Labyrinth Quotes From the Movie
January 2, 2023 7:19 AM EST
For every Jim Henson fan, you will love these Labyrinth quotes!
Jim Henson directed the musical fantasy in 1986 and included many of his puppets created in the Jim Henson Creature Shop.
Starring Jennifer Connely and David Bowie, this movie cost $25 million to make but disappointed at the box office by only bringing in $12.9 million in the US and $34 million worldwide.
These disappointing returns and reviews hit Jim Henson hard, and this would be the last movie he directed.
While Labyrinth performed poorly in theaters, it has gathered a cult following over the years and has been looked at differently by critics.
In fact, multiple sequels have been made due to the following of the original film.
Take a look at the Labyrinth quotes below and see if you recognize any.
Memorable Labyrinth quotes
Check out these quotes that you will remember from the movie!
1. “Give me the child.” — Sarah
2. “Turn back, Sarah.” — Jareth
3. “You remind me of the babe…” — Jareth
4. “It’s only forever, not long at all.” — Goblin King
5. “Do as I say, and I shall be your slave.” — Jareth
6. “How you turn my world, you precious thing.” — Jareth
7. “What do you mean ‘help’? We’re helping hands.” — Hand 1
8. “Live without your sunlight, love without your heartbeat.” — Jareth
9. “Wherever you may be, take this child of mine far away from me!” — Sarah
10. “I have reordered time. I have turned the world upside down…” — Goblin King
Intense Labyrinth quotes
These quotes are from the most intense moments of the movie.
11. “Tell me, Sarah, what do you think of my labyrinth?” — Jareth
12. “And Hoggle, if she ever kisses you, I’ll turn you into a prince.” — Jareth
13. “Everything I’ve done, I’ve done for you. I move the stars for no one.” — Jareth
14. “You don’t by any chance know the way through this labyrinth, do you?” — Sarah
15. “So, my labyrinth’s a piece of cake? Well then let’s see how you deal with this little slice.” — Jareth
16. “I have sworn with my life’s blood, none shall pass this way without my permission!” — Didymus
17. “Sarah, go back to your room. Play with your toys and your costumes. Forget about the baby.” — Jareth
18. “How can I trust you now that you know you were taking me back to the beginning of the labyrinth?” — Sarah
19. “You have 13 hours in which to solve the labyrinth before your baby brother becomes one of us―forever.” — Jareth
20. “I need you, Hoggle. I don’t know why, but every now and again, for no reason at all, I need you, all of you.” — Sarah
Have you seen Labyrinth?
While Labyrinth was a disappointment during its original release, the cult following that has continued to gather steam over the years means that many people today have seen the movie.
Are you one of the people that have seen the movie?
Did the Labyrinth quotes and sayings make you want to watch the movie?
Share the quotes with family and friends to see who is part of the Labyrinth cult following!
Please post any comments in the comment section below.