If you love Rock music, you will enjoy these Eagles quotes.
Eagles was a rock band that initially released music from 1971 to 1980.
The band’s original members were Bernie Leadon, Glenn Frey, Don Henley, and Randy Meisner.
Other members were later added to the group, including Joe Walsh, Timothy B Schmit, and Don Felder.
The Eagles’ most popular album and title track, Hotel California, released in 1976, was a huge success for the band.
Despite the success of Hotel California, there was tension between members of the band, which caused the band to break up in 1980.
The Eagles did reunite in 1994 with a new album and tour.
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Nirvana quotes about the 90s alternative rock legends.
Eagles quotes to inspire and motivate you
1. “Don’t let the sound of your own wheels make you crazy.” – Eagles
2. “We are all just prisoners here, of our own device.” – Eagles
3. “If it all fell to pieces tomorrow…” – Eagles
4. “People don’t just run out of dreams- people just run out of time.” – Glenn Frey
5. “You can check out any time you like But you can never leave.” – Eagles
6. “Somebody asked my friend, Bob Seger, Why do you think the Eagles broke up? He said, Hotel California.” – Glenn Frey
7. “Music’s always been a big part of my life. Because of my father, I was always surrounded by music and musicians, and in school, I was in the chorus, and I played various instruments.” – Timothy B. Schmit
8. “I probably learned most of my craft from singing to the radio.” – Timothy B. Schmit
9. “I try to balance work and family. As long as I’m able physically and mentally to do it, I will.” – Don Felder
10. “I’ve been writing songs all along, and since moving to Nashville in the late-’80s, I’d begun writing something like 15-20 songs a year, instead of the typical three or four in previous years.” – Bernie Leadon
Eagles quotes that will make your day
11. “I think my first instrument was a ukulele that they gave me. I used to know how to play that pretty well.” – Don Henley
12. “A lot has to do with the writing. If you’re the writer, people seem to remember you. But my part is singing the high parts. It’s not the limelight, but I’m happy with it, even though writing is where most of the money is.” – Randy Meisner
13. “There were about 400 heads of state from countries all over the world. I walked out and played ‘Hotel California,’ and everybody in the place gave me a standing ovation, and half of those countries don’t even speak English.” – Don Felder
14. “Some groups get started too fast, and they’re in the studio before they’re ready to record.” – Randy Meisner
15. “Although I was writing songs when I was younger, I didn’t feel I had much of a clue as to what I was doing or how I was doing it. There are a few songs from my past where I thought, ‘Well, that’s pretty decent,’ but I didn’t have a discipline. I suppose I’m kind of a late bloomer.” – Timothy B. Schmit
16. “In the Eagles, you have specific assignments. You have vocal parts and musical parts that need to be exactly in place at the right time.” – Joe Walsh
17. “I thought it would be nice to sit in with Timothy B. Schmit and sing ‘Take It to the Limit,’ but they pretty much gave me a ‘no’ in a roundabout way. I can’t blame them. They have to keep their band the way it is.” – Randy Meisner
18. “I think it would be nice to sell 15 million albums as a solo artist. I’d have to deal with all the repercussions of that, but that wouldn’t be too bad.” – Glenn Frey
19. “It goes against my grain to yell at people.” – Randy Meisner
20. “Being in a band with three guitar players, one thing you need to do is learn to make each guitar voice sound separate and identifiable.” – Don Felder
Which of these Eagles quotes is your favorite?
The Eagles released another album in 2007, Long Road Out of Eden, which was accompanied by a world tour.
The tour lasted from March 2008 to November 2011.
In 2016, one of the Eagles’ original members, Glenn Frey, passed away at age 67 from complications of pneumonia and a few other health problems.
The Eagles have won many awards during their long-lasting career, including six Grammy Awards.
They also won the American Music Awards for Favorite Artist – Adult Contemporary in 1996, American Music Award for Favorite Duo or Group – Pop/Rock in 1981 and 1996.
The band was also inducted into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.
Which of these Eagles quotes and sayings is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
November 30, 2022 7:02 AM EST