Enjoy these Thelma and Louise quotes from the one-of-a-kind film.
Thelma and Louise was believed to be an unlikely movie to become a classic.
However, it gained wild popularity and even people who have never watched the film know the name and the basic concept of how the movie ends.
If you happen to have never seen it, it’s a film about two friends who go on a road trip.
They face unforeseen situations and end up doing things they didn’t plan on doing.
This leads them down a dangerous road that eventually leads to an unusual ending.
Enjoy these Thelma and Louise quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these Carrie Bradshaw quotes from the fashionista herself.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Thelma and Louise quotes about life and wisdom
1. “You get what you settle for.” ― Louis
2. “The law is some tricky shit, isn’t it?” ― Thelma
3. “I don’t ever remember feeling this awake.” ― Thelma
4. “Brains will only get you so far and luck always runs out.” ― Hal
5. “Now if nobody loses their head, nobody will lose their head.” ― Thelma
6. “You’ve always been crazy, this is just the first chance you’ve had to express yourself.” ― Louise
7. “Something’s, like, crossed over in me and I can’t go back. I mean I just couldn’t live.” ― Thelma
8. “I’ve always believed if done properly armed robbery doesn’t have to be a totally unpleasant experience.” ― J.D.
9. “What’re we gonna say about the robbery? There’s no excuse for that. There’s no such thing as justifiable robbery.” ― Louise
10. “You know, certain words and phrases just keep drifting through my mind. Things like, incarceration, cavity search, death by electrocution, life imprisonment, shit like that. You know what I’m sayin’? So do I want to come out alive? I don’t know.” ― Louise
Thelma and Louise quotes about reality
11. “We don’t have a whole lotta choice, do we?” ― Max
12. “You’re gettin’ in deeper every moment you’re gone.” ― Hal
13. “In the future, when a woman is crying like that, she isn’t having any fun.” ― Louise
14. “We’d still get in trouble, we’d still have our lives ruined. You know what else?” ― Thelma
15. “You shoot off a guy’s head with his pants down, believe me, Texas ain’t the place you want to get caught.” ― Louise
16. “I always thought the worst thing that could happen would be to end up old and alone in some crummy apartment with one of those little dogs.” ― Louise
17. “Don’t be fooled, he’s no different than any other guy. He knows how to chase and that’s it. Once he’s caught you, he don’t know what to do. So he runs away.” ― Louise
Thelma and Louise quotes about hope, choices, and freedom
18. “You’re not gonna give up on me, are ya?” ― Thelma
19. “Everything that we got to lose is gone anyway.” ― Thelma
20. “We’re running for our lives; cant you make an exception?” ― Thelma
21. “You care more about that car than you do about most people.” ― Thelma
22. “What’d you do, take some kinda pill that makes you say all the right stuff?” ― Louise
23. “Funny how so many people wanna buy carpet on a Friday night. You’d almost think they’s want to forget about it for the weekend.” ― Thelma
24. “You said you and me was gonna get outta town and, for once, just really let our hair down. Well, darlin’, look out, ‘cause my hair is comin’ down!” ― Thelma
25. “I feel really awake. I don’t recall ever feeling this awake. You know? Everything looks different now. You feel like that? You feel like you got something to live for now?” ― Thelma
Which of these Thelma and Louise quotes is your favorite?
The film gained popularity quickly and was nominated for many awards.
The two main actresses, Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis were both nominated for Best Actress, which is almost unheard of.
It has become a classic feminist film and has influenced other works and films since its premiere.
Interestingly enough, the leading ladies weren’t originally chosen for the role.
There were actually two other sets of actresses—Michelle Pfeiffer and Jodie Foster along with Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn—who were originally cast in the roles.
It didn’t end up working out for either set, which led to Sarandon and Davis eventually winning the spots.
If this is a film that you’ve never seen, you will enjoy watching it.
If it’s an old favorite in your house, it might be time to break it out and enjoy it again.
Did you enjoy reading these Thelma and Louise quotes and lines?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST