These Catch Me If You Can quotes will remind you how brilliant the scriptwriting of this film is.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Steven Spielberg directed and produced the film while Jeff Nathanson wrote the screenplay based on the autobiography of Frank Abagnale Jr., a young man who posed as a Pan American World Airways pilot, a doctor and a lawyer, and successfully cashed millions of dollars in fraudulent checks.
Frank is a young protege who is involved in criminal activities at an early age.
Honing his talent for manipulation and mischief, Frank eventually cons his way to becoming one of the most wanted criminals and bagging millions of dollars from his misdeeds.
Although it is quite questionable, Frank is said to manage to pose as a Pan American World Airways pilot, doctor, parish prosecutor, and many other roles without any qualifications.
This film follows Frank’s journey as he leads a double life, evading the FBI and living the high life until he’s eventually caught and sentenced to prison.
However, instead of punishing him, the FBI decides to put Frank’s skills to use, and hires him as a consultant to help them catch other check forgers.
DiCaprio delivers a stunning performance as the charming and cunning Frank Agagnale Jr., and Hanks shines as the determined FBI agent Carl Hanratty, who is tasked with capturing him.
Catch Me If You Can was released in December 2002, to critical and commercial success.
It grossed $352.1 million worldwide, making it the eleventh highest-grossing film of 2002.
The movie’s lighthearted and humorous tone, combined with its strong performances, makes it an enjoyable and entertaining watch.
Enjoy these Catch Me If You Can quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these School of Rock quotes that will make you smile.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Memorable Catch Me If You Can Quotes
1. “People only know what you tell them.” — Frank Abagnale Jr.
You will also enjoy our article on manipulation quotes.
2. “ The Yankees win because they have Mickey Mantle. No one ever bets on the uniform.” — Carl Hanratty
You will also enjoy our article on the oa quotes.
3. “To da moon!!” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
You will also enjoy our article on the silver linings playbook quotes.
4. “An honest man has nothing to fear, so I’m trying my best not to be afraid.” — Frank Abagnale Jr.
You will also enjoy our article on mamma mia quotes.
5. “You’re gonna have to catch me first!” — Frank Abagnale Jr.
You will also enjoy our article on gone with the wind quotes.
6. “Put your shirt on, Frank. You’re under arrest.” — Carl Hanratty
You will also enjoy our article on flirting quotes.
7. “ I love my job!” — Carl Hanratty
You will also enjoy our article on famous movie quotes.
8. “Where are you going tonight, Frank? Someplace exotic? Tahiti, Hawaii?” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
You will also enjoy our article on song quotes.
9. “For the last six months, he’s gone to Harvard and Berkeley. I’m betting he can get a passport.” — Carl Hanratty
You will also enjoy our article on liar quotes.
10. “If you were a father, you’d know. I would never give up my son. I would never give up my son.” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
You will also enjoy our article on lawyer quotes.
Catch Me If You Can quotes from Frank Abagnale Jr.
11. “Yeah, but there’s no crease in the paper. When your mom hands you a note to miss school, the first thing you do is, you fold it and you put it in your pocket. I mean, if it’s real, where’s the crease?” — Frank Abagnale Jr.
You will also enjoy our article on second chances quotes.
12. “The truth is that… I’m not a doctor, I’m not a lawyer, I’m not an airline pilot. I’m… I’m nothing, really. I’m-I’m-I’m just a kid who’s in love with your daughter.” — Frank Abagnale Jr.
You will also enjoy our article on airplane quotes.
Catch Me If You Can quotes from Frank Abagnale Sr.
13. “Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn’t quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
You will also enjoy our article on the lighthouse quotes.
14. “Frank made a fake I.D. and enlisted in the Marine Corps. He’s over in Vietnam right now. That kid is halfway around the world, crawling through the damn jungle, fighting the Communists so… please, don’t come to my home and call my boy a criminal, because that kid has more guts…” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
You will also enjoy our article on bird quotes.
15. “You’re not a cop! My landlord told me you were not a cop. Well, if you’re going to arrest me, I’d like to put on a different suit if that’s okay with you.” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
You will also enjoy our article on dodgeball quotes.
16. “Do you know what would happen if the IRS found out I was driving around in a new coupe? I took the train here, Frank. I’m taking the train home.” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
Catch Me If You Can quotes from conversations between Frank Abagnale Sr. and Jr.
17. Frank Abagnale Sr.: “You know why the Yankees always win, Frank?”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “’Cause they have Mickey Mantle?”
Frank Abagnale Sr.: “No, it’s ’cause the other teams can’t stop staring at those damn pinstripes.”
You will also enjoy our article on leo quotes.
18. Frank Abagnale Sr.: “She’s so stubborn, your mother. Don’t worry, I won’t let her go without a fight. I’ve been fighting for her since the day we met.”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “Dad, out of all those men – you were the one who took her home, remember that.”
19. Frank Abagnale Sr.: “Where’s your mother?”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “I don’t know. She said something about going to look for a job.”
Frank Abagnale Sr.: “What’s she gonna be, a shoe salesman at a centipede farm?”
Catch Me If You Can quotes from Carl Hanratty
20. “No, no. I’m not here to arrest you. I’m looking for your son. He’s in trouble. Do you know where he is?” — Carl Hanratty
21. “I never said he was a criminal, Mr. Abagnale. I said he was in trouble. If you’d like to give me a call and talk, here’s my number.” — Carl Hanratty
22. “You go back to Europe, you’re gonna die in Perpignan Prison. You try to run here in the States, we’ll send you back to Atlanta for 50 years.” — Carl Hanratty
Catch Me If You Can quotes from conversations between Carl and Frank Jr.
23. Carl Hanratty: “I spent four years trying to arrange your release. Had to convince my bosses at the FBI and the Attorney General of the United States you wouldn’t run.”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “Why’d you do it?”
Carl Hanratty: “You’re just a kid.”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “I’m not your kid. You said you were going to Chicago.”
24. Carl Hanratty: “My daughter can’t see me this weekend. She’s going skiing.”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “You said she was four years old. You’re lying.”
Carl Hanratty: “She was four when I left. Now she’s 15. My wife’s been remarried for 11 years. I see Grace every now and again.”
25. Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “I don’t understand.”
Carl Hanratty: “Sure you do. Sometimes, it’s easier living the lie.”
Which of these Catch Me If You Can quotes is your favorite?
Frank went through a tough childhood.
The IRS wanted his father and his mother to manipulate him to hide her infidelity with her father’s friend.
Soon Frank had to run away and learn how to confidently pull scams just to eat and survive.
This is when he began to live a criminal life and forge thousands of documents to make millions.
Later in the series, Frank was arrested and was sentenced to 12 years in prison.
The FBI contacted Frank to work as a forgery and fraud expert where he will serve the remainder of his prison time.
As time passed, he was able to get his life together and live with his wife in the midwest and become a successful bank fraud expert.
Hopefully, you had fun reading these Catch Me If You Can quotes and sayings.
Let this be a reminder that some people also deserve second chances.