100 Cloud Quotes That Will Make You Look Up
March 14, 2023 5:00 AM EST
As these cloud quotes show, we all have bright and dark days.
It’s easy to take clouds for granted.
They are almost always up in the sky, and we rarely notice them.
But then there are the moments when they command our attention.
Tell us your favorite cloud quote in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
The University of California, Berkeley, conducted a study that found clouds are commonly used as a metaphor for emotions, with dark clouds representing negative feelings and bright clouds representing positive ones.
The use of cloud metaphors in language and culture reflects the universality of cloud imagery and its significance in human perception.
What are the benefits of reading these cloud quotes?
The moments when the dark storm clouds bring in the loud claps of thunder.
Or the moments when the sun sets over the ocean and the clouds are painted with a rainbow of colors.
They are always something to be enjoyed, but we can learn from them too.
Even on the darkest days, we know the clouds hide a blue sky.
There are many lessons we can learn from the clouds, like:
- our inner strength doesn’t leave us when times are tough
- use our imagination at every chance we can
- everyone has a different perception, even when looking at the same thing
Enjoy these cloud quotes and sayings!
Don’t forget to check out these sky quotes to marvel at the world above.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Positive cloud quotes to provide strength
According to a study by the University of Oxford, clouds have played a significant role in the development of meteorology and atmospheric science, highlighting the scientific importance and practical applications of cloud imagery and cloud quotes.
This suggests that cloud quotes can be valuable scientific information and inspiration sources.
1. “No dark cloud can forever prevent the sun from shining!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
You will also enjoy our article on sky quotes.
2. “The sun always shines above the clouds.” – Paul F. Davis
You will also enjoy our article on goodbye quotes.
3. “Clouds suit my mood just fine.” – Marie Lu
You will also enjoy our article on rain quotes.
4. “Try to be a rainbow, in someone else cloud.” – Maya Angelou
You will also enjoy our article on blue quotes.
5. “Don’t forget; beautiful sunset need cloudy skies.” – Paulo Coelho
You will also enjoy our article on farmer quotes.
6. “There’s crack in everything, that’s how lights get in.” – Leonard Cohen
You will also enjoy our article on sunset quotes.
7. “What is eternal is the cloud drifting slowly out of sight.” ― Marty Rubin
You will also enjoy our article on red quotes.
8. “Be comforted, dear soul, there is always light behind clouds” – Louisa May Alcott
You will also enjoy our article on light quotes.
9. “Life is like a cloud; fluffy, beautiful and illusionary.” – Ananya
You will also enjoy our article on black and white quotes.
10. “When very thing is going write in your life, even the dark cloud looks beautiful.” – Nikita
You will also enjoy our article on rainy day quotes.
Cloud quotes about the sky
According to the American Meteorological Society survey, clouds are one of the most frequently observed and studied atmospheric phenomena, indicating the widespread interest and fascination with cloud imagery and cloud-related quotes.
This underscores cloud quotes’ broad appeal and potential impact on popular culture.
11. “Behind every dark cloud, there is an ever-shining sun. Just wait. In time the cloud will pass.” – Marianne Williamson
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about comparison.
12. “A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all, he’s walking on them.” – Leonard Louis Levinson
You will also enjoy our article on star quotes.
13. “Even if it is very foggy, cloudy, or stormy, the blue sky is always there for us, above the clouds.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
You will also enjoy our article on rainbow quotes.
14. “A cloud does not know why it moves in just such a direction and at such a speed. It feels an impulsion; this is the place to go now. But the sky knows the reasons and the patterns behind all clouds, and you will know, too, when you lift yourself high enough to see beyond horizons.” – Richard Bach
You will also enjoy our article on betrayal quotes.
15. “The beauty of white clouds: Every morning brings new clouds and sunshine.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
You will also enjoy our article on waves quotes.
16. “The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn’t it be? – It is the same the angels breathe.” ― Mark Twain
You will also enjoy our article on bird quotes.
17. “A dream is where a boy can swim in the deepest ocean and fly over the highest clouds” – JK Rowling
You will also enjoy our article on seduction quotes.
