Fans of country music will love these Loretta Lynn quotes!
Loretta Lynn was an award-winning country music singer and songwriter for six decades.
She was born in Butcher Hollow, Kentucky, in 1932 and died in Hurricane Mills, Tennessee, in 2022 at the age of 90.
You might also like these related articles:
The successful musician grew up in the coal mining hills of Kentucky before getting married at the age of 15 and moving to Washington.
She wrote over 160 songs and had 16 number 1 singles and 10 number 1 albums.
Lynn broke many barriers, including becoming the first woman to be named “Entertainer of the Year,” and she won many awards.
Her song “Coal Miner’s Daughter” was named one of the “100 Most Significant Songs of the 20th Century” by NPR.
Take a look at these Loretta Lynn quotes to learn more about this legendary musician.
Best Loretta Lynn Quotes
Enjoy some of the best quotes from the famous country music singer.
1. “The main thing about this life is love.” — Loretta Lynn
2. “I ain’t got much education, but I got some sense.” — Loretta Lynn
3. “Really, I don’t know what I’d do with myself if I retire. Wash dishes?” — Loretta Lynn
4. “When something is bothering me, I write a song that tells my feelings.” — Loretta Lynn
5. “I’ve been around a long time, and life still has a whole lot of surprises for me.” — Loretta Lynn
6. “The night I announced I was getting married, Daddy paced for hours on the porch.” — Loretta Lynn
7. “You’ve got to continue to grow, or you’re just like last night’s cornbread – stale and dry.” — Loretta Lynn
8. “The country is making a big mistake not teaching kids to cook and raise a garden and build fires.” — Loretta Lynn
9. “I loved being outside. We’d hold lightning bugs in our fingers and pretend they were diamond rings.” — Loretta Lynn
10. “There’s more women stars in Nashville all the time. They’re proving they can do the job the same as a man.” — Loretta Lynn
Loretta Lynn Quotes From Her Songs
Check out these lyrics from a few of Lynn’s biggest hits.
11. “And love is the foundation we lean on.” — Loretta Lynn
12. “If you’re looking at me, you’re looking at country.” — Loretta Lynn
13. “We were poor, but we had love. That’s the one thing that daddy made sure of.” — Loretta Lynn
14. “Come on and tell me what you told my friends if you think you’re brave enough.” — Loretta Lynn
15. “Well, I was borned a coal miner’s daughter, in a cabin, on a hill in Butcher Holler.” — Loretta Lynn
16. “It’ll be over my dead body, so get out while you can / ’cause you ain’t woman enough to take my man.” — Loretta Lynn
17. “No one will ever know how much I love you so. My only prayer will be some day you’ll care for me, but it’s only make-believe.” — Loretta Lynn
Inspirational Loretta Lynn Quotes
Through her music, words, and actions, Loretta Lynn was an inspiration to many people.
18. “How do you measure your value?” — Loretta Lynn
19. “I want more out of life than I’ve gotten.” — Loretta Lynn
20. “I refuse to be pushed around anymore.” — Loretta Lynn
21. “You either have to be first, best, or different.” — Loretta Lynn
22. “Write about the truth. If you write about the truth, somebody’s living that.” — Loretta Lynn
23. “I couldn’t have done it on my own. I thank God every day for what I have.” — Loretta Lynn
24. “I’m not a big fan of Women’s Liberation, but maybe it will help women stand up for the respect they’re due.” — Loretta Lynn
25. “It’s really rough, but there are two things that never change — love and the No. 1 best-seller book, and that’s the Bible.” — Loretta Lynn
Loretta Lynn’s Personal Life
Lynn married Oliver Lynn in 1926 when she was only 15 years old, and they stayed married until his death in 1996.
The Lynn’s had six children and Loretta owned a ranch in Hurricane Mills, TN, that has been called the “7th largest attraction in Tennessee”.
She passed away in her sleep at the age of 90 at her ranch.
Please share these Loretta Lynn quotes with others by clicking the share button!