Flamingo Quotes About the Bright Pink Bird
February 5, 2023 8:00 AM EST
The flamingo is an amazing bird and if you are looking to learn more, these flamingo quotes are the right spot!
Flamingo―bird, band, hotel and casino? Technically, it is all three!
There are a few flamingo quotes that are not about the bird sprinkled in just for fun.
There are four types of four flamingo species in the Americas and two species in Afro-Asia.
The Greater flamingo (Phoenicopterus roseus) and the Lesser flamingo (Phoeniconaias minor) hail from the Afro-Asia area.
Conversely, the Chilean flamingo (Phoenicopterus chilensis), James’s flamingo (Phoenicoparrus jamesi), Andean flamingo (Phoenicoparrus andinus), and the American flamingo (Phoenicopterus ruber) are from the Americas.
Flamingos, as most people know, are pink.
You might also know they frequently stand on one leg, with the other tucked underneath their body.
Scientists don’t know exactly why they do this, but they have a few theories.
One theory is that the action allows the birds to conserve more body heat, since they spend a lot of time wading in cold water.
However, they also do it when they are in warm water.
Another theory is that standing on one leg reduces the energy expenditure for producing muscular effort to stand and balance on one leg.
Flamingos may also stamp their webbed feet in the mud to disturb their food sources and easily catch them.
Keep reading through these flamingo quotes to learn more!
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Flamingo quotes that make perfect Instagram captions
Take these quotes and match them with a photo and you will have a great Instagram post! Which of the quotes would you use for a social media post?
1. “I’m feelin’ pretty in pink.” ― Anonymous
You will also enjoy our article on bird quotes.
2. “Stand tall and be brilliant.” ― Anonymous
You will also enjoy our article on Pink quotes.
3. “Stand tall and flamingo for it.” ― Anonymous
You will also enjoy our article on swan quotes.
4. “Embracing my inner flamingo.” ― Anonymous
5. “Single and ready to flamingle.” ― Anonymous
6. “Whatever floats your flamingos.” ― Anonymous
7. “Flamingo. Flamingoing. Flamingone.” ― Anonymous
8. “I’m not just a flamingo, I’m a glamingo.” ― Anonymous
9. “Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons.” ― Savannah Larsen
10. “Beach please, I’m hanging out with my flamingos.” ― Anonymous
Short flamingo quotes
Take a look at these quick, short flamingo quotes. Have you heard any of these quotes previously?
11. “Best fabulous flamingo friends forever.” ― Aisha Cat
12. “I don’t suppose I can wear the flamingo tie.” ― John Green
13. “We’re not flamingo nuts, but we are flamingo crazy.” ― Marian Woods
14. “I put my foot in the air for a while, ayo song, I’m a flamingo.” ― Anonymous
15. “You can be my flamingo, because pink is the new kind of lingo.” ― Aerosmith
16. “He didn’t look like a soldier at all. He looked like a filthy flamingo.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
17. “Be a flamingo—stay balanced, stand by your flock, and always be brilliant.” ― Anonymous
Flamingo quotes from and about Alice in Wonderland
Check out these flamingo quotes from the famous movie Alice in Wonderland. Do you remember any of these quotes from the movie?
18. “The chief difficulty Alice found at first was in managing her flamingo.” ― Lewis Carroll
19. “I’m doubtful about the temper of your flamingo. Shall I try the experiment?” ― Lewis Carrol
20. “She is pure Alice in Wonderland, and her appearance and demeanor are a nicely judged mix of the Red Queen and a Flamingo.” ― Truman Capote
21. “A curse on this game. I shall call myself Alice and play croquet with the flamingos. In Wonderland everyone cheats and love is Wonderland, isn’t it?” ― Jeanette Winterson
More flamingo quotes to ponder
Here are some more flamingo quotes for you to enjoy. Check out the quotes below.
22. “My catholic education stuck with me. It caused the rage I had to make ‘Pink Flamingos.” ― John Waters
23. “A flamingo is a pink giraffe bird. That’s pretty exotic until you consider that a Pekin duck is the Amelia Earhart of avians.” ― Jarod Kintz
24. “I feel, these days, like a very large flamingo. No matter what way I turn, there is always a very large bill.” ― Joseph O’Connor
25. “Spain travel tip—if bathroom genders are indicated by flamingos, the boy flamingo is the one with a hat. I learned this the hard way.” ― Dave Barry
26. “What the flamingo teaches a child, at that subliminal level where animal encounters work, is that gravity is not just a limitation, but also a possible partner in an intriguing, potentially joyful game.” ― John Burnside
27. “A flock of flirting flamingos is pure, passionate, pink pandemonium—a frenetic flamingle-mangle-a discordant discotheque of delirious dancing, flamboyant feathers, and flamingo lingo.” ― Charley Harper
28. “‘Flamingo’ wasn’t just me dipping my toes in the water. I really loved it. It was successful, and that helps, but I love those songs, and I miss singing them.” ― Brandon Flowers
Flamingo for A Symbol of Grace and Beauty
29. “A flamingo raises one leg because it is thinking about tomorrow.” ― Martin H. Fischer
30. “The flamingo is a great symbol of grace and balance, reminding us to stand tall and proud.” ― Alexandra Stoddard
31. “The flamingo stands on one leg, defying balance, and yet they stand with such grace and poise.” ― Oprah Winfrey
32. “Flamingos embody the idea that beauty can come from unexpected places.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
33. “The flamingo reminds us to rise above the ordinary and embrace our individuality.” ― Maya Angelou
34. “Flamingos have a unique and bold beauty that inspires us to be true to ourselves.” ― Diane von Furstenberg
35. “The flamingo is a symbol of the beauty that can be found in differences.” ― Malala Yousafzai
36. “Flamingos show us that standing out from the crowd can be a beautiful thing.” ― Albert Einstein
37. “Flamingos are a reminder that even the most unconventional can be beautiful.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
38. “The flamingo symbolizes the courage to be different and embrace our unique qualities.” ― Richard Branson
Interesting flamingo facts
Flamingos eat algae, small seeds, tiny crustaceans (like brine shrimp), fly larvae, and other plants and animals.
You might have heard that flamingos are pink because they eat shrimp.
However, both flamingos and shrimp are actually pink because both species eat algae that contains carotenoid pigments.
A group of flamingos is known as a ‘flamboyance’ which accurately suits the strange pink birds!
The flamingo gets its name from the Spanish word flamenco, which means flame.
This is a fitting name due to their bright pink feathers.
Contrary to popular conceptions, a flamingo’s knees do not bend backwards.
They bend the same way a human’s knees do. The thing most people think of as a flamingo’s knee is actually the ankle joint!
The knee is located higher up on the leg, hidden by the body and feathers!
Do you or your friends have any other interesting flamingo quotes or facts to share?
You can use the comment section below to impart your flamingo wisdom with us!