These Catch Me If You Can quotes will remind you how brilliant the scriptwriting of this film is.
Catch Me If You Can is an American crime film that stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks.
Steven Spielberg directed and produced the film while Jeff Nathanson wrote the screenplay based on the autobiography of Frank Abagnale Jr.
Frank is a young protege who is involved in criminal activities at an early age.
Honing his talent for manipulation and mischief, Frank eventually cons his way to becoming one of the most wanted criminals and bagging millions of dollars from his misdeeds.
Although it is quite questionable, Frank is said to manage to pose as a Pan American World Airways pilot, doctor, parish prosecutor, and many other roles without any qualifications.
This film is about how Frank eventually got caught and what he went through to get where he is.
Catch Me If You Can was released in December 2002, to critical and commercial success.
It grossed $352.1 million worldwide, making it the eleventh highest-grossing film of 2002.
Enjoy these Catch Me If You Can quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these School of Rock quotes that will make you smile.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Memorable Catch Me If You Can Quotes
1. “People only know what you tell them.” — Frank Abagnale Jr.
2. “ The Yankees win because they have Mickey Mantle. No one ever bets on the uniform.” — Carl Hanratty
3. “To da moon!!” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
4. “An honest man has nothing to fear, so I’m trying my best not to be afraid.” — Frank Abagnale Jr.
5. “You’re gonna have to catch me first!” — Frank Abagnale Jr.
6. “Put your shirt on, Frank. You’re under arrest.” — Carl Hanratty
7. “ I love my job!” — Carl Hanratty
8. “Where are you going tonight, Frank? Someplace exotic? Tahiti, Hawaii?” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
9. “For the last six months, he’s gone to Harvard and Berkeley. I’m betting he can get a passport.” — Carl Hanratty
10. “If you were a father, you’d know. I would never give up my son. I would never give up my son.” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
Catch Me If You Can quotes from Frank Abagnale Jr.
11. “Yeah, but there’s no crease in the paper. When your mom hands you a note to miss school, the first thing you do is, you fold it and you put it in your pocket. I mean, if it’s real, where’s the crease?” — Frank Abagnale Jr.
12. “The truth is that… I’m not a doctor, I’m not a lawyer, I’m not an airline pilot. I’m… I’m nothing, really. I’m-I’m-I’m just a kid who’s in love with your daughter.” — Frank Abagnale Jr.
Catch Me If You Can quotes from Frank Abagnale Sr.
13. “Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn’t quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
14. “Frank made a fake I.D. and enlisted in the Marine Corps. He’s over in Vietnam right now. That kid is halfway around the world, crawling through the damn jungle, fighting the Communists so… please, don’t come to my home and call my boy a criminal, because that kid has more guts…” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
15. “You’re not a cop! My landlord told me you were not a cop. Well, if you’re going to arrest me, I’d like to put on a different suit if that’s okay with you.” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
16. “Do you know what would happen if the IRS found out I was driving around in a new coupe? I took the train here, Frank. I’m taking the train home.” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
Catch Me If You Can quotes from conversations between Frank Abagnale Sr. and Jr.
17. Frank Abagnale Sr.: “You know why the Yankees always win, Frank?”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “’Cause they have Mickey Mantle?”
Frank Abagnale Sr.: “No, it’s ’cause the other teams can’t stop staring at those damn pinstripes.”
18. Frank Abagnale Sr.: “She’s so stubborn, your mother. Don’t worry, I won’t let her go without a fight. I’ve been fighting for her since the day we met.”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “Dad, out of all those men – you were the one who took her home, remember that.”
19. Frank Abagnale Sr.: “Where’s your mother?”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “I don’t know. She said something about going to look for a job.”
Frank Abagnale Sr.: “What’s she gonna be, a shoe salesman at a centipede farm?”
Catch Me If You Can quotes from Carl Hanratty
20. “No, no. I’m not here to arrest you. I’m looking for your son. He’s in trouble. Do you know where he is?” — Carl Hanratty
21. “I never said he was a criminal, Mr. Abagnale. I said he was in trouble. If you’d like to give me a call and talk, here’s my number.” — Carl Hanratty
22. “You go back to Europe, you’re gonna die in Perpignan Prison. You try to run here in the States, we’ll send you back to Atlanta for 50 years.” — Carl Hanratty
Catch Me If You Can quotes from conversations between Carl and Frank Jr.
23. Carl Hanratty: “I spent four years trying to arrange your release. Had to convince my bosses at the FBI and the Attorney General of the United States you wouldn’t run.”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “Why’d you do it?”
Carl Hanratty: “You’re just a kid.”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “I’m not your kid. You said you were going to Chicago.”
24. Carl Hanratty: “My daughter can’t see me this weekend. She’s going skiing.”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “You said she was four years old. You’re lying.”
Carl Hanratty: “She was four when I left. Now she’s 15. My wife’s been remarried for 11 years. I see Grace every now and again.”
25. Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “I don’t understand.”
Carl Hanratty: “Sure you do. Sometimes, it’s easier living the lie.”
Which of these Catch Me If You Can quotes is your favorite?
Frank went through a tough childhood.
The IRS wanted his father and his mother to manipulate him to hide her infidelity with her father’s friend.
Soon Frank had to run away and learn how to confidently pull scams just to eat and survive.
This is when he began to live a criminal life and forge thousands of documents to make millions.
Later in the series, Frank was arrested and was sentenced to 12 years in prison.
The FBI contacted Frank to work as a forgery and fraud expert where he will serve the remainder of his prison time.
As time passed, he was able to get his life together and live with his wife in the midwest and become a successful bank fraud expert.
Hopefully, you had fun reading these Catch Me If You Can quotes and sayings.
Let this be a reminder that some people also deserve second chances.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST