The following hunting quotes do a good job of showing the passion and appreciation that hunters have for the sport and the animal.
Are you ready to head out in nature?
True hunters and outdoorsmen love getting out in nature. They are passionate about nature and wildlife.
Those that aren’t hunters often think it’s just about killing the animal, but as these quotes explain, true hunters have respect for the animal and a focus on following the laws and helping to control the population.
They take what they are doing seriously while looking forward to being outdoors with a chance to connect with nature.
There are many reasons why hunters enjoy and invest time and money into what they do.
Hunting quotes about the outdoors
1. “Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.” – Fred Bear
2. “A duck call in the hands of the unskilled is one of the conservation’s greatest assets.” – Nash Buckingham
3. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
4. “A gun is like a woman, son — it’s all how you hold her.” – Rhett Atkins
Quotes about hunting techniques
5. “You must not only aim right but draw the bow with all your might.” – Henry David Thoreau
6. “Fortunately, as it pertains to guns, my dad and uncle introduced me to guns the way it needs to be done: smart, slow and safe.”— Ted Nugent
7. “If we act like prey, they’ll act like predators”― Alyxandra Harvey
8. “The hunting partnership between man and dog developed thousands of years ago and from it came a deep bond of affection. I suspect it was the dog’s idea.” – Aaron Fraser
9. “You not only are hunted by others, you unknowingly hunt yourself.”― Dejan Stojanovic
10. “When done under the rules of good sportsmanship duck hunting is a culmination of art, skill, and scientific endeavor. It is also an act of love, for who loves the birds more than the hunter?” – Bob Hinnan
11. “If there is a sacred moment in the ethical pursuit of game, it is the moment you release the arrow or touch off the fatal shot.” – Jim Posewitz
12. “When he was young, I told Dale Jr. that hunting and racing are a lot alike. Holding that steering wheel and holding that rifle both mean you better be responsible.” — Dale Earnhardt
13. “You know, if you need 100 rounds to kill a deer, maybe hunting isn’t your sport.” – Elayne Boosler
14. “A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Hunting quotes about wildlife
15. “Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will.” – Theodore Roosevelt
16. “The truth is… I’m always saddened when I kill an animal. It’s not remorse I feel, I know why I’m a hunter. It’s out of respect.” – Donnie Vincent
17. “A lioness will use all of her strength even when hunting a rabbit.”― Kazuki Nakashima
18. “Lions are neither predators nor killers. They just go for hunting like kings; because they are the kings!”― Munia Khan
19. “You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” — Robert Ruark
20. “I will always look for what my eyes cain’t see.”― Jessica Marie Baumgartner
21. “A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children.” – John James Audubon
22. “To track prey, you must first know it as you would a brother.”― Michelle Paver
Hunting quotes about the excitement it brings
23. “Don’t get much better than fall. Bring on the camo, ammo, ducks, and bucks.” – Earl Dibbles, Jr.
24. “’The best thing about hunting and fishing,’ the Old Man said, ‘is that you don’t have to actually do it to enjoy it. You can go to bed every night thinking about how much fun you had twenty years ago, and it all comes back clear as moonlight.’” — Robert Ruark
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of fishing quotes that will make you want to head out on the water.
25. “If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the gods must clearly smile on hunting.” – Aristotle
26. “When a hunter is in a treestand with moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God.” – Fred Bear
Hunting quotes on why people love the sport
27. “Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.” – Fred Bear
28. “The week leading into spring marks the start of the hunt.”― A.D. Aliwat
29. “I’m an outdoors girl – I like to go fishing, riding four-wheelers and hunting.” – Miranda Lambert
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of outdoor quotes for adventurous nature lovers.
30. “Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.” — Ernest Hemingway
31. “If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” – Fred Bear
More hunting quotes
32. “You can see the true heart of a man when you’re out in the woods with a weapon.” – Jase Robertson
33. “A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than that of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact.” – Aldo Leopold
34. “I never knew a man that hunted quail that didn’t come out of it a little politer by comparison.” — Robert Ruark
35. “I am hunting you down with your research techniques.”― Steven Magee
36. “I don’t always tell people where I hunt, but when I do, it’s a lie.” – Dos Equis
37. “Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians — except for the occasional mountain lion steak.” — Ted Nugent
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of vegan quotes to inspire your new diet.
