Check out our latest collection of inspirational light quotes on Everyday Power.
One of the best gifts you can give yourself is discovering the light within you.
When you find the light inside you, you get to the core of who you are and discover that your ultimate purpose is just to be who you are.
Share your favorite light quote with us in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading light quotes?
We each have our own light.
So no matter what challenges might arise, we must step into the light and move forward.
Your light is your truth, that spark of:
- the unchanging state of internal peace
Here are some uplifting light quotes to help you recognize the light within you and find your path toward a fulfilling life, love, joy, peace, and prosperity.
Inspirational Light Quotes On Becoming Awakened
1. “Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.” ― J. R. R. Tolkien
You will also enjoy our article on sky quotes.
2. “In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.”- Francis Bacon
You will also enjoy our article on waiting quotes.
3. “Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light.” – Madeline L’Engle
You will also enjoy our article on pictures quotes.
4. It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. – Aristotle
You will also enjoy our article on future quotes.
5. “Sometimes, that light at the end of the tunnel is a train.” – Charles Barkley
You will also enjoy our article on spiritual quotes.
6. “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” ― Plato
You will also enjoy our article on Kahlil Gibran quotes.
7. “There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.” ― Bram Stoker
You will also enjoy our article on Hanukkah quotes and sayings.
8. “May your feet ever walk in the light of two suns… and may the moonshadow never fall on you… ” ― Robert Fanney
9. “There are two kinds of light — the glow that illumines, and the glare that obscures.” – JAMES THURBER
10. “It’s not easy to be Light when you’ve been Dark. It’s almost too much to ask anyone.”-Macon Ravenwood
Light quotes to inspire you to live your dreams
11. “Pointing to another world will never stop vice among us; shedding light over this world can alone help us.” ― Walt Whitman
You will also enjoy our article on Namaste quotes.
12. “You have to find what sparks a light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world.” ― Oprah Winfrey
13. “Darkness will always try to extinguish the light. The light will always try to repress the darkness.” ― Morgan Rhodes
You will also enjoy our article on sunshine quotes and sayings.
14. “There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” – Edith Wharton
You will also enjoy our article on supernatural quotes.
15. “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
16. “Your path is illuminated by the light, yet darkness lets the stars shine bright.” – J.L.W. Brooks
You will also enjoy our article on Edna Mode quotes.
17. “It’s not necessary to blow out your neighbor’s light to let your own shine.” – M. R. DeHaan
You will also enjoy our article on right path.
18. “When the Sun of compassion arises darkness evaporates and the singing birds come from nowhere.” ― Amit Ray
You will also enjoy our article on bloom quotes.
19. “It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
You will also enjoy our article on world peace quotes.
20. “We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.” – J. K. ROWLING
Also, check these inspirational energy quotes to lift your spirits.
Inspirational light quotes about life and happiness
21. “Happiness is always there. You just have to choose to see it. There’s no point dwelling in the dark and ignoring the light of the stars.” ― Carrie Hope Fletcher
You will also enjoy our article on plato quotes.
22. “A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside.” – Denis Waitley
You will also enjoy our article on spiritual awakening quotes.
23. “The artist vocation is to send light into the human heart.” – George Sand
You will also enjoy our article on full moon quotes.
24. “Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark. Begin at the beginning. Tell Gregory a story. Make some light.” ― Kate DiCamillo
25. “Love is not consolation. It is light.” ― Simone Weil
26. “My first memory is of light — the brightness of light — light all around.” ― Georgia O’Keeffe
27. “The people who love you will guide you like bright lights into the other worlds.” ― Josephine Angelini
28. How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world. – WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE
29. “The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness, but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen.” ― Shannon L. Alder
30. “Just remember, a dark shadow need light to exist but light doesn’t need darkness to be luminous.” ― Gwen Hayes
Uplifting light quotes to inspire growth and success
31. Following the light of the sun, we left the Old World. – Christopher Columbus
32. “Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.” – Maya Angelou
33. “There is no darkness so dense, so menacing, or so difficult that it cannot be overcome by light.” – Vern P. Stanfill
34. “When you possess light within, you see it externally.” – Anais Nin
35. “Most of us are imprisoned by something. We’re living in darkness until something flips on the switch.” ― Wynonna Judd
36. “Life isn’t just about darkness or light, rather it’s about finding light within the darkness.” ― Landon Parham
37. “A man who refuses light will remain in the darkness even by the side of light!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
38. He whose face gives no light, shall never become a star. – William Blake
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of William Blake quotes for the creative soul.
