Life is meant to be enjoyed, and to live life the fullest you must always look at the bright side. The cup isn’t half empty, it’s half full!
Learning to shape your perspective positively has the power to transform not only your mindset but the whole world around you.
Positivity is a choice, and we promise that it’s one you’ll never live to regret. Allow our collection of happy quotes to inspire you. Now go out there and get happy!
We also have a collection of happy birthday captions to put a smile on your face. We want you to be happier, so be sure to read those as well.
Happy mood quotes about life
The pursuit of happiness is one of the most important driving forces in our lives.
Being happy and content is the primary human goal. Nothing in life is better than finding the source of perpetual happiness.
However, the key to a happy life is not the same for everyone.
What makes me happy might not necessarily bring joy to you. So, for you to live a happy life, you need to find your own source of inspiration and reason.
Life can be tough at times and it can be extremely hard to maintain a high level of inspiration.
But when the going gets tough, sometimes all it takes to relight the burning fire of motivation within you is to relax and have a look at the most inspiring happy quotes about life.
In that regard, here are beautiful happy quotes about life to lift your mood.
Beautiful happy quotes about life to lift your mood
1. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” – Buddha
2. “Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that happen.
Accept who you are – completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not because you think someone else wants you to be different.” – Stacey Charter
3. “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” – Epictetus
4. “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
6. “Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.” – Ernest Hemingway
7. “Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions.” – 14th Dalai Lama
8. “People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
Happy quotes about life and being yourself
9. “A man’s as miserable as he thinks he is.” — Seneca
10. “We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.” – Anne Frank
11. “Most people would rather be certain they’re miserable than risk being happy.” – Robert Anthony
12. “No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change.” – Barbara DeAngelis
13. “If only we’d stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time.” – Edith Wharton
14. “Whether you choose to move on from your struggles and enjoy life or waddle in your misery, life will continue.” ― Germany Kent
15. “The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are, and not who people think you are.” – Goldie Hawn
16. “My greatest beauty secret is being happy with myself. I don’t use special creams or treatments – I’ll use a little bit of everything. It’s a mistake to think you are what you put on yourself. I believe that a lot of how you look is to do with how you feel about yourself and your life. Happiness is the greatest beauty secret.” – Tina Turner
17. “By being yourself you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before.” – Edwin Elliott
18. “Be positive. Stay happy and don’t let the negativity of the world get you down.” ― Germany Kent
19. “The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don’t have.” – Woody Allen
Also, read these quotes about living in the moment that will remind you to enjoy life.
Thoughtful happy quotes about life
20. “When I was five years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” – John Lennon
21. “The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.” – Marcel Pagnol
22. “Be happy with what have and are, be generous with both, and you won’t have to hunt for happiness.” – William E. Gladstone
23. “I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.” – Martha Washington
24. “To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.” – Albert Camus
25. “The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.” – Ashley Montagu
26. “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
27. “Happiness and sadness run parallel to each other in Life. When one takes a rest, the other one tends to take up its Place.” – Hazelmarie Elliott
28. “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions” – Dalai Lama
29. “We don’t laugh because we’re happy – we’re happy because we laugh.” – William James
Happy Quotes About Life That Will Make You Smile
30. “True happiness arises, in the first place, from the enjoyment of one’s self.” – Joseph Addison
31. “Happiness? That’s nothing more than health and a poor memory.” – Albert Schweitzer
32. “I am very happy because I have conquered myself and not the world. I am very happy because I have loved the world and not myself.” – Sri Chinmoy
33. “Happiness, not in another place but this place…not for another hour, but this hour.” – Walt Whitman
34. “Whatever you decide to do make sure it makes you happy.” — Paulo Coelho
35. “Happy girls are the prettiest.” — Audrey Hepburn
36. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” — Marcel Proust
37. “Happiness is something that comes into our lives through doors we don’t even remember leaving open.”–Rose Lane
38. “Happiness consists of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation.”–Leo Tolstoy
39. “The key to being happy is knowing you have the power to choose what to accept and what to let go.” –Dodinsky
You might also like these awesome pursuit of happiness quotes that will make you smile.
More awesome happy quotes about life and love
40. “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet.” – James Oppenheim
41. “There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness.” – Lady Blessington
42. “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
43. “The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does.” – James M. Barrie
44. “We begin from the recognition that all beings cherish happiness and do not want suffering. It then becomes both morally wrong and pragmatically unwise to pursue only one’s own happiness oblivious to the feelings and aspirations of all others who surround us as members of the same human family. The wiser course is to think of others when pursuing our own happiness.” – Dalai Lama
45. “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
46. “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” – Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
47. “Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn’t stop to enjoy it.” – William Feather
48. “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” – George Bernard Shaw
49. “Rules for happiness: something to do, someone to love, something to hope for.” — Immanuel Kant
50. “I figure, sometimes, bad things happen to us so we can achieve a higher purpose and attain greater happiness and fulfillment in life.”― Omoakhuana Anthonia
Don’t forget to also read these one day at a time quotes to live by.
Happy quotes to lift your spirits
51. The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters. – Audrey Hepburn
52. Happiness depends upon ourselves. – Aristotle
53. Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life. – Omar Khayyam
54. It is the very mark of the spirit of rebellion to crave for happiness in this life. – Henrik Ibsen
55. “Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.” ― Steve Maraboli
56. Happiness is the best makeup. – Drew Barrymore
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of makeup quotes about the power of looking good.
