Gabriel García Márquez Quotes on Love and Magic
August 12, 2022 5:00 AM EST
These romantic Gabriel García Márquez quotes and love poems will brighten your day.
Gabriel García Márquez was a Colombian writer and journalist commonly known as Gabo or Gabito.
This gifted novelist has earned a Neustadt International Prize for Literature and a Nobel Prize in Literature.
Reading these powerful Gabriel García Márquez quotes on love will bring a spark of magic into your life.
What are your favorite Gabriel García Márquez love poems?
This collection of romantic quotes contains translations of Gabriel García Márquez quotes in Spanish.
Throughout Latin America, the author is beloved for his impactful journalism and inspiring novels.
Gabriel García Márquez is also famous for popularizing the style of magic realism in his fictional works.
If you’re a fan of this author or that particular literary style, you’ll love this list of encouraging quotes.
Share these Gabriel García Márquez quotes with your friends and family.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Gabriel García Márquez quotes on love and magic
1. “It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old, they grow old because they stop pursuing dreams.” – Gabriel García Márquez
2. “What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it.” – Gabriel García Márquez
You will also enjoy our article on Magic Quotes.
3. “There is always something left to love.” – Gabriel García Márquez
You will also enjoy our article on Latin quotes.
4. “All human beings have three lives: public, private, and secret.” – Gabriel García Márquez
5. “The interpretation of our reality through patterns not our own serves only to make us ever more unknown, ever less free, ever more solitary.” – Gabriel García Márquez
6. “A person doesn’t die when he should but when he can.” – Gabriel García Márquez
7. “Ultimately, literature is nothing but carpentry. With both you are working with reality, a material just as hard as wood.” – Gabriel García Márquez
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of literature quotes to share with your favorite bookworm.
8. “The only regret I will have in dying is if it is not for love.” – Gabriel García Márquez
9. “Nobody deserves your tears, but whoever deserves them will not make you cry.” – Gabriel García Márquez
10. “I don’t believe in God, but I’m afraid of Him.” – Gabriel García Márquez
Gabriel García Márquez quotes to inspire and encourage you
11. “The problem with marriage is that it ends every night after making love, and it must be rebuilt every morning before breakfast.” – Gabriel García Márquez
12. “If God hadn’t rested on Sunday, He would have had time to finish the world.” – Gabriel García Márquez
13. “I must try and break through the cliches about Latin America. Superpowers and other outsiders have fought over us for centuries in ways that have nothing to do with our problems. In reality, we are all alone.” – Gabriel García Márquez
14. “Necessity has the face of a dog.” – Gabriel García Márquez
15. “Fiction was invented the day Jonas arrived home and told his wife that he was three days late because he had been swallowed by a whale.” – Gabriel García Márquez
16. “Wisdom comes to us when it can no longer do any good.” – Gabriel García Márquez
17. “No matter what, nobody can take away the dances you’ve already had.” – Gabriel García Márquez
18. “The heart’s memory eliminates the bad and magnifies the good.” – Gabriel García Márquez
19. “A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.” – Gabriel García Márquez
20. “It always amuses me that the biggest praise for my work comes for the imagination, while the truth is that there’s not a single line in all my work that does not have a basis in reality. The problem is that Caribbean reality resembles the wildest imagination.” – Gabriel García Márquez
Gabriel García Márquez quotes to brighten your day
21. “An early-rising man is a good spouse but a bad husband.” – Gabriel García Márquez
22. “In journalism just one fact that is false prejudices the entire work. In contrast, in fiction one single fact that is true gives legitimacy to the entire work. That’s the only difference, and it lies in the commitment of the writer. A novelist can do anything he wants so long as he makes people believe in it.” – Gabriel García Márquez
23. “No, not rich. I am a poor man with money, which is not the same thing.” – Gabriel García Márquez
24. “He who awaits much can expect little.” – Gabriel García Márquez
25. “Always remember that the most important thing in a good marriage is not happiness, but stability.” – Gabriel García Márquez
What are your favorite Gabriel García Márquez quotes about love and memories?
A couple of the most beloved Gabriel García Márquez books include One Hundred Years of Solitude and Love in the Time of Cholera.
Even if you’ve never read these particular works, you will enjoy this collection of Gabriel García Márquez quotes.
The love, magic, and power found in these words are his legacy.
Gabriel García Márquez has left a major impact on the world as a novelist and screenwriter.
If you’re interested in exploring the themes of solitude and magic, you should check out his literature.
These words of wisdom are some of the most thoughtful insights found in Gabriel García Márquez’s books and love poems.
Read his quotes for inspiration and encouragement.
What are your favorite Gabriel García Márquez quotes and love poems?
Let us know in the comment section below.