39. Let your light shine. Shine within you so that it can shine on someone else. Let your light shine. – Oprah Winfrey
40. Be a light unto yourself. – Gautama Buddha
You might also enjoy these Darkness Quotes to help you Enlighten Yourself.
Light quotes to elevate your perspective
41. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.
42. education is the movement from darkness to light. – Allan Bloom
43. Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. – Helen Keller
44. “In Light there is Dark, and in Dark there is Light.” ― Kami Garcia
45. “The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.” ― Brian A. McBride
46. Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. – Khalil Gibran
47. “I warn you, the trip will not be easy. Once you choose to walk in the light, your path will lead you places you do not want to go.” ― Dave Wolverton
48. Look at light and admire its beauty. Close your eyes, and then look again: what you saw is no longer there; and what you will see later is not yet. – Leonardo da Vinci
49. “The more light you allow within you the brighter the world you live in will be.” – Shakti Gawain
50. “Either all lights are turned off or one inner light is missing.” ― Dejan Stojanovic
Light quotes to illuminate your life
51. “Just as a painter needs light in order to put the finishing touches to his picture, so I need an inner light, which I feel I never have enough of in the autumn.”― Leo Tolstoy
52. “You can’t selectively numb your anger, any more than you can turn off all lights in a room, and still expect to see the light.”― Shannon L. Alder
53. “May the sun come, it’s a new day; In the pure land of fantasy; That our darkness enlightened.”― Miguel Torga
54. “He who does not see the light in others does not see the light in himself.”― Doreen DeVore
55. “No man can walk so long in the Shadow that he cannot come again to the Light.”― Robert Jordan
56. “If we only look within, we will see the Light as if we were seeing our own image in a mirror.”― Sri S. Satchidananda
57. “For a man who walks in the light, to stay humble is not to walk in the dark; you don’t need to project yourself to be thought an honest man.”― Mike Norton
58. “No truth, no light.”― Suzy Kassem
59. “Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right.”― Grateful Dead
60. If you have a light, share it with people; if you have a darkness, share it with the Sun!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
Take a moment to check out these Shadow Quotes to Shed Light on Life & the Mind.
Powerful light quotes to inspire you
61. “Happiness is attained, not through self-interest, but through unconditional fidelity in endless love of eternal light.” ― Aaron Cohen
62. “We move in and out of darkness and light all our lives. Right now I’m pleased to be in the light.”― Neal Shusterman
63. “You have to be transparent so you no longer cast a shadow but instead let the light pass through you.” ― Kamand Kojouri
64. “Light is colder when there are parts of it missing.”― Olli Jalonen
65. “Dreams are what guide us, art is what defines us, math is what makes it all possible, and love is what lights our way.”― Mike Norton
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of math quotes for when things just aren’t adding up.
66. “The path of light is the quest for knowledge.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
67. “Being the light of the world is about being a broken, exploding, scarred star and shining a light of hope and inspiration to everyone around you.”
― Ricky Maye
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of short quotes that can make a big difference in your life.
68. “When I feel the heat, I see the light.”― Everett Dirksen
69. “When you go home you ought to go like a ray of light—so that it will, even in the night, burst out of the doors and windows and illuminate the darkness.”― Robert G. Ingersoll
70. “If you can walk on the light, you get endless paths to go anywhere in the universe!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
Light quotes to brighten your day
71. “Many hands make light work.” – John Heywood
72. “No matter what you’re going through, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel and it may seem hard to get to it but you can do it and just keep working towards it and you’ll find the positive side of things.” – Demi Lovato
73. “Give light and people will find the way.” – Ella Baker
74. “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
75. “My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night; but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends – it gives a lovely light!” – Edna St. Vincent Millay
76. “There is a crack in everything, that’s how the light gets in.” – Leonard Cohen
77. “Light tomorrow with today!” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
78. “Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light.” – George Washington
79. “Nature is so powerful, so strong. Capturing its essence is not easy – your work becomes a dance with light and the weather. It takes you to a place within yourself.” – Annie Leibovitz
80. “At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” – Albert Schweitzer
81. “The candles on your cake remind me of the encouraging light you shine on all those around you.” – Catherine Pulsifer
82. “Knowledge is love and light and vision.” – Helen Keller
83. “Yours is the light by which my spirit’s born: you are my sun, my moon, and all my stars.”
– E.E. Cummings
84. “Just as the light of spring brings new growth, the light of consciousness brings new life to our body minds.” – Kathleen Wiley
85. “Does one light a torch to see the sun?” – Japanese Proverb
Don’t forget to also check out these water quotes that will get you thinking.