57. “Don’t waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and grudges. Life is too short to be unhappy.” ― Roy T. Bennett
58. “The secret of happiness is freedom, the secret of freedom is courage.” ― Carrie Jones
59. “I think happiness is what makes you pretty. Period. Happy people are beautiful. They become like a mirror and they reflect that happiness.” ― Drew Barrymore
60. “Stop comparing yourself to other people, just choose to be happy and live your own life.” ― Roy T. Bennett
Happy quotes that will make you smile
61. “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, “This is what it is to be happy.” ― Sylvia Plath
62. “Laughing brains are more absorbent.” – Alton Brown
63. “I’ve got nothing to do today but smile.” ― Paul Simon
64. “One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.” ― Rita Mae Brown
65. “Happiness is an accident of nature, a beautiful and flawless aberration.” ― Pat Conroy
66. Embrace the glorious mess that you are. – Elizabeth Gilbert
67. Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy. –Benjamin Franklin
68. Being happy never goes out of style. – Lilly Pulitzer
69. Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people. – Tena Desae
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of positive energy quotes about the power of good vibes.
70. Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife. – Franz Schubert
More happy quotes
71. “All happiness depends on courage and work.” ― Honoré de Balzac
72. The purpose of our lives is to be happy. – Dalai Lama
73. The word ‘happy’ would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. – Carl Jung
74. Cherish all your happy moments; they make a fine cushion for old age. – Booth Tarkington
75. I am happy because I’m grateful. I choose to be grateful. That gratitude allows me to be happy. – Will Arnett
76. “Happiness is not a goal…it’s a byproduct of a life well lived.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
77. “Smile more. Smiling can make you and others happy.” ― Roy T. Bennett
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of smile quotes to help keep a smile on your face.
78. “I heard a definition once: Happiness is health and a short memory! I wish I’d invented it, because it is very true.” ― Audrey Hepburn
79. I think it’s important to find the little things in everyday life that make you happy. – Paula Cole
80. “Happiness consists in frequent repetition of pleasure” ― Arthur Schopenhauer
Happy quotes about life to improve your mood
81. “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.” – Andrew Carnegie
If you’re enjoying this collection of quotes, then you’ll love our collection of short inspirational quotes that will help you remain positive and optimistic.
82. “Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.” —Helen Keller
83. “Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.” —Franklin D. Roosevelt
84. “Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get” ― W. P. Kinsella
85. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” – Dalai Lama
86. “Happiness is where we find it, but very rarely where we seek it.” – J. Petit Senn
87. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” — Omar Khayyam
88. “Happiness is that state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one’s values.” – Ayn Rand
89. “If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present.” ― Roy T. Bennett
90. “I laugh as much as I can and cry when I have to, without apology. I think that’s happy.” – Maya Angelou
Uplifting happy quotes about life
91. “Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action.” — William James
92. “True happiness is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.” – Helen Keller
93. “Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.” – Margaret Lee Runbeck
94. “Success means being happy with who you are and bringing happiness to those around you.” – Jane John-Nwankwo
95. “You can’t lead a clean and happy life if there is a lot of unnecessary clutter around you.” – Vincent Mueller
96. “You are happy when you are doing what you love, right? Then do it! Make time for it.” – Nealey Stapleton
97. “I have only two kinds of days: happy and hysterically happy.”– Allen J. Lefferdink
98. “Whoever is happy will make others happy.”– Anne Frank
99. “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.” – Charles Spurgeon
100. “I think the key to life is just being a happy person, and happiness will bring you success.” – Diego Val
Happy quotes about life to brighten your day
101. “Now and then it’s good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.”― Guillaume Apollinaire
102. “Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.” – Frank Tyger
103. “Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.”― Robert Frost
104. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
105. “Keep your best wishes, close to your heart and watch what happens”
― Tony DeLiso
106. “He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.” – Marcus Aurelius
107. “Happiness is not a possession to be prized, it is a quality of thought, a state of mind.”― Daphne Du Maurier
108. “We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.” –Winston Churchill
109. “You are in charge of your own happiness; you don’t need to wait for other people’s permission to be happy.”― Roy T. Bennett
110. “The happiness of life is made up of the little charities of a kiss or smile, a kind look, a heartfelt compliment.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Other happy quotes about life
111. “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.” – Marcus Aurelius
112. “Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.” – Aristotle
113. “Those who are not looking for happiness are the most likely to find it because those who are searching forget that the surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
114. “Live your life by your standards, not by others. When you exist under someone else’s terms, you will never live a full and happy life.” – Christine E. Szymanski
115. “The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.” – Martha Washington
116. “Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting some on yourself.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
117. “Many people think excitement is happiness…. But when you are excited you are not peaceful. True happiness is based on peace.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
118. “Happiness doesn’t result from what we get, but from what we give.” – Ben Carson
119. “Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here.” – Leo Tolstoy
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of reality quotes aimed at helping you live your best life.
120. “The way I define happiness is being the creator of your experience, choosing to take pleasure in what you have, right now, regardless of the circumstances, while being the best you that you can be.” – Leo Babauta
Which happy quotes about life were your favorite?
We sometimes get caught up in our daily lives such that the world appears to be a grim and ruthless place. However, we have to remember that we have a choice, to be happy or not. We have to see opportunities where others only see problems.
Isn’t it amazing what a few wise words can do to your overall well-being and allow you to remember the true beauty of life? Hopefully, you found some inspiring and uplifting quotes to help you through the challenging times.
So, which happy quotes about life were your favorite? Do you have any other quotes to share with us? We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below. Also, feel free to share this collection of quotes with your friends and family.
February 18, 2021 6:00 AM EST