Leonardo DiCaprio Quotes That Will Make You Wish You Could Shake His Hand
April 7, 2020 7:15 AM EST
Leonardo DiCaprio is one of the most inspirational people in pop culture.
I would love to meet him someday!
You might be asking yourself why?
Well, these 50 Leonardo DiCaprio quotes will surely shed some light on why!
What is your favorite Leonardo DiCaprio movie?
DiCaprio has a genuine desire to help people, animals, and the planet.
With a net worth of nearly $245 million he is in a great position to do so!
He has a lot to say about that, as well as having some wise adages to add about fame, success, and happiness!
You might even say he is a bit of a romantic at heart, if you listen to his advice about love and relationships.
Hopefully, these Leonardo DiCaprio quotes inspire you to do something great today!
Also check out these Ed Sheeran quotes that will make you “Happier” and smile.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Leonardo DiCaprio quotes about acting
1. “I just want to keep doing what I’m doing and hopefully people will watch my movies.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
2. “Portraying emotionally ill characters gives me the chance to really act.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
3. “I’ve been planted here to be a vessel for acting… That’s why I’m really taking any part, regardless of how complicated it’s going to be.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
You will also enjoy our article on leo quotes.
4. “The good thing about acting is that it always keeps you on your toes… It’s not like any other job where you can go in and do the same thing as yesterday.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
5. “The best thing about acting is that I get to lose myself in another character and actually get paid for it… It’s a great outlet. I’m not really sure who I am – it seems I change every day.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
6. “Don’t think for a moment that I’m really like any of the characters I’ve played. I’m not. That’s why it’s called ‘acting’.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
7. “I’ve always been spontaneous and outgoing… I’ve tried lots of things so I’ve got some good life experiences, which is great ’cause it means I’ve got lots of material to work with as an actor.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
8. “I get unhappy doing things that I’m not passionate about. Because I feel like I’m squandering this incredible gift I’ve been given to finance films. As soon as my name alone was enough to make this happen, I vowed to myself that I was going to work with directors who were changing cinema, doing something important, you know?” – Leonardo DiCaprio
Leonardo DiCaprio quotes about fame, success, and happiness
9. “If you can do what you do best and be happy, you’re further along in life than most people.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
10. “Everywhere I go, somebody is staring at me, I don’t know if people are staring because they recognize me or because they think I’m a weirdo.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
11. “If you have done the very best you can. worrying won’t make it any better. if you want to be successful, respect one rule.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
12. “My career should adapt to me. Fame is like a VIP pass wherever you want to go.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
13. “I’m just starting to scratch the surface of what really makes me happy and it’s taken me a while to admit that acting like a little child and being a jerk and a punk is fun.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
14. “I want to be a jerk like the rest of my friends, and have fun, and not care about the consequences, but I just can’t now.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
15. “I want you to back yourself into a corner. Give yourself no choice but to succeed. let the consequences of failure become so dire and so unthinkable that you’ll have no choice but to do whatever it takes to succeed.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
16. “To join the top 1% you have to do what the 99% won’t.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
17. “97% of the people who quit too soon are employed by the 3% who never gave up.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
18. “I’ve been very lucky to have achieved a lot of the things that I dreamt of achieving as a young man. But, at the end of the day – and I truly believe this – it is not about achieving great wealth or success. Because they don’t bring happiness, ultimately.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
19. “Considering all that’s happened in my life, I feel like I’m a pretty level headed person that has remained happy and not let my shortcomings overtake the better part of me. I’m fulfilling the things I wanted to fulfill, and I’m still sane.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
You might also like these Manny Pacquiao quotes for when you are feeling down and out.
Leonardo DiCaprio quotes about love
20. “To believe in love, to be ready to give up anything for it, to be willing to risk your life for it, is the ultimate tragedy.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
21. “I don’t see why I can’t have friends of both sexes without wild rumors being circulated. It’s crazy.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
22. “Anyone I’m with has to give me freedom. I like to be with someone who has character and style and someone who is very understanding.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
23. “I’ve never been Romeo who meets a girl and falls for her immediately. It’s been a much slower process for me each time I’ve gone into a relationship.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
24. “I’m probably not going to get married unless I live with somebody for 10 or 20 years. But these people (Romeo and Juliet) took a chance and they did it. We don’t have the balls that Romeo did.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
25. “With Romeo and Juliet, you’re talking about two people who meet one night, and get married the same night. I believe in love at first sight-but it hasn’t happened to me yet.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
26. “I prefer ordinary girls – you know, college students, waitresses, that sort of thing. Most of the girls I go out with are just good friends. Just because I go out to the cinema with a girl, it doesn’t mean we are dating.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
27. “It’s easy to fall into the trap of believing all the hype that’s written about you… Who knows? In a couple of years, you might find me in the loony bin!” – Leonardo DiCaprio
28. “Being dubbed as a hunk sort of annoys me. It gives me a yucky feeling.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
Leonardo DiCaprio quotes about family
29. “My mother is a walking miracle.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
30. “My dad’s probably one of the kindest people in the world. When I was younger that’s not how I was- I was a little spoiled brat.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
31. “Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other – they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
32. “My mom, Irmelin, taught me the value of life. Her own life was saved by my grandmother during World War II.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
33. “You do need parental guidance and I was in a great position with both my mum and dad. They split when I was a baby but even though I stayed with my mom they were both very much involved in my upbringing.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
34. “My father, George, has also affected the choices in my life regarding films. I like films that take chances or say something different or experiment. Growing up with him, I was surrounded by different artists – not just actors or film-makers but cartoonists, poets, writers.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
35. “My parents, who were split up, were so good at keeping my environment strong and keeping everything around me not focused on the fact that we were poor. They got me culture. They took me to museums. They showed art to me. They read to me. And my mother drove two hours a day to take me to University Elementary School.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
Also read these elegant gentleman quotes that will inspire you to become an upstanding member of society.
