Bob Dole Quotes From the Former Senator
May 15, 2023 4:33 AM EST
These Bob Dole quotes show the successful life that Bob Dole lived.
Bob Dole is a former Senator and Presidential candidate.
Additionally, he was a successful attorney and a decorated military veteran.
Dole was born in Russell, Kansas, in 1923 and died in Washington, D.C., in 2021 at 98 years old.
Bob Dole represented Kansas as a Senator from 1969 through 1996 and was the Republican Leader of the Senate during his final 11 term years.
While he is best known as a Senator, he served in the House of Representatives from 1961 through 1969 and ran for President of the United States in 1996.
Dole also served in the United States Army during World War II, where he rose to the rank of Captain and was seriously injured in battle.
Upon discharge from the Army, Dole resumed his college courses and graduated with a law degree from Washburn University in 1952.
Take a look at these Bob Dole quotes to learn more about the political leader.
You will also enjoy our article on John McCain quotes.
Political Bob Dole Quotes
Check out some Bob Dole quotes about politics.
1. “All the wisdom doesn’t reside in one party.” — Bob Dole
2. “It’s going to be hard for someone like me to run for president.” — Bob Dole
3. “You know, a better man for a better America. That’s sort of our slogan.” — Bob Dole
4. “Political advice is a bit like your average Christmas fruitcake: something everyone gives and no one wants.” — Bob Dole
5. “A government that seizes control of the economy for the good of the people ends up seizing control of the people for the good of the economy.” — Bob Dole
6. “I just consider myself a Republican, none of this hyphenated stuff. I was a mainstream conservative Republican, and most people are in that category.” — Bob Dole
7. “I will seek the presidency with nothing to fall back on but the judgment of the people of the United States, and nowhere to go but the White House or home.” — Bob Dole
8. “I really thought, with my background growing up, and my service, and all that, I thought it would be enough for the presidency. But… It sure was enough when I ran for Congress.” — Bob Dole
9. “I don’t like to second-guess, but I do believe we’ve lost something. I can’t get my hand on it, but we’re just not quite where we should be, as the greatest democracy in the world.” — Bob Dole
10. “I’ve thought about it, not a lot, but I thought my relationship with Congress – the Democrats and Republicans – would help me get some things done. Not everything, but at least they’d be willing to try.” — Bob Dole
Inspirational Bob Dole Quotes
Here are some inspirational quotes from Bob Dole.
11. “Things are going to get better. Be optimistic.” — Bob Dole
12. “The difference between possible and impossible is hard work and commitment.” — Bob Dole
13. “The horizon is out there somewhere, and you keep chasing it, looking for it and working for it.” — Bob Dole
14. “When I was quite young, I put my trust in God – not government; and I never get the two confused.” — Bob Dole
15. “At my age, you find yourself looking back from time to time, and you begin to appreciate some of the things that happened to you.” — Bob Dole
16. “I think one of life’s great milestones is when a person can look back and be almost as thankful for the setbacks as for the victories.” — Bob Dole
17. “What we dedicate today is not a memorial to war, rather it’s a tribute to the physical and moral courage that makes heroes out of farm and city boys, and that inspires Americans in every generation to lay down their lives for people they will never meet, for ideals that make life itself worth living.” — Bob Dole
The Best Bob Dole Quotes
Enjoy some of the best Bob Dole quotes!
18. “Think I’ll win. Could be big.” — Bob Dole
19. “It’s a lot more fun winning. It hurts to lose…” — Bob Dole
20. “Elizabeth’s back at the Red Cross, and I’m walking the dog.” — Bob Dole
21. “I don’t know how many people run for vice president and president and lose both.” — Bob Dole
22. “If there is one clear lesson of our century, it is this: where aggression is tolerated, it multiplies.” — Bob Dole
23. “All you need to know is this. You can never go wrong by voting for a bill that fails, or against a bill that passes.” — Bob Dole
24. “We are a nation conceived, born, and nurtured by faith… Our faith is declared in our Constitution, on our currency, and in our lives.” — Bob Dole
25. “As long as there are only 3 to 4 people on the floor, the country is in good hands. It’s only when you have 50 to 60 in the Senate that you want to be concerned.” — Bob Dole
Bob Dole’s Personal Life
Bob Dole was born in Kansas and spent most of his life living in or representing the state.
Dole was married twice, first to Phyllis Holden and then to Elizabeth Halford, and he had a daughter named Robin with his first wife.
Please share these Bob Dole quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about Bob Dole in the comment section below.
And if you liked reading these Bod Dole quotes, check out our Alan Greenspan Quotes!