Sand Quotes That Keep You Connected With Life
January 11, 2023 2:26 AM EST
If you are searching for sand quotes that are connected with your emotions to some extent, you are at the right place.
These inspiring quotes about sand will be a perfect source of wisdom.
Sand is a particular substance containing consistent-sized stone granules.
However, sand does have a strong association with literature.
There are thousands of popular sand quotes from the world’s most popular authors and poets.
We have compiled a list of top sand quotes to motivate you.
But before heading to the quotes section, let’s discuss what sand symbolizes when you see it in dreams.
So, let’s see what we have to share with you.
The symbolism of sand in dreams
Watching sand in your dream has both positive and negative meanings.
Seeing sand while dreaming could signal that you should pay more attention to your loved ones.
It also indicates that you must struggle more to achieve your goals.
In addition, when you dream of an hourglass with flowing sand, it’s a reminder that time won’t stay here forever.
It won’t stop for anyone.
So, making your decisions before it’s too late is essential.
You must take some time and evaluate what is lacking.
There must be some pending tasks, which you should address.
Sometimes, you dream of walking on the sand.
What this symbolizes?
In most cases, walking on sand is an indication of both a lack of security and comfort.
When you see yourself walking on the sand happily, this dream symbolizes your deep connection with family.
Sometimes, it indicates that you will have a reunion with your old friends.
On the contrary, it might not be a good sign when you dream of walking on the sand with some difficulty.
This symbolizes or indicates instability.
Dreaming of footprints on the sand symbolizes a feeling of distrust and betrayal that is still annoying you.
This also suggests that you might have some trust issues.
In other words, there might be a person around you who will betray you.
Hence, you need to be careful when making friends and keep an eye on the behaviors of the people near you.
To conclude, sand can symbolize many things (good or bad) that will happen in your life.
Sometimes, it shows that you are not on the right track.
It also suggests that there are certain tasks you must perform.
So, you need to take time and consider life’s key aspects.
Top 10 sand quotes
Here we have curated the top 10 sand quotes that are interesting to read.
1. “From a grain of sand in the Pearl comes.” — Confucius
2. “The sand murmurs that it wants to swallow everything.” — Gao Xingjian
3. “You throw the sand against the wind and the wind blows it back again.” — William Blake
4. “Write your Sad times in Sand, Write your Good times in Stone.” — George Bernard Shaw
5. “All love that has not friendship for its base, is like a mansion built upon the sand.” — Ella Wheeler Wilcox
6. “Too many people write their blessings in the sand but engrave their sorrows in marble.” — Charles Spurgeon
7. “Nothing is built on stone; all is built on sand, but we must build as if the sand were stone.” — Jorge Luis Borges
8. “Time is like a handful of sand —the tighter you grasp it, the faster it runs through your fingers.” — Henry David Thoreau
9. “The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.” — Niccolo Machiavelli
10. “If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there’d be a shortage of sand.” — Milton Friedman
Check out our collection of Footprints In The Sand quotes if you enjoy this article.
Motivational sand quotes
Below are sand quotes that are unique and motivational. Just go through these quotes and see how motivated you find yourself.
11. “America cannot be an ostrich with its head in the sand.” — Woodrow Wilson
12. “Art is not a study of positive reality, it is the seeking for ideal truth.” — John Ruskin
13. “It’s just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.” — Muhammad Ali
14. “If you must speak ill of another, do not speak it, write it in the sand near the water’s edge.” — Napoleon Hill
15. “It isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out; it’s the grain of sand in your shoe.” — Robert W. Service
16. “I’m a culture person when I’m working, so my downtime is beach time: sand, surf and a barbecue.” — John Torode
17. “I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand.” — Og Mandino
18. “I see upon their noble brows the seal of the Lord, for they were born kings of the earth far more truly than those who possess it only from having bought it.” — George Sand
19. “They dined on mince, and slices of quince, Which they ate with a runcible spoon; And hand in hand, on the edge of the sand, They danced by the light of the moon.” — Edward Lear
20. “Faith is an excitement and an enthusiasm: it is a condition of intellectual magnificence to which we must cling as to a treasure, and not squander on our way through life in the small coin of empty words, or in exact and priggish argument.” — George Sand
Sand quotes about success in life
These sand quotes give you an insight into the secrets of becoming a successful person. Who knows which of these quotes might be a turning point for you?
