your mind will play tricks, but the way you feel in your heart, in your guts, is the truth.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
15. “I will no longer allow anyone to manipulate my mind and control my life in the name of love.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
16. “It’s difficult to try and be what you are not. Being what you are doesn’t require any effort. When you become wise, you accept yourself the way you are, and the complete acceptance of yourself becomes the complete acceptance of everyone else.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
17. “Everything you think about yourself, everything you believe about yourself, is because you learned it.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
18. “Just imagine becoming the way you used to be, as a very young child, before you understood the meaning of any word before opinions took over your mind. The real you is just like a flower, just like the wind, just like the ocean, just like the sun.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
19. “When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
20. “When the love comes from somebody else, we can feel it and it’s nice, but when we feel our own love, it is the best thing that can happen to us.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
21. “I am here and I’m alive. That’s enough.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
22. “All of the drama you suffer in your personal life is the result of believing in lies, mainly about yourself.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
Inspirational Don Miguel Ruiz quotes
23. “The more you practice gratitude, the more you see how much there is to be grateful for, and your life becomes an ongoing celebration of joy and happiness.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
24. “Always do your best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
25. “You can have many great ideas in your head, but what makes a difference is the action. Without action upon an idea, there will be no manifestation, no results, and no reward.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
26. “The happiest moments in your life are when you are playing just like a child when you are exploring and creating just for fun. It is wonderful when you behave like a child because this is the normal human tendency.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
Wise Don Miguel Ruiz quotes
27. “The whole world can love you, but that love will not make you happy. What will make you happy is the love coming out of you.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
28. “Life is like dancing. If we have a big floor, many people will dance. Some will get angry when the rhythm changes. But life is changing all the time.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
29. “When we love each other unconditionally, our mirror is clean; we see others and ourselves as we really are, as beautiful beings.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
30. “You know that if you lie to yourself, surely other people lie to themselves. And if they lie to themselves, they will lie to you also.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
31. “Don’t make assumptions.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
32. “Love is unknown. To open the heart in trust is unknown. They say love hurts. It doesn’t have to.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
33. “Be skeptical, but learn to listen.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
34. “Without awareness, your domestication and attachments will corner you into taking actions that conform to the belief systems they have built.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
35. “People like to say that the conflict is between good and evil. The real conflict is between truth and lies.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
36. “Humans believe so many lies because we aren’t aware. We ignore the truth or we just don’t see the truth. When we are educated, we accumulate a lot of knowledge, and all that knowledge is just like a wall of fog that doesn’t allow us to perceive the truth, what really is.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
37. “When we believe in the lies, we cannot see the truth, so we make thousands of assumptions and we take them as truth. One of the biggest assumptions we make is that the lies we believe are the truth.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
38. “Whatever life takes away from you, let it go.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
More Don Miguel Ruiz quotes
39. “I am responsible for what I say, but I am not responsible for what you understand.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
40. “We have learned to live our lives trying to satisfy other people’s demands.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
41. “But it is not what I am saying that is hurting you; it is that you have wounds that I touch by what I have said. You are hurting yourself. There is no way I can take this personally.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
42. “True justice is paying only once for each mistake. True injustice is paying more than once for each mistake.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
43. “Respect is one of the greatest expressions of love.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
44. “I am the love of my life, the marriage between my mind and my body.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
45. “Before we were born, a whole society of storytellers was already here. Then storytellers who were here before us taught us how to be human.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
46. “In our development, as we grow throughout our lives, the structure of our beliefs becomes very complicated, and we make it even more complicated because we make the assumption that what we believe is the absolute truth.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
47. “The best way to say I love you God, is to live your life doing your best.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
48. “To become masters of love, we have to practice love.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
49. “Life is very, very simple and easy to understand, but we complicate it with the beliefs and ideas that we create.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
50. “Listen to other people tell their story, but don’t believe them. You know that it’s just a story that is only true for them, but listen because the communication can be wonderful.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
What did you learn from these Don Miguel Ruiz quotes?
Many of these Don Miguel Ruiz quotes show that your decisions and attitude in life are solely your responsibility.
Focusing on controlling the areas that you can, such as the way that you respond to things in life, can greatly impact the way that you live. Many of the ideas shared in his quotes are also ideas shared with other religions.
Don Miguel Ruiz’s words are a good reminder that life isn’t about all the fancy things that we tend to make it about. If we focus on ourselves and living the right way, it will help many other things to fall into place.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Don Miguel Ruiz quotes and sayings? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
November 19, 2020 7:00 AM EST