Leonardo DiCaprio quotes about travelling and saving the planet
36. “I get a friend to travel with me… I need somebody to bring me back to who I am. It’s hard to be alone.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
37. “When I was young, I used to have this thing where I wanted to see everything. I used to think, ‘How can I die without seeing every inch of this world?’” – Leonardo DiCaprio
38. “Enough is enough. The truth is our planet’s alarm is now going off and it’s time to wake up and take action.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
39. “What I really wanted was to travel and see all the different animals that were on the verge of extinction.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
40. “I love being immersed in nature, going to places in the world that are pristine and untouched by man. It’s almost a religious experience when you go to a place like the Amazon, and there’s no civilisation for thousands of miles.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
41. “Raising awareness on the most pressing environmental issues of our time is more important than ever.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
42. “I play fictitious characters often solving fictitious problems. I believe mankind has looked at climate change in the same way, as if it were fiction.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of climate change quotes to inspire you to take action.
43. “As a young boy, I was obsessed with endangered species and the extinct species that men killed off. Biology was the subject in school that I was incredibly passionate about.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
44. “As a kid, I was going to be a marine biologist or an actor. When I became successful as an actor, I said, ‘Well, maybe I can lend a voice to this with an equal passion.’ You realize how lucky we are and how destructive we’ve been and what little regard we have for the natural world.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
Leonardo DiCaprio quotes about being a unique individual
45. “Everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
46. “I’m not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy, I’m definitely an individual.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
47. “I’m 97% sure you don’t like me. But I’m 100% sure i don’t care.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
48. “I didn’t know what types of movies I wanted to do. I want to do things that are different. I want to take my time with each role.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
49. “I’ve managed to keep a clear head and remain sane in this business because I remain a kid off-camera.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
50. “I really hate relaxing. I’ve done three movies in a row, worked for two years straight, and to me, idle time is the devil’s workshop. I like to focus on something.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
51. “I’m not a big dreamer. I never have been. I remember fragments of my dream, and I try to take a traditional sort of approach to researching this project and doing preparation for it.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
52. “If you’re gonna let the character be the story, you better set a tone that allows the actors to do the best work they can do.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
53. “I’m not really the quiet type, although some people think I am. But I’m the rebel type in the sense that I don’t think I’m like everyone else. I try to be an individual.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
54. “I like to be able to play a character and act out a lot of things that I can’t or don’t do in my normal everyday life.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
55. “It’s easy to be an expert if you’re the only one in the world with an interest.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
56. “When I can’t immediately define the character, and there’s an element of mystery to it and still a lot to be explored, that’s when I say yes.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
57. “I figure life’s a gift and I don’t intend on wasting it. You don’t know what hand your gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you… to make each day count.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
58. “Acting is the only time when I truly maintain the spontaneity that I want to be present at all times.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
59. “I got attention by being funny at school, pretending to be retarded, and jumping around with a deformed hand.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
60. “I’ve changed. You can’t help it. Your mind starts working in a different way. You feel really scrutinized by people.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
You might also like these Rick Ross quotes and lyrics that show his many sides.
Which of these Leonardo DiCaprio quotes is your favorite?
It is refreshing to see a cultural icon of Leo’s status have such a passion for helping people and animals.
His foundation, which he started in 1998, has awarded over $30 million dollars to many great causes.
It is nice to see someone as famous as he is, be so grounded and real.
His talent is phenomenal and as someone who used to have “teenage Leo” magazine covers all over her walls, I can say he has only gotten more attractive with age!
Maturity and genuineness have served him well.
Did you enjoy these Leonardo DiCaprio quotes and sayings?
What is your favorite Leonardo DiCaprio movie?
Use the comment section below to let us know!