Keep digging and building with our awesome Minecraft quotes.
If you have never heard of Minecraft, that is okay; it is only the top-selling video game of all time.
What is Minecraft?
Minecraft is a video game created by Swedish programmer Markus ‘Notch’ Persson.
The game can be played in various modes: Creative, Adventure and Survival.
The different modes give the game a depth of replay value that other games do not have.
Check out these interesting facts about Minecraft below:
- Minecraft has been taught at schools in Sweden.
- One day in Minecraft is twenty minutes in real-time.
- Minecraft is the biggest-selling video game of all time.
What is the point of Minecraft?
The objective of Minecraft is to give the player unlimited opportunities to create.
Unlike other video games with mission-based goals, Minecraft allows players to design, build, explore, and survive on their own terms.
Sometimes this is a challenge for older generations who are used to objective-based games to wrap their heads around.
Many adults may scoff and say, “What is the point of playing Minecraft?”
Well, plenty of people seem to get the point of Minecraft.
Minecraft is the top-grossing and highest-selling video game of all time.
Minecraft has sold over two hundred and thirty-eight million copies with one hundred and fort million active monthly subscribers.
It is so popular that it has been ported to several video game platforms.
That is right, Minecraft outsells every other game ever created.
Video games can teach valuable lessons
Minecraft is so dynamic that it has even been used in the academic world.
There is a school in Sweden called the Viktor Rydberg Secondary School that introduced Minecraft as a mandatory part of its curriculum in 2013.
The teachers chose the game because students love it, but it also teaches valuable lessons about civil engineering, environmental issues, completing projects, and planning for the future.
If you want more fantastic content check out our Minecraft quotes below.
Check out our collection of video game quotes if you enjoy this article.
Fun Minecraft quotes from Max Brook’s Minecraft: The Island about life and courage
Here are some quotes from Minecraft: The Island, a novel by Max Brooks that people all over the world enjoy.
1. “Keep focused! Keep going!” ― Max Brooks, Minecraft: The Island
2. “Great risks come with great rewards.” ― Max Brooks, Minecraft: The Island
3. “Worry rose up on a bubble of realization.” ― Max Brooks, Minecraft: The Island
4. “You may ask yourself, Well, how did I get here?” ― Max Brooks, Minecraft: The Island:
5. “The other?” I tried using the new whatchamacallit” ― Max Brooks, Minecraft: The Island
6. “It’s not failure that matters, but how you recover from it.” ― Max Brooks, Minecraft: The Island
7. “They also wouldn’t let me climb the waist—thick trunk up to the square bunches of small,” ― Max Brooks, Minecraft: The Island
8. “Shuffle. “I told myself that I had to figure out all the rules of this world, but I get now that I’ve gotta go further.” ― Max Brooks, Minecraft: The Island
9. “I hope what I’ve learned helps you find your way. Most of all, I hope you’ve learned that in this world of mines and crafting, the most important thing you can craft is you.” ― Max Brooks, Minecraft: The Island
10. “I struggled so hard for a goal without realizing that the goal is the struggle. It’s what makes me stronger, smarter, and better. Growth doesn’t come from a comfort zone, but from leaving it.” ― Max Brooks, Minecraft: The Island
You will also enjoy our article on Zelda quotes.
Minecraft quotes about being a hero and building a universe
Minecraft is so popular because anything is possible within the game; these quotes celebrate that idea.
11. “Nerds are awesome.” — Aureylian, Minecraft
12. “Talking is what I do best!” — Jesse, Minecraft
13. “This isn’t about the past! It’s about the future!” — Ivor, Minecraft
14. “But if that’s the case, it means we win at being losers.” — Jesse, Minecraft
15. “I never wanted to be a hero, but I’m willing to do the heroic thing.” — Jesse, Minecraft
16. “If at first, you don’t succeed, succeed later than originally planned.” — Petra, Minecraft
17. “I would wish you good luck, but luck won’t carry you through the Nether.” — Ivor, Minecraft
18. “What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.” — Arieken, Minecraft
19. “Better is relative. If I just sit here and don’t move or breathe, it’s almost bearable. — Petra, Minecraft
20. “This thing is doing everything it can to protect it, and that means that I have to do everything I can to destroy it!” — Jesse, Minecraft
Minecraft quotes from memorable characters about success, building, and luck
Minecraft has taken the world by storm, here are some of the most memorable quotes.