18. “Its cloud illusions I recall. I really don’t know clouds at all.” – Joni Mitchell
You will also enjoy our article on November quotes.
19. “If you use your imagination, you can see lots of things in the cloud formations.” – Charles M. Schulz
You will also enjoy our article on superstore quotes.
20. “There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
You will also enjoy our article on animal quotes.
21. “Clouds in the sky very much resemble the thoughts in our minds! Both changes perpetually from one second to another!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
You will also enjoy our article on rain man quotes.
Beautiful clouds quotes and sayings
Researchers at the University of California, Riverside, found that exposure to nature-related quotes and images, including those about clouds, can increase happiness and overall well-being.
The study, led by Dr. Sonja Lyubomirsky, discovered that participants who read and reflected on nature-related quotes experienced a significant boost in mood and life satisfaction.
22. “There was a star riding through clouds one night, & I said to the star, ‘Consume me’.” – Virginia Woolf
You will also enjoy our article on full moon quotes.
23. “For a second I was almost jealous of the clouds. Why was he looking to them for an escape when I was right here beside him?” – Kamila Shamsie
You will also enjoy our article on sunshine quotes.
24. When people look at clouds they do not see their real shape, which is no shape at all, or every shape, because they are constantly changing. They see whatever it is that their heart yearns for.” – Jose Eduardo Agualusa
You will also enjoy our article on tree quotes.
25. “Look at the heavens, and the sea, and behold the clouds, which are higher than you.” – Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on air quotes.
26. “Aren’t the clouds beautiful? They look like big balls of cotton… I could just lie here all day, and watch them drift by… If you use your imagination, you can see lots of things in the cloud formations.” – Charles M Schulz
27. “And from the midst of cheerless gloom, I passed to bright unclouded day.” – Emily Bronte
28. “Thirty-nine years of my life had passed before I understood that clouds were not my enemy; that they were beautiful, and that I needed them. I suppose this, for me, marked the beginning of wisdom. Life is short.” – Limani David
29. “Winter’s sky is an old blue soul, weaving dark clouds with wonder.” – Angie Wieland
30. “The beauty of sky is visible during sunrise and sunset.” – Mohammed Ahith
31. There’s going to be a symbiotic relationship between the edge and the cloud.” – Peter Levine
32. “You must not blame me if I talk to the clouds.” – Thoreau
33. “Yesterday I inhaled a cloud, and immediately my eyes started raining.” – Jarod Kintz
Best Inspirational cloud quotes
In a study by Dr. Elaine Fox at the University of Oxford, reading positive quotes, such as those about clouds, was found to have a direct impact on one’s ability to handle stress.
This research suggests that exposure to uplifting material can help build resilience and better equip individuals to cope with life’s challenges.
34. The moon will light the clouds, just as the tides shall shape the sand.” – Anthony T. Hincks
35. “I am a dreamer. I have to dream and reach for the stars, and if I miss a star then I grab a handful of clouds.” – Mike Tyson
36. “The clouds – the only birds that never sleep.” – Victor Hugo
37. “Happiness is like a cloud if you stare at it long enough, it evaporates.” – Sarah McLachlan
38. “To say goodbye is to die a little. To say good morning is a hope for a new sunshine in a cloudy winter.”― Nabil Toussi
39. “When we look up, it widens our horizons. we see what a little speck we are in the universe, so insignificant, and we all take ourselves so seriously, but in the sky, there are no boundaries. No differences of caste or religion or race.”― Julia Gregson, East of the Sun
40. “Even when clouds grow thick, the sun still pours its light earthward.” – Mark Nepo
41. “Clouds are on top for a reason. They float so high because they refuse to carry any burden!” – Jasleen Kaur Gumber
42. “I can see clouds a thousand miles away; hear ancient music in the pines.” – Ikkyu
43. “I can be jubilant one moment and pensive the next and a cloud could go by and make that happen.” – Bob Dylan
44. The sky, a perfect empty canvas, offers clouds nonetheless. They shift and drift and beg interpretation… such is the nature of art.”― Jeb Dickerson
45. Dark clouds become heaven’s flowers when kissed by light.” ― Rabindranath Tagore
46. Now, if God made the clouds so beautiful, did He not mean us to gaze upon them and be thankful for them?” ― Alfred Rowland
More cloud quotes that are full of wisdom
A study from the University of Warwick, led by Dr. Daniel Sgroi, found that people who read uplifting quotes and literature, including cloud quotes, experienced a 12% increase in productivity.