Short quotes about light
86. “The light shines in the darkness and the darkness comprehended it not.” – Bible
87. “Light refused increases darkness.” – Adrian Rogers
88. “Light cannot be chained.” – Brent Weeks
89. “Use the light to return to clarity.” – Laozi
90. “Light is the shadow of God.” – Thomas Browne
91. “In the darkness, bring the light.” – Debasish Mridha
92. “Light always overcomes darkness.” – Donald L. Hicks
93. “We have to be light, even if there is only darkness around.” – Unknown
94. “The light of love sees no walls.” – Suzy Kassem
95. “Every moment of light and dark is a miracle.” – Walt Whitman
Quotes about Shedding Light on Your Darkest Days
96. “Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself.” – Desiderius Erasmus
97. “Light is a matter of experience, and it stays in play as experience even as we do our best to reduce it to rule and explanation.” – David A. Grandy
98. “A candle loses nothing when it lights another candle.” – Thomas Jefferson
99. “His high endeavours are an inward light That makes the path before him always bright.” ― William Wordsworth
100. “We cannot hold a torch to light another’s a path without brightening our own.” – Ben Sweetland
101. “If the light is in your heart, you will find your way home.” – Rumi
102. “If you are the light, you cast away the darkness.” – ManHee Lee
103. “The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world’s joy.” – Henry Ward Beecher
104. “Live in rooms full of light.” – Cornelius Celsus
105. “At the darkest moment comes the light.” – Joseph Campbell
Inspirational Light Quotes For Discovering The Light In You
106. “Travel light, live light, spread the light, be the light.” — Yogi Bhajan
107. “Light is to darkness what love is to fear; in the presence of one the other disappears.” – Marianne Williamson
108. “Light must come from inside. You cannot ask the darkness to leave; you must turn on the light.” – Sogyal Rinpoche
109. “We are indeed the light of the world — but only if our switch is turned on.” – John Hagee
110. “No degree of worldly darkness can extinguish the glow of a soul’s inner light.” – Wes Fesler
111. “Listen to the inner light; it will guide you. Listen to the inner peace; it will feed you. Listen to the inner love; it will transform you.” – Sri Chinmoy
112. “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.” – Desmond Tutu
113. “Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.” – Brene Brown
114. “Moons and years pass by and are gone forever, but a beautiful moment shimmers through life a ray of light.” – Franz Grillparzer
115. “I will love the light for it shows me the way. Yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.” – Og Mandino
Light Quotes To Let You Shine No Matter The Situation
116. “But hope is no less realistic than despair. It is still our choice whether to live in light or lie down in darkness.” ― Rick Yancey
117. “The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.” ― Jess C. Scott
118. “I preach darkness. I don’t inspire hope—only shadows. It’s up to you to find the light in my words.” ― Charles Lee
119. “No matter how dim the light filtering through the trees is, you can still try your best to grasp it. -Kaien Cross” ― Matsuri Hino
120. “Even though it’s dark and cold there is always a shade of light.” ― Angela Bernabe
121. “So much light, sweet girl, begins in the dark.” ― Catherynne M. Valente
122. “You can overcome whatever is going on around you if you believe in the light that lives within you.” ― Justine Edward
123. “You don’t find light by avoiding the darkness.” ― S. Kelley Harrell
124. “Do not give them a candle to light the way, teach them how to make fire instead. That is the meaning of enlightenment.” ― Kamand Kojouri
125. “There is light in the world, and it is us!” ― Eliezer Yudkowsky
Light Quotes To Encourage The Illumination Of The Light Within
126. “There is always light. If only we’re brave enough to see it. If only we’re brave enough to be it.” — Amanda Gorman
127. “To shine your brightest light is to be who you truly are.” ― Roy T. Bennett
128. “Know that when you live joyfully, you radiate your light into the world.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
129. “The light you bring into this world is beautiful, irreplaceable, and needed.” — Twloha
130. “Have faith in the light you carry.” ― Seth Adam Smith
131. “There is always a light within us that is free from all sorrow and grief, no matter how much we may be experiencing suffering.” ― Patanjali
132. “Turn on the light within, expand your horizons and reach your full potential.”