21. “Heaven is in a grain of sand.” — William Blake
22. “Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches.” — William Goldman
23. “On sand, you can never be sure of anything. An ordinary shot can take a wicked deflection at the last moment.” — Eric Cantona
24. “Our lives are but specks of dust falling through the fingers of time. Like sands of the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.” — Socrates
25. “Life is singing also in the sand crunching under the slow and heavy steps of the guards, when we know how to listen to it.” — Rosa Luxemburg
26. “Everybody’s life is either a warning or an example. You’ve got to decide what you’re gonna be and you have to draw a line in the sand.” — Tony Robbins
27. “Just as the sand-dunes, heaped one upon another, hide each the first, so in life the former deeds are quickly hidden by those that follow after.” — Marcus Aurelius
28. “The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us, and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone.” — George Eliot
29. “I stand amid the roar of a surf-tormented shore, And I hold within my hand Grains of golden sand- How few! yet how they creep Through my fingers to the deep, While I weep- while I weep!” — Edgar Allan Poe
30. “The question is: how bad do things have to get before you will do something about it? Where is your line in the sand? If you don’t enforce the constitutional limitations on your government very soon, you are likely to find out what World War III will be like.” — Michael Badnarik
Sand quotes with a strong message
Reading these quotes can boost your morale and strengthen your confidence.
31. “Time seems to me a drift, a shifting of sand. And my mind is shifting with it. I am wearing away.” — E. L. Doctorow
32. “A physician can sometimes parry the scythe of death, but has no power over the sand in the hourglass.” — Hester Lynch Piozzi
33. “Sugar and sand may be mixed together, but the ant rejects the sand and goes off with the sugar grain; so pious men lift the good from the bad.” — Ramakrishna
34. “I walked slowly out on the beach. A few yards below high-water mark I stopped and read the words again: Write Your Worries On The Sand. ” — Arthur Gordon Webster
35. “Expedients are for an hour, but principles are for the ages. Just because the rains descend and winds blow, we cannot afford to build on shifting sands.” — Henry Ward Beecher
36. “Surely one may as profitably be soaked in the juices of a swamp for one day as pick his way dry-shod over sand. Cold and damp? are they not as rich experience as warmth and dryness?” — Henry David Thoreau
37. “I wiped away the weeds and foam, I fetched my sea-born treasures home; But the poor, unsightly, noisome things Had left their beauty on the shore, With the sun and the sand and the wild uproar.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
38. “I did not imitate the skeptics who doubt only for doubting’s sake, and pretend to be always undecided; on the contrary, my whole intention was to arrive at a certainty, and to dig away the drift and the sand until I reached The Rock or the clay beneath.” — Rene Descartes
39. “Alone I walked on the ocean strand, A pearly shell was in my hand; I stooped, and wrote upon the sand My name, the year, the day. As onward from the sport I passed, One lingering look behind I cast, A wave came rolling high and fast And washed my lines away.” — Hannah Flagg Gould
40. “What is time? The shadow on the dial, the striking of the clock, the running of the sand, day and night, summer and winter, months, years, centuries-these are but arbitrary and outward signs, the measure of Time, not Time itself. Time is the Life of the Soul.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Unforgettable sand quotes
This particular collection of sand quotes is amazing, and you won’t forget them soon.
41. “When your head is firmly in the sand, another part of your anatomy is fully exposed.” — Don Feder
42. “The sands of time cannot be stopped. Years pass whether we will them or not… but we can remember. What has been lost may yet live in memories.” — Christopher Paolini
43. “I am convinced, by repeated observation, that marbles, limestones, chalks, marls, clays, sand, and almost all terrestrial substances, wherever situated, are full of shells and other spoils of the ocean.” — Georges-Louis Leclerc
44. “A house built on sand is, in fair weather, just as good as if built on a rock. A cobweb is as good as the mightiest chain cable when there is no strain on it. It is trial that proves one thing weak and another strong.” — Henry Ward Beecher
45. “Bod said, ‘I want to see life. I want to hold it in my hands. I want to leave a footprint on the sand of a desert island. I want to play football with people. I want,’ he said, and then he paused and he thought. ‘I want everything.” — Neil Gaiman
46. “People say that time slips through our fingers like sand. What they don’t acknowledge is that some of the sand sticks to the skin. These are memories that will remain, memories of the time when there was still time left.” — David Levithan
47. “I jammed my hand in my jacket pocket, bracing myself for the next hit, and feel something. Something grainy and small, sticking to the tips of my fingers: the sand from Commons Park. Oh, Cass, I thought. I miss you so, so much.” — Sarah Dessen
48. “There is a curious thing that happens with the passage of time: a calcification of character… Change isn’t always for the worst; the shell that forms around a piece of sand looks to some people like an irritation, and to others, like a pearl.” — Jodi Picoult
49. “Extreme torture is mute, and so we sat silent, petrified, like columns of marble buried under the sand of an earthquake. Neither wished to listen to the other because our heart-threads had become weak and even breathing would have broken them.” — Kahlil Gibran
50. “We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Sahara.” — Richard Dawkins
Which of these sand quotes inspires you the most?
After reviewing our quotes, you might have felt elevated.
Those who want to excel must find inspiration or a Role Model they can follow.
These sand quotes and sayings are encouraging, giving you a reason to strive for success.
If you have found your favorite sand quote, share it with us by commenting in the section below.