These School of Rock quotes will make you feel like a child again due to their hilarious skits and comedic element.
School of Rock is a comedy film starring Jack Black where he plays a struggling rockstar guitarist.
Jack Black plays Dewey Finn, struggling to cope after recently being kicked out of his band, and unwittingly disguises himself as a teacher at a prestigious prep school.
The story revolves around Dewey forming a rock band of fifth-graders to win a Battle of the Band competition to get his life together.
This film became a cult classic earning a gross income of $131Million worldwide due to its genius comedy and brave humor.
It was the highest music-themed comedy of all time, which led to a stage musical adaptation on Broadway in 2015 and a TV series on Nickelodeon.
Don’t forget to also check out these Bull Durham quotes from the comedy sports film.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
School of Rock quotes from Dewey Finn
1. “I’m a teacher. All I need are minds for molding.” — Dewey Finn
You will also enjoy our article on The Hangover quotes.
2. “Give up, just quit, because, in this life, you can’t win. Yeah, you can try, but in the end, you’re just gonna lose, big time because the world is run by the Man.” — Dewey Finn
You will also enjoy our article on Pink Floyd quotes.
3. “It will test your head, and your mind, and your brain too.” — Dewey Finn
You will also enjoy our article on Rock & Roll quotes.
4. “OK, Ms. DumBum ain’t your teacher today, I am, and I have a headache and the runs. So I say, time for recess.” — Dewey Finn
5. “I pledge allegiance — to the band — of Mr. Schneebly — and will not fight him — for creative control — and will defer to him on all issues related to the musical direction of the band.” — Dewey Finn
6. “I service society by rocking, ok? I’m out there on the front lines liberating people with my music!” — Dewey Finn
7. “Those that can’t do, teach, and those that can’t teach, teach gym.” — Dewey Finn
8. “You don’t have to worry about me because I’m a hard-ass. And if a kid gets out of line, I got no problem smacking them in the head.” — Dewey Finn
9. “Sell my guitars? Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?” — Dewey Finn
10. “Ms. Mullins, she’s the Man. And the Man ruined the ozone, he’s burning down the Amazon, and he kidnapped Shamu and put her in a chlorine tank! And there used to be a way to stick it to the Man. It was called rock ‘n roll, but guess what, oh no, the Man ruined that, too, with a little thing called MTV!” — Dewey Finn
11. “Once I get up on stage, start doing my thing, people worship me! Because I’m sexy and chubby, man.” — Dewey Finn
12. “I don’t wanna hang out with wannabe corporate sellouts. I’m gonna form my own band. We’re gonna start a revolution. And you’re gonna be a funny little footnote on my epic a**!” — Dewey Finn
13. “I like to eat! Is that such a crime?” — Dewey Finn
14. “Okay, who’s got food in here? You’re not gonna get in trouble, I’m hungry.” — Dewey Finn
15. “God of Rock, thank you for this chance to kick a**. We are your humble servants. Please give us the power to blow people’s minds with our high voltage rock. In your name, we pray, Amen.” — Dewey Finn
16. “I have been touched by your kids… and I’m pretty sure that I’ve touched them.” — Dewey Finn
17. “You’ve heard of Aretha Franklin, right? She’s a big lady. But when she sings, she blows people’s minds. Everyone wants to party with Aretha!” — Dewey Finn
18. “That’s good. Slap it, shoot it, ka-boot it.” — Dewey Finn
19. “Well, you’re not hardcore unless you live hardcore, but the legend of the rent was way hardcore.” — Dewey Finn
20. “What kind of a sick school is this?” — Dewey Finn
21. “I have a hangover. Who knows what that means?” — Dewey Finn
22. “Uh oh, it looks like Mrs. Lemmons is on crack, right kids?” — Dewey Finn
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Fast Times at Ridgemont High quotes.
School of Rock quotes from Freddy
23. “Just play the song, Schneebly!” — Freddy
24. “Go to hell, Schneebly!” — Freddy
25. “You wouldn’t come to work with a hangover unless you were an alcoholic. Dude, you got a disease!” — Freddy
Which of these School of Rock quotes is your favorite?
School of Rock is an exciting take on a school musical where it centered on classic jokes and awkward comedy, which makes the character of Dewey Finn more interesting.
It is a classic representation of a cool teacher who takes an unstructured path for education and makes learning something to look forward to.
At the end of the film, Dewey and the kids were able to perform in the battle of the bands despite the disapproval of their parents and the school.
There they see Dewey and the kids perform their hearts out and win over the crowd and earn the respect of their parents.
Hopefully, you enjoy reading these School of Rock quotes and sayings, and maybe now is the time to ease up and relax a little bit more by rewatching this film.
Read our related quote articles
Whatever you may feel about your first day of school (or your child’s first day of school), remember that everyone has been in this position in their lives.
Education is one of the most powerful aspects of life.
Through trials, triumphs, and the giggles in between, we are reminded of the beautiful mosaic of school life.
Encourage the magic of learning with our inspirational collection of school quotes.
Read our related education articles
Motivation determines what we do, how we do something, and how much we accomplish.
A fixation on tracking our growth and capabilities using a standardized grading scale gets implanted in us at an early age.
When people aren’t living their dreams, they often have limited belief systems.
“Hard work” applied to your natural talents and instincts will take you to levels others may never attain.