― Amit Ray
133. “Within you is the light of a thousand suns.” ― Robert Adams
134. “There is light within your soul. Let it shine.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
135. “Illuminate the wonderful light within you.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
Light Quotes On Hope and Positivity
136. “In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary.” ― Aaron Rose
137. “It is light that enables us to see the differences between things; and it is Christ who gives us light.” ― Martin H. Manser
138. “We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to their shining- they just shine.” ― Dwight L. Moody
139. “His high endeavors are an inward light That makes the path before him always bright.” ― William Wordsworth
140. “And the light of our love was as everlasting as the fragrance of God, / It radiated a perpetual immortal glow; which neither faded in darkness; / not disappeared in the brightest of light.” ― Nikhil Parekh
141. “Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you.” ― John Ruskin
142. “The path of light is self awaken.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
143. “Light is the symbol of truth.” ― James Russell Lowell
144. “Let’s light up the world tonight / You gotta give up the bark and bite / I know that we got the love alright / Come on and light it up, light it up tonight.” ― Peer Astrom
145. “You can’t have a light without a dark to stick it in.” ― Arlo Guthrie
Light Quotes to Discover the Power of Light
146. “In the darkest moments, the light within you shines the brightest, guiding you through the shadows of doubt.” ― Oprah Winfrey
147. “Your inner light is a beacon of hope, capable of illuminating even the darkest paths on your journey.” ― Michelle Obama
148. “The light of kindness is a powerful force; it has the ability to brighten not only your world but the lives of others as well.” ― Nelson Mandela
149. “Every small act of love is a flicker of light in the vast darkness of the world, creating a tapestry of compassion.” ― Dalai Lama
150. “In the depths of despair, look within; your inner light is a reminder of your strength and resilience.” ― Maya Angelou
151. “Your purpose is like a lighthouse, guiding you through the stormy seas of life, and leading you to safe harbor.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
152. “The light of knowledge dispels the clouds of ignorance, revealing the vast universe of possibilities.” ― Stephen Hawking
153. “In the garden of your soul, tend to the flame of your passions, for it is the light that fuels your dreams.” ― Audrey Hepburn
154. “Every challenge is an opportunity to shine; adversity cannot extinguish the brilliance of your spirit.” ― Bill Gates
155. “The light of understanding is the key to empathy, allowing you to see the world through the eyes of others.” ― Malala Yousafzai
Light Quotes to Brighten Your Path and Soul
156. “In the tapestry of existence, each life is a thread, and your light weaves a unique pattern that enriches the whole.” ― Desmond Tutu
157. “The light of wisdom is a treasure, acquired through the lessons of life and the willingness to learn.” ― Oprah Winfrey
158. “Your inner light is the compass that guides you on the journey of self-discovery, leading you to your truest self.” ― Nelson Mandela
159. “Let your kindness be a radiant light that brightens the lives of those you touch, leaving a trail of smiles in your wake.” ― Dalai Lama
160. “The light of hope is the spark that ignites change, inspiring you to strive for a brighter tomorrow.” ― Maya Angelou
161. “Your inner light is the melody that harmonizes with the universe, creating a symphony of purpose and meaning.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
162. “The light of love is the most powerful force in the universe; it has the ability to transform lives and heal wounds.” ― Michelle Obama
163. “In the grand theater of life, your inner light is the star of the show, casting its brilliance on the stage of existence.” ― Stephen Hawking
164. “Embrace your unique light, for it is the gift you bring to the world, making it a brighter and more beautiful place.” ― Audrey Hepburn
165. “Your inner light is a masterpiece in progress, a canvas of experiences and choices that paint the portrait of your soul.” ― Bill Gates
166. “It seemed to me that it was possible to translate light, forms, and character using nothing but color, without recourse to values.” ― Pierre Bonnard
167. “I see light at the end of the tunnel.” ― Walt Whitman Rostow
168. “Just as our eyes need light in order to see, our minds need ideas in order to create.” ― Nicolas Malebranche
169. “Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.” ― Ruth Carter Stapleton
170. “Beautiful light is born of darkness, so the faith that springs from conflict is often the strongest and the best.” ― Ross Turnbull
171. “Light for every darkness, life in death, the promise of our Lord’s return, and the assurance of everlasting glory.” ― Dwight L. Moody
172. “Find your way with the certain and gentle light of forgiveness.” ― Mary Anne Radmacher
173. “When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.” ― Tecumseh
174. “In order to cause a shadow to disappear, you must shine light on it.” ― Shakti Gawain
Which were your favorite light quotes?
No matter what challenges might come our way, it’s upon us to find the light within and live a purposeful life.
Life will not always be straightforward.
But when you stand firm in your light, nothing will stop you from manifesting who you truly are.
Hopefully, these light quotes have inspired and brought you some new insights.
So what are you waiting for?
Let your light shine!
Did you enjoy these light quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
Also, feel free to share with your friends and family.