Jabba the Hutt quotes to get you in the Star Wars mood!
Jabba the Hutt was a recurring character in the Star Wars movies. Most people probably remember him for his physical characteristics.
He looked somewhat like a giant slug, but don’t let that fool you. Jabba was one of the biggest gangsters in the galaxy.
Actually, the first time we meet Jabba the Hutt, he is mad at another one of our Star Wars legends, Han Solo.
We see that Jabba is the boss and Han Solo is one of his many smugglers. That is a glimpse into his power. As we learn later, don’t cross Jabba the Hutt.
Jabba the Hutt quotes about Han Solo
1. “Solo was the best. I even find myself missing the fellow.” – Jabba the Hutt
2. “I will not give up my favorite decoration. I like Captain Solo where he is.” – Jabba the Hutt
3. “This Bounty Hunter is my kind of scum, fearless and inventive.” – Jabba the Hutt
4. “Solo, come out of there, Solo!” – Jabba the Hutt
5. “Han, my boy, you’re the best smuggler I ever hired.” – Jabba the Hutt
6. “It’s too late for that Solo. You may have been a good smuggler but now you’re bantha fodder.” – Jabba the Hutt
7. “Han, my boy, you disappoint me. Why haven’t you paid me? And why did you fry poor Greedo?” – Jabba the Hutt
8. “Han, I can’t make exceptions. What if everyone who smuggled for me dropped their cargo at the first sign of an Imperial starship? It’s not good for business.” – Jabba the Hutt
9. “But if you fail me again, I’ll put a price on your head so big, you won’t be able to go near a civilized system.” – Jabba the Hutt
Jabba the Hutt quotes about Jedi
10. “You weak-minded fool! He’s using an old Jedi mind trick.” – Jabba the Hutt
11. “Your mind powers will not work on me, boy.” – Jabba the Hutt
12. “There will be no bargain, my young Jedi. I shall enjoy watching you die.” – Jabba the Hutt
Quotes about Jabba the Hutt
13. “Jabba the Hutt was one of the galaxy’s most powerful gangsters, with far-reaching influence in both politics and the criminal underworld. There were no second chances with Jabba, something Han Solo would find out — though the slug-like alien would ultimately fall victim to his own hubris and vengeful ways.” – starwars.com
14. “Jabba the Hutt was first mentioned in 1977’s Star Wars when Han Solo said he needed money to pay the gangster.” – cbr.com
15. “In Return of the Jedi, Jabba is portrayed by a one-ton puppet that took three months and half a million dollars to construct. While filming the movie, the puppet had its own makeup artist.” – comicbookandbeyond.com
16. “Jabba often promises to eat people, but it’s not an idle threat. In 1995, Jabba the Hutt: The Dynasty Trap (Jim Woodring, Art Wetherell) had Jabba imprisoned for killing Rusk Nuum, which his sister Norba Nuum had secretly bargained for him to do. When she came down to his cell and offered to free him, Jabba pulled her through the cell door and ate her alive instead as payback.” – cbr.com
17. “Jabba Desilijic Tiure, or simply Jabba the Hutt. Jabba is of the Hutt race and like most of his species, a gangster. Hutts are a large slug-like race with thick leathery skin, human-like arms, large black cat-like eyes, and a wide mouth.” – urbandictionary.com
More Jabba the Hutt quotes
18. “Bring me Solo and the Wookiee. They will all suffer for this outrage!” – Jabba the Hutt
19. “But, in the meantime, I shall thoroughly enjoy the pleasure of your company Leia.” – Jabba the Hutt
20. “Move him into position. Put him in!” – Jabba the Hutt
21. “I shall reward each of you greatly. One of you shall become my new majordomo, my right-hand man to assist me and to run the palace while I’m away. The other… shall have an even greater reward, one that history will remember.” – Jabba the Hutt
22. “You will soon learn to appreciate me.” – Jabba the Hutt
23. “You have stolen something very valuable from me so I, in turn, have taken everything from you.” – Jabba the Hutt
24. “At last we have the mighty Chewbacca.” – Jabba the Hutt
25. “You shall be the first victim I feed to my rancor. I will watch your struggles and remember them for all time.” – Jabba the Hutt
More Jabba the Hutt quotes
26. “I told you not to admit him.” – Jabba the Hutt
27. “I am surprised. Usually, academics are too dry to be funny, or even digestible. I know, I’ll never forget a taste.”- Jabba the Hutt
28. “Ah, this one smells familiar! The scent reminds me of a beautiful Cerean slave—and the thief who stole her from me! Usually, I would avenge such transgressions.”- Jabba the Hutt
29. “However, since I did not actually observe this thief, I cannot be certain of his true identity! Do you see my meaning, Jedi?” – Jabba the Hutt
30. “Here’s a little something for your trouble, heh heh heh.”- Jabba the Hutt
31. “I do not deal with such scum!” – Jabba the Hutt
32. “Is the reward not satisfactory?” – Jabba the Hutt
33. “I have no wish to get mixed up in this outlander war, Jedi.” – Jabba the Hutt
34. “Smuggling’s one thing, but this is too risky!” – Jabba the Hutt
35. “I want an incredible battle.” – Jabba the Hutt
Which of these Jabba the Hutt quotes is your favorite?
One of the signs of a classic character is that they leave you wanting more and that they make a big impact in a limited time.
Jabba the Hutt did both of these things. We knew he was a crime kingpin and that as one of his many smugglers, Han Solo was in debt to Jabba.
During the movie “Return of the Jedi”, we get a glimpse of Jabba the Hutt’s palace. You can see that he is well off. He has female companions, entertainment, and music playing.
Although he meets his demise shortly after that, it leaves us wondering just how vast Jabba’s empire was.
He even had enough money or power to have a Mandalorian capture Han Solo. Hopefully, at some point, Jabba’s complete story will be told so we can all see how his empire came to be.
Did you enjoy these Jabba the Hutt quotes and lines? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comments section below.
March 15, 2022 7:00 AM EST