21. “No! No! Not a creeper!” — Steve, Minecraft
22. “You still haven’t earned my trust.” — Katelyn, Minecraft
23. “The portal has somebody I care for inside.” — Aphmau, Minecraft
24. “Cats really give me the creeps. No offense, Stampy.” — Petra, Minecraft
25. “Oh, I don’t run so good anymore. Bad, eh, bad knees.” — Ivor, Minecraft
26. “I wasn’t complaining. I was stating a fact in a frustrated tone.” — Petra, Minecraft
27. “Ah, never say the word poke to a swordsman, even in a jest.” — Gabriel, Minecraft
28. “The aim of the game is not to mine, or to craft, but to run from creepers.” — Arieken, Minecraft
29. “But what I do know is there is more to Aphmau than I thought.” — Aaron, Minecraft
30. “That sure is a nice house you got there…It would be a shame if anything were to happen to it.” — Creeper, Minecraft
Minecraft quotes about gaming and winning at life
In life, we win, and we lose, but no matter the outcome, we have to keep digging and keep going, just like in Minecraft.
31. “You know you fail at Minecraft when you think dirt is useless.” — Zisteau
32. “When I am successful at Minecraft, it feels like I am winning at life.” — Anonymous
33. “Hey! Know how you’ve been bugging me to play Minecraft for the past year? I’m game.” — xkcd #861: Wisdom Teeth
34. “My generation loves Minecraft, and older generations just don’t understand it, but that is okay.” — Merrick Flores
35. “Markus “Notch” Persson created a finer world than God himself because, on average more people enjoy their time in Minecraft.” — Luke McKinney, Cracked
36. “If you did not grow up playing games like Minecraft, you just may never understand it. The goal of Minecraft is to keep building, so that is what we do.” — Anonymous
37. “Created by Swedish video game programmer and apparent right—angle enthusiast Markus Persson, Minecraft is an open—source platform game that has become the most popular video game in the universe among small children.” — Drew Magary
38. “Minecraft is an independent game that became very famous among gamers all over the world, and not for its graphics and impressive effects, but for its simple graphic engine and for the fact that everything is made out of cubes.” — Anthony Smith, Rocky Bytes
39. “Recently, Minecraft’s parent company was purchased by Microsoft for $2.5 billion. That’s two and a half billion dollars for one video game. I’ve gotten my life all wrong. This guy wasn’t even looking for a payday. He just liked building digital log cabins, as Swedes are wont to do.” — Drew Magary
40. “Minecraft is the first’ sandbox game’ that actually lets you dig up sand at the beach, build a giant sandbox, build a sandcastle in it, smelt the sand into glass with a furnace you built yourself, rebuild it into a giant glass pyramid with a moat of lava, and then blow it all up with TNT while riding a pig.” — VG Chartz
Cute Minecraft quotes for gamers about inspiration and goals
These quotes from Minecraft characters remind us to keep going on our journey.
41. “Never dig straight. Down. Or up.” — Steve, Minecraft
42. “How about a lecture on the power of my fists? It’s short. But deadly.” — Petra, Minecraft
43. “Good luck! Make sure to call me on my cellphone late at night when you need my notes.” — Travis, Minecraft
44. “For the right price, I’ll help anyone. If you need anything, you know where to find me.” — Petra, Minecraft
45. “Sometimes I don’t want to be Soren. Actually, most of the time, I wanna be anything but me. Maybe a donkey?” — Soren, Minecraft
46. “I love you, I am a knight of Shadows, and you are the light in my darkness. Please don’t leave me.” — Laurence, Minecraft
47. “I don’t know when; I don’t know how; but someday, far in the future, when you’re least expecting it, we will get our revenge.” — Jesse, Minecraft
48. “It’s ever so rare I see a maiden as beautiful as you. You’re like a pearl that has just fallen from the lost city of Atlantis.” — Laurence, Minecraft
49. “Should you be nervous? Given your personality, life experience, and everything else you’ve done to make it to this moment? Yes.” — Petra, Minecraft
50. “My love! We meet again! I knew as soon as I gazed down unto the Earth that I had to stop and behold the angel that fell from Heaven that is you.” — Laurence, Minecraft
What is a sandbox game?
If you have never heard of the term sandbox game, let us help explain what they are.
A sandbox game is a video game with elements that give the players freedom to create.
Unlike conventional video games from the past, sandbox games do not have a predetermined goal.
In fact, the player can determine their goals during gameplay.
Nobody would have ever guessed that Minecraft would have such a successful run.
Minecraft has become a cultural icon with which people from all over the planet identify.
Few games compare to it in terms of sales and subscriptions.
The main game and all the spin-offs it created are more popular than ever.
Minecraft is not just popular, but it is also critically acclaimed.
Many acclaimed reviewers label Minecraft as one of the most important games of the decade.
Gamers love the freedom Minecraft gives them.
The idea of building, customizing, and constructing complex worlds speaks to people.
Minecraft has managed to find the perfect balance of adventure and sandbox game.
What do you love about Minecraft?
Do you have any other favorite Minecraft quotes to add?
Please, be sure to let us know in the comments below.