38. “The only reason I ever played golf in the first place was so I could afford to hunt and fish.” — Sam Snead
39. “The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind.” – Fred Bear
40. “My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell my hunting gear for what I said I paid for it.” – Unknown
Hunting quotes that will make you want to get outside
41. “…hunting and fishing makes you fall in love with the natural world. This is why hunters so often give back by contributing to conservation.” – Donald Trump, Jr
42. “For people who grew up hunting, especially war veterans, shooting often settled the mind. It was something that required full concentration, and therefore took you away from your troubles, at least for a short time.” – Tara Kyle
43. “I enjoy being with my family and hunting with my children.” – Jerry Jones
44. “I am a country girl. Fishing, hunting, hog hunting.” – Brittney Griner
45. “Hunting is part of a cycle of life that repeats.” – Roberto Baggio
46. “I’m just a southern boy who likes to go mudding in my Jeep, quail hunting, and skeet shooting.” – Will Grier
47. “I actually hated hunting the first time I went when I was a kid. My dad took us deer hunting. We sat there for 30 minutes, and I felt like I was losing my mind. But in college, I fell in love with it. Football became a full-time job, and I needed an escape. I needed something that would mellow me out.” – Carson Wentz
48. “Hunting is religion for me.” – Tom Brokaw
49. “While my dad loved hunting and fishing, he didn’t romanticize them. He was filling the freezer, not intellectualizing some caveman impulse or proving his worth as a real man.” – Steve Albini
50. “I ran around with the other youngsters, hunting, fishing and raising tadpoles and all the rest.” – DeForest Kelley
The lifestyle of hunting quotes
51. “Hunting forces a person to endure, to master themselves, even to truly get to know the wild environment.” -Donald Trump, Jr.
52. “Do you know what I love about hunting? That I am no one in the woods, no one at all.” -Zlatan Ibrahimovic
53. “Hunting is alive and well, and so it should be.” -Andrea Leadsom
54. “The two biggest things that translate from the pitching mound to hunting and fishing are patience and perseverance.” -Jon Lester
55. “But I loved being outdoors. I built tree stands and ground blinds in the woods and pretended that I was hunting.” -Jim Kelly
56. “There’s an absolute surety to the hands-on conservation lifestyle of hunting, fishing and trapping where you know you’re going to consume today.” -Ted Nugent
57. “I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don’t apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing.” -Normon Schwarzkopf
58. “It’s fascinating to go somewhere where you’re away from everything. There are no houses, no buildings, no roads, no people. And for a little less extreme hunting, any place in the West – Colorado, Utah, Montana – that’s just beautiful country.” -Shawn Michaels
59. “I know he wanted me to love fishing and hunting, and I believe that he deliberately set about to make me want to do it on my own initiative.” -Jack Hemingway
60. “I am happy now, to recall that I was not only his son but his companion, and whenever there was a hunting expedition or any other pleasure, I was always with him.” -John Philip Sousa
Hunting Quotes to help you become a High-Skilled Hunter
61. “The perils of duck hunting are great – especially for the duck.” – Walter Cronkite
62. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
63. “Wild animals never kill for sport. Man is the only one to whom the torture and death of his fellow creatures is amusing in itself.” – James A. Froude
64. “There is a passion for hunting something deeply implanted in the human breast.” – Charles Dickens
65. “When a man wants to murder a tiger he calls it sport; when a tiger wants to murder him he calls it ferocity.” – George Bernard Shaw
66. “Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they’re in the game.” – Paul Rodriguez
67. “Now, therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison.” – King James
68. “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” – Henry David Thoreau
69. “Don’t tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don’t tell them where they know the fish.” – Mark Twain
70. “Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter’s horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club, and then with spear, and then with bow, and then with gun, and finally with formulae.” – Robert Ruark
Which of these hunting quotes inspired you to head out in nature
Reading through the quotes about hunting and nature can be just what you need to want to head outdoors and reconnect with nature.
The woods are peaceful and tranquil and allow hunters the chance to step away from the busyness of modern living.
Hunting allows people to help control the animal population to keep animals from suffering through harsh winters and scarce food.
Hunting is an age-old hobby that people have continued to enjoy and participate in year after year.
If you are feeling disconnected from nature, one way to change that is to get back into the woods and see it for yourself.
Which of these hunting quotes and sayings resonated with you best? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
May 12, 2022 5:31 AM EST