These Independence Day quotes will put you in a patriotic mood!
This science fiction action film was directed by Roland Emmerich and released in 1996.
Starring Will Smith, Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Mary McDonnell, and Randy Quaid, just to name a few, the film was bound to be a success.
This is not your average movie about July 4th because as people get ready to celebrate Independence Day, the earth is invaded by an Alien Race looking to end humanity.
Independence Day takes on a new meaning as the Americans hold the history of this date from the past in their heart, but once again have to fight for their lives on the 4th of July!
This action-packed movie grossed over $817 million, which made it the second highest-grossing film ever at the time.
The Independence Day quotes below will have you looking to watch the movie as soon as possible!
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of 4th of July quotes that honor freedom and independence.
Memorable Independence Day quotes
You won’t forget these great quotes from the movie!
1. “You punched the President?” — Julius Levinson
2. “I picked a hell of a day to quit drinkin’.” — Russell Casse
3. “You really think you can fly that thing?” — David Levinson
4. “A countdown… wait, a countdown to what David?” — Marty Gilbert
5. “I’m a combat pilot, Will. I belong in the air.” — President Thomas J. Whitmore
6. “You really think you can do all that bullshit you just said?” — Capt. Steven Hiller
7. “Mr. President, I’d sure like to know what you’re doing.” — General William Grey
8. “If we don’t act now, we may not have much of an America left to defend.” — Albert Nimziki
9. “Everyone’s trying to get out of Washington, and we’re the only schmucks trying to get in.” — Julius Levinson
10. “It’s a fine line between standing behind a principle and hiding behind one.” — President Thomas J. Whitmore
Defining moment Independence Day quotes
These quotes are from defining moments in the movie.
11. “Address the nation. There’s gonna be a lot of frightened people out there.” — President Thomas J. Whitmore
12. “There you go, thinking you’re all that. But you are not as charming as you think you are, sir.” — Jasmine Dubrow
13. “If you’re so smart, tell me something, how come you go to M.I.T. for 8 years to become a cable repairman?” — Julius Levinson
14. “If I had known I was gonna meet the president, I would’ve worn a tie. I mean, look at me. I look like a schlemiel.” — Julius Levinson
15. “I don’t understand, where does all this come from? How do you get funding for something like this?” — President Thomas J. Whitmore
16. “You can tolerate a little compromise, if you’re actually managing to get something accomplished.” — President Thomas J. Whitmore
17. “Man, you know I really like Jasmine. You know that, right? Man, you are never gonna get to fly the space shuttle if you marry a stripper.” — Capt. Jimmy Wilder
18. “Perhaps it’s fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom… Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution… but from annihilation.” — President Thomas J. Whitmore
19. “It’s like in chess: First, you strategically position your pieces and when the timing is right you strike. They’re using this signal to syncronize their efforts and in 5 hours the countdown will be over.” — David Levinson
20. “The only mistake I ever made was to appoint a sniveling little weasel like you Secretary of Defense. However, that is a mistake, I am happy to say, that I don’t have to live with. Mr. Nimzicki… you’re fired.” — President Thomas J. Whitmore
Hard times bring us together
Independence Day does a great job of showing that people from all walks of life unite during hard times.
We see that not only Americans come together, but the entire world works together to save mankind.
Share these Independence Day quotes and lines with your friends and family to see who else is a big fan!
Please post your comments below in the comments section.
December 28, 2022 7:41 AM EST