These Catch Me If You Can quotes will remind you how brilliant the scriptwriting of this film is.
Catch Me If You Can is an American crime film that stars Leonardo DiCaprio as Frank Abagnale and was based on a true story.
Frank is a young protege who is involved in criminal activities at an early age. Honing his talent for manipulation and mischief, Frank eventually cons his way to becoming one of the most wanted criminals and bagging millions of dollars from his misdeeds.
Although it is quite questionable, Frank is said to manage to pose as a Pan American World Airways pilot, doctor, parish prosecutor, and many other roles without any qualifications.
This film is about how Frank eventually got caught and what he went through to get where he is. Enjoy these Catch Me If You Can quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these School of Rock quotes that will make you smile.
Catch Me If You Can quotes from Frank Abagnale Jr.
1. “People only know what you tell them.” — Frank Abagnale Jr.
2. “An honest man has nothing to fear, so I’m trying my best not to be afraid.” — Frank Abagnale Jr.
3. “You’re gonna have to catch me first!” — Frank Abagnale Jr.
4. “Yeah, but there’s no crease in the paper. When your mom hands you a note to miss school, the first thing you do is, you fold it and you put it in your pocket. I mean, if it’s real, where’s the crease?” — Frank Abagnale Jr.
5. “The truth is that… I’m not a doctor, I’m not a lawyer, I’m not an airline pilot. I’m… I’m nothing, really. I’m-I’m-I’m just a kid who’s in love with your daughter.” — Frank Abagnale Jr.
Catch Me If You Can quotes from Frank Abagnale Sr.
6. “Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn’t quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
7. “To da moon!!” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
8. “Where are you going tonight, Frank? Someplace exotic? Tahiti, Hawaii?” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
9. “Frank made a fake I.D. and enlisted in the Marine Corps. He’s over in Vietnam right now. That kid is halfway around the world, crawling through the damn jungle, fighting the Communists so… please, don’t come to my home and call my boy a criminal, because that kid has more guts…” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
10. “If you were a father, you’d know. I would never give up my son. I would never give up my son.” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
11. “You’re not a cop! My landlord told me you were not a cop. Well, if you’re going to arrest me, I’d like to put on a different suit if that’s okay with you.” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
12. “Do you know what would happen if the IRS found out I was driving around in a new coupe? I took the train here, Frank. I’m taking the train home.” — Frank Abagnale Sr.
Catch Me If You Can quotes from conversations between Frank Abagnale Sr. and Jr.
13. Frank Abagnale Sr.: “You know why the Yankees always win, Frank?”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “’Cause they have Mickey Mantle?”
Frank Abagnale Sr.: “No, it’s ’cause the other teams can’t stop staring at those damn pinstripes.”
14. Frank Abagnale Sr.: “She’s so stubborn, your mother. Don’t worry, I won’t let her go without a fight. I’ve been fighting for her since the day we met.”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “Dad, out of all those men – you were the one who took her home, remember that.”
15. Frank Abagnale Sr.: “Where’s your mother?”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “I don’t know. She said something about going to look for a job.”
Frank Abagnale Sr.: “What’s she gonna be, a shoe salesman at a centipede farm?”
Catch Me If You Can quotes from Carl Hanratty
16. “For the last six months, he’s gone to Harvard and Berkeley. I’m betting he can get a passport.” — Carl Hanratty
17. “ The Yankees win because they have Mickey Mantle. No one ever bets on the uniform.” — Carl Hanratty
18. “Put your shirt on, Frank. You’re under arrest.” — Carl Hanratty
19. “ I love my job!” — Carl Hanratty
20. “No, no. I’m not here to arrest you. I’m looking for your son. He’s in trouble. Do you know where he is?” — Carl Hanratty
21. “I never said he was a criminal, Mr. Abagnale. I said he was in trouble. If you’d like to give me a call and talk, here’s my number.” — Carl Hanratty
22. “You go back to Europe, you’re gonna die in Perpignan Prison. You try to run here in the States, we’ll send you back to Atlanta for 50 years.” — Carl Hanratty
Catch Me If You Can quotes from conversations between Carl and Frank Jr.
23. Carl Hanratty: “I spent four years trying to arrange your release. Had to convince my bosses at the FBI and the Attorney General of the United States you wouldn’t run.”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “Why’d you do it?”
Carl Hanratty: “You’re just a kid.”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “I’m not your kid. You said you were going to Chicago.”
24. Carl Hanratty: “My daughter can’t see me this weekend. She’s going skiing.”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “You said she was four years old. You’re lying.”
Carl Hanratty: “She was four when I left. Now she’s 15. My wife’s been remarried for 11 years. I see Grace every now and again.”
26. Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “I don’t understand.”
Carl Hanratty: “Sure you do. Sometimes, it’s easier living the lie.”
27. Carl Hanratty: “I’m going to let you fly tonight, Frank. I’m not even going to try to stop you. That’s because I know you’ll be back on Monday.”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “Yeah? How do you know I’ll come back?”
Carl Hanratty: “Frank, look. Nobody’s chasing you.”
28. Carl Hanratty: “How did you do it, Frank? How did you cheat on the bar exam in Louisiana?”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “I didn’t cheat. I studied for two weeks and I passed.”
Carl Hanratty: “Is that the truth, Frank? Is that the truth?”
29. Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “Do you always work on Christmas Eve, Carl?”
Carl Hanratty: “I volunteered… so men with families could go home early.”
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “Looked like you were wearing a wedding ring out in Los Angeles. I thought maybe you had a family.”
Carl Hanratty: “No. No family.”
30. Frank Abagnale, Jr.: “Stop chasing me!”
Carl Hanratty: “I can’t stop, it’s my job.”
Catch Me If You Can quotes from Roger Strong
31. “A doctor, a lawyer, a Lutheran. So what are you, Frank? ‘Cause I think you’re about to ask for my daughter’s hand in marriage and I have a right to know.” — Roger Strong
32. “The truth. Tell me the truth, Frank. What are you doing here? What is a man like you doing with Brenda? If you want my blessing, if you want my daughter, I’d like to hear it from you now.” — Roger Strong
33. “You’re a romantic. Men like us are nothing without the women we love. I must confess, I’m guilty of the same foolish whimsy.” — Roger Strong
34. “I proposed to Carol after five dates with two nickels in my pockets and holes in my shoes because I knew she was the one.” — Roger Strong
Which of these Catch Me If You Can quotes is your favorite?
Frank went through a tough childhood. The IRS wanted his father and his mother to manipulate him to hide her infidelity with her father’s friend.
Soon Frank had to run away and learn how to confidently pull scams just to eat and survive. This is when he began to live a criminal life and forge thousands of documents to make millions.
Later in the series, Frank was arrested and was sentenced to 12 years in prison. The FBI contacted Frank to work as a forgery and fraud expert where he will serve the remainder of his prison time.
As time passed, he was able to get his life together and live with his wife in the midwest and become a successful bank fraud expert.
Hopefully, you had fun reading these Catch Me If You Can quotes and sayings. Let this be a reminder that some people also deserve second chances.
December 2, 2021 7:00 AM EST