This research highlights the potential for positive reading material to enhance both personal and professional performance.
47. “I know that I shall meet my fate somewhere among the clouds above; those that I fight I do not hate, those that I guard I do not love.” ― W.B. Yeats
48. “We pledge to fight ‘blue-sky thinking wherever we find it. Life would be dull if we had to look up at cloudless monotony day after day.” ― Gavin Pretor-Pinney
49. “It stood calm against the suburban storm raging around it. The thunder screamed across the sky; it slapped the clouds into a heated turmoil that flew towards the south.” ― J.D. Stroube
50. “Brushing the clouds away from my eyes, I see clarity in the raindrop and beauty in the first ray of morning sun…
Life is strange and wondrous…”
― Virginia Alison
51. “Complains are like the clouds that produce no rain no matter how thick they gather. Never depend on your complaint thinking they are stair cases. Drop that thing.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
52. “Heavy clouds were putting out the stars.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
53. “God is a cloud from which rain fell.” ― Dejan Stojanovic
54. “There is bound to be turbulence in the clouds of confusion before one can view the friendly skies, and an illuminated landing strip.” ― T.F. Hodge
55. “How long can the clouds arrest the sunshine? It is not hypothetical, until the cloud bursts due to the sun’s heat.” ― P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
56. “Clouds have to block the sun to bring the rain, for the absence of either means the existence of nothing.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
57. “Month after month of rain and clouds. Hug the light wherever you find it.” ― Marty Rubin
Cloud Quotes For You To Enjoy Their Movement
58. “The sky and the sun are always there. It’s the clouds that come and go.” ― Rachel Joyce
59. “A radiant full moon of silver hangs in the black sky, between the veils of misty clouds.” ― Moonshine Noire
60. “There is divinity in the clouds.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
61. “For it is when calm clouds gather that thunder is made.” ― Soroosh Shahrivar
62. “The sky has a huge heart open for all clouds even on the gloomiest of days.” ― Munia Khan
63. “The best friends of the highest mountains are only the clouds and the adventurer mountaineers!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
64. “She gathered the books like clouds and words poured down like rain.” ― Markus Zusak
65. “Changes are like clouds in the sky- come and go. Leadership is like riding on a plane to enjoy the clouds.” ― Amit Ray
66. “When we feel stuck, look at the sky, the clouds reminds us that everything changes.” – Unknown
67. “We all have bad days, but one thing is true; no cloud is so dark that sun can’t shine through.” – Anonymous
68. “Sometimes I go about pitying myself, and all the while I am being carried across the sky by beautiful clouds.” – Anonymous
69. There are no rules of architecture, for the castle in the clouds.” – Anonymous
70. “Happiness is like a cloud, staying up there, no matter it rains or shines.” – Unknown
Cloud Quotes To Give You Hope
71. “Step outside of the thoughts and observe them. Do not entertain them, just allow them to pass like clouds in the sky.” ― Fearne Cotton
72. “I will shine again even though I know the clouds of life will come-and go; again I will be strong and determined.” ― Shirley Jones-Witcher
73. “The clouds remind me that life isn’t always clear blue sky, and sometimes the sun is obstructed.” ― Lawrence Mollot
74. “Clouds have a way of breaking disappointments.” ― Prairie Farmer
75. “Clouds and cloudscapes are the greatest free show on earth. It doesn’t cost a penny to look up and feast your eyes on the view.” ― John A. Day
76. “The blue sky, with the soft, white clouds, make me feel happy often just to see them, and they are so much better than the gray, cloudy sky we have when it storms.” ― Mary W. MACLAIN
77. “Even rain clouds or storm clouds make me feel comfortable and secure.” ― Mani Feniger
78. “The darkly rolling clouds now grandly bright, The startling cracking peal proclaims its height; Now slowly comes the calm.” ― Spero
79. “See how the clouds fly past this morning, as though they’re in a hurry.” ― Poh Seng Goh
