Ricky Bobby Quotes from Talladega Nights
April 9, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Allow these Ricky Bobby quotes to make you laugh and brighten your day.
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby is a 2006 sports comedy that stars Will Ferrell as Ricky Bobby.
Let us know your favorite Ricky Bobby quote in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
In a 2017 interview with USA Today, actor Will Ferrell revealed that he still occasionally gets recognized as Ricky Bobby, even a decade after the movie’s release.
This shows the lasting impact of the character and his quotes on pop culture and public consciousness.
What are the benefits of reading these Ricky Bobby quotes?
Ricky Bobby was raised by his mother and only saw his father once during his childhood, but he learned a “need for speed” from his dad.
Ricky Bobby is a parody of the stereotypical redneck NASCAR enthusiast who only cares about going fast.
These Ricky Bobby quotes will:
- Offer you a new perspective on NASCAR
- Give you a good laugh
- Leave you with some quotes that are relatable to things we go through in life
Ricky Bobby is full of laughs, particularly with his relationship with his Father, Mother, and best friend.
The movie will have you laughing from start to finish with a hilarious cast of characters.
Directed by Adam McKay, the film received positive reviews, with praise for its “mix of satire, clever gags, and excellent ensemble performances.”
Talladega Nights was a commercial success, grossing over $163 million worldwide on a $72 million budget. It was the No. 1 film at the box office in its first week.
Don’t also forget to read these hilarious Talladega Nights quotes on winning.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Memorable Ricky Bobby Quotes
The character of Ricky Bobby was listed as the 83rd greatest movie character of all time by Empire magazine in 2015.
This demonstrates the enduring popularity and cultural significance of the character and his quotes.
1. “I came here to tell you one thing: come race time tomorrow, I’m coming for you.” – Ricky Bobby
You will also enjoy our article on Ron Burgundy quotes.
2. “Man, what the hell are you talking about?” – Ricky Bobby
You will also enjoy our article on the waterboy quotes.
3. “I wanna go fast!” – Ricky Bobby
4. “Cal, that is a new house! It just has a lot of creaks and moans and groans in it!” – Ricky Bobby
You will also enjoy our article on anchorman quotes.
5. “Get back, I’ll windmill ya.” – Ricky Bobby
You will also enjoy our article on Coming to America quotes.
6. “Holy moly, that’s like lookin’ up Yasmine Bleeth’s skirt!” – Ricky Bobby
7. “Oh hey, I’m Ricky Bobby.” – Ricky Bobby
You will also enjoy our article on spaceballs quotes.
8. “Holding hands with a man makes me terribly uncomfortable.” – Ricky Bobby
You will also enjoy our article on dodgeball quotes.
9. “I’m embarrassed. I really thought I could feel it.” – Ricky Bobby
10. “I’d love to sign your baby!” – Ricky Bobby
You might also like these Kenny Powers quotes from Eastbound & Down.
More Ricky Bobby quotes
In a survey conducted by The Hollywood Reporter in 2015, “If you ain’t first, you’re last” was ranked as the #5 most memorable movie quote of the 21st century, with 26% of respondents recognizing it.
Therefore, it portrays the enduring popularity and cultural significance of Ricky Bobby’s catchphrase.
11. “Where are you, Pepé Le Bitch?” – Ricky Bobby
You will also enjoy our article on king of the hill quotes.
12. “Losing is never fun, but here’s a little something to keep your spirits up. It’s real nice. I got it at Target. It’s on sale.” – Ricky Bobby
You will also enjoy our article on training day quotes.
13. “Why the hell am I even talking to you anyway?” – Ricky Bobby
You will also enjoy our article on Billy Madison quotes.
14. “No one lives forever, no one. But with advances in modern science and my high-level income, it’s not crazy to think I can live to be 245, maybe 300.” – Ricky Bobby
You will also enjoy our article on My Cousin Vinny quotes..
15. “I get emotional. You guys are workin’ so hard, and I’m just so proud of you. You remind me of me, precocious and full of wonderment.” – Ricky Bobby
You will also enjoy our article on Joe Dirt quotes.
16. “Here’s the deal. I’m the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.” – Ricky Bobby
17. “You don’t understand. You don’t understand because you don’t understand liberty. You don’t understand freedom.” – Ricky Bobby
18. “Health care systems, giant water parks. The same reason anyone comes to America.” – Ricky Bobby
19. “Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said”…” I’m too drunk to taste this chicken.” – Ricky Bobby
Ricky Bobby Quotes from his kid Walker
According to a survey by the American Psychological Association, 81% of respondents reported that humor is important for their mental health and well-being.
This suggests that incorporating humor, such as Ricky Bobby quotes, into daily life can positively affect mental health.
20. “ANARCHY! ANARCHY!” – Walker
21. “Granny? How much longer are we gonna have to do this?” – Walker
22. “My friends and I skipped school and we filled up a cup of pee and tried to get our neighbor’s dog to drink it. But he wouldn’t.” – Walker
Ricky Bobby Quotes from his kid Texas Ranger
A study conducted by the University of Oxford found that laughing with others can increase feelings of closeness and social bonding.
This suggests that sharing humorous quotes, such as Ricky Bobby quotes, can be a useful tool for building and maintaining relationships.
23. “Old man, I’m gonna come at you like a spider monkey!” – Texas Ranger
24. “I don’t know what that means, but I LOVE it!” – Texas Ranger
25. “You better shut the hell up or I’ll come over there and rip a hole in that tent!” – Texas Ranger
Which of these Ricky Bobby quotes is your favorite?
Ricky Bobby has one goal, and that is to be number one.
His quote, “If you ain’t first, you’re last,” says everything about how he lives his life.
In the movie, Ricky Bobby goes from having everything to having nothing.
He loses his house, money, fame, and wife.
In losing everything, he can find everything he needs, including a relationship with his father, mother, and kids.
His father teaches Ricky to overcome his biggest problem, which is fear.
Once he learns to harness his fear, he drives better than ever, and his comeback begins.
The best part of Ricky Bobby’s story happens while Ricky is preparing for his comeback to racing and the hilarious situations he encounters.
Did you enjoy these Ricky Bobby quotes and sayings?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.