80. “God is behind every cloud and sees all our shadows.” ― Lettie Lavilla Burlingame
Cloud Quotes for Your Imagination
81. “Those who can raise their thoughts to heaven will always have clear days, because the sun always shines above the clouds.” ― Peter Sekirin
82. “Clouds are the embodiment of chaos and complexity.” ― Gavin Pretor-Pinney
83. “Watch the clouds. They will teach you about the world of form.” ― Eckhart Tolle
84. “The clouds remind me that you just never know. There are surprises at every turn and almost anything is possible.” ― Mariellen Gilpin
85. “We all have bad days, but one thing is true; no cloud is so dark that the sun can’t shine through.” ― Miranda Kerr
86. “There is a silver lining behind every cloud.” ― Railroad Trainman
87. “You are the sky. The clouds are what happens, what comes and goes.” ― Eckhart Tolle
88. “So may the Christian heart endure the storms of life. The Sun of Righteousness is behind every cloud of sorrow.” ― Charles D. Helmer
89. “Let’s build us a happy, little cloud that floats around the sky.” ― Bob Ross
90. “Clouds come floating into my life from other days no longer to shed rain or usher storm but to give colour to my sunset sky.” ― Rabindranath Tagore
Cloud Quotes On Beauty of God’s Creation
91. “Clouds on clouds, in volumes driven, curtain round the vault of heaven.” ― Thomas Love Peacock
92. “Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water.” ― Christopher Morley
93. “A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition.” ― William Arthur Ward
94. “Clouds symbolize the veils that shroud God.” ― Honoré de Balzac
95. “Lose yourself. Escape from the black cloud that surrounds you. Then you will see your own light as radiant as the full moon.” ― Rumi
96. “Above the cloud with its shadow is the star with its light. Above all things reverence thyself.” ― Pythagoras
97. “Every cloud has its silver lining but it is sometimes a little difficult to get it to the mint.” ― Don Marquis
98. “Clouds float in the same pattern only once.” ― Wayne Shorter
99. “Clouds are fascinating to paint because they are the only element in a landscape that possesses free movement.” ― John F. Carlson
100. “Clouds do not really look like camels or sailing ships or castles in the sky. They are simply a natural process at work. So too, perhaps, are our lives.” ― Roger Ebert
Cloud Quotes to Discover Beauty and Insightful Wonders
101. “We love the night and its quiet; and there is no night that we love so well as that on which the moon is coffined in clouds.” ― Fitz James O’Brien
102. “I know that if odour were visible, as colour is, I’d see the summer garden in rainbow clouds.” ― Robert Bridges
103. “Without dark clouds in our lives, we would never know the joy of sunshine. We can become callous and unteachable if we do not learn from pain.” ― Billy Graham
104. “I will clamber through the clouds and exist.” ― John Keats
105. “We want our happy little clouds to float across the sky.” ― Bob Ross
106. “However dark our lot may be, there is light enough on the other side of the cloud.” ― Horace Bushnell
107. “Heaven’s not beyond the clouds, it’s just beyond the fear. No, heaven’s not beyond the clouds, it’s just for us to find it here.” ― Garth Brooks
108. “Floating to shore…riding a low moon…on a slow cloud.” ― Nikki Giovanni
109. “We should all have personal hot air balloons and drift serenely through the clouds.” ― Rhys Bowen
110. “Don’t worry, little dhampir. You might be surrounded by clouds, but you’ll always be like sunshine to me.” ― Richelle Mead
What did you learn from these cloud quotes?
There is just something about clouds that can bring awe and inspiration.
Whether big, dark storm clouds roll in and show their power or big white fluffy clouds accent the bright, blue sky, they are all beautiful.
The clouds allow us to enjoy stunning sunrises and sunsets as well.
There is a lot that we can learn from watching the clouds.
They keep on moving along no matter what.
And behind every cloud is a bright, beautiful day.
This can motivate us to keep hope even when life is dark and stormy.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these cloud quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
If these cloud quotes inspired you, please share them with your friends on social media.