New Job Quotes About This Pivotal Career Moment
March 15, 2023 7:00 PM EST
Starting a new job can be exciting and scary, and these new job quotes capture all the emotions you might feel.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study conducted by LinkedIn, approximately 64% of professionals experience feelings of anxiety and self-doubt during their first few weeks at a new job.
This statistic emphasizes that it’s normal to feel nervous when starting a new position, as many others experience similar emotions.
Sometimes, we choose to leave our old jobs and seek new and better opportunities.
Other times, you might lose a job you liked and need a new one.
Whatever the reason, finding a new job, or creating your own through entrepreneurship, can be just the life-changing thing you were looking for.
You might have a few questions like, “How do I announce my new job on social media?”
These quotes will give your post a little flare!
When posting a new job to social media, feel free to share your excitement about the new position and company.
You might also want to take a moment and reflect on lessons learned in your previous role.
You might also want to tag any colleagues or managers that were especially meaningful to you.
This includes anyone you feel like helped mentor you into the person you are today!
These inspirational new job quotes will help you find the right words.
Keep reading for more about how to start off your new job on the right foot!
Don’t forget to also check out these quotes about new beginnings and starting fresh.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Funny new job quotes
In a 2018 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average worker changes jobs 12 times throughout their career.
This data suggests that starting a new job is a common experience, and embracing this pivotal moment can lead to personal and professional growth.
1. “If your new job were a person, he would feel lucky to have you. Congratulations.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on beetlejuice quotes.
2. “Here’s to your new job and no one finding out how much you lied on your application.” — Unknown
3. “Your previous employer’s gain is your new employer’s loss. Congrats on your new job.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on new month quotes.
4. “And now… You’re hired! You did amazing and paint the town red! Good luck with your new job!” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on monday motivation quotes.
5. “May your new job make you a billionaire so that we can party at your expense. Congrats.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on finish strong quotes.
6. “The most important part of starting a new job is identifying which coworker to blame my lack of productivity on.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on training quotes.
7. “Good luck with your new job. May I suggest you go to lunch with people this time and pretend you like them?” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on january quotes.
8. “Now that you have a job, you can pay back all your debts. I only accept cash. Congratulations on the new job, bro!” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on fresh start tweets.
9. “Good luck with your new job and dealing with a brand new batch of less attractive women who will be perpetually jealous of you.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on leap of faith quotes.
10. “The unspoken secret to success is to master the art of delegating work and pretending to look busy. Congratulations on your new job.” — Unknown
Check out our collection of I love my job quotes if you enjoy this article.
Inspirational new job quotes
Research from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) found that a positive onboarding experience can improve employee retention by 82%.
Encouraging new employees with inspiring quotes and support can help them feel more engaged, leading to a smoother transition and higher job satisfaction.
11. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” — Milton Berle
You will also enjoy our article on 7 things to consider before taking on the new job.
12. “Don’t let the fear of striking out hold you back.” — Babe Ruth
You will also enjoy our article on change jobs.
13. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” — Sam Levenson
You will also enjoy our article on hustle quotes.
14. “A new job is like a blank book and you are the author.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on break up quotes.
15. “Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.” — Alan Cohen
16. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” — Steve Jobs
17. “Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Work, continuous work and hard work, is the only way to accomplish results that last.” — Hamilton Holt
18. “By doing, you become employable. It doesn’t matter what the job is; by working, you learn new things, meet new people and are exposed to new ideas.” — Kate Reardon
19. “Every single job is a challenge. You are walking into a new set, a new character, creating a world and trying to get comfortable to do your best work.” — Felicia Day
20. “Starting a new job can be nerve-racking, but it’s also exciting. You’re embarking on a new future, positioning yourself to write a fresh story on a clean slate.” — Adena Friedman
Motivating new job quotes
21. “To find joy in work is to discover the fountain of youth.” — Pearl S. Buck
22. “A new job is not a new beginning. It is a path to create a new ending.” — Unknown
23. “It’s simple arithmetic: Your income can grow only to the extent that you do.” — T. Harv Eke
24. “I still get the jitters every time I start a new job! I love it—makes you feel alive.” — Camille Guaty
25. “Be open to the amazing changes which are occurring in the field that interests you.” — Leigh Steinberg
26. “Only undertake what you can do in an excellent fashion. There are no prizes for average performance.” — Brian Tracy
27. “Far and away, the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” — Theodore Roosevelt
28. “There is no passion to be found in playing small—in settling for a life that is less than you are capable of living.” — Nelson Mandela
29. “When you feel that you have reached the end and that you cannot go one step further, when life seems to be drained of all purpose: What a wonderful opportunity to start all over again, to turn over a new page.” — Eileen Cadd
30. “Don’t be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one, it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.” — William Patten
Congratulations on new job quotes
31. “Congratulations on your new dream job!” — Unknown
32. “All the best for your new job, and well done!” — Unknown
33. “Well done for landing your amazing new role.” — Unknown
34. “Good luck with your new job! Hope you enjoy it.” — Unknown
35. “Well done on your new role! I know you’re going to do great.” — Unknown
36. “Wishing you the best and plenty of success in your new job.” — Unknown
37. You did it! Congrats on the new role, you’re going to do great.” — Unknown
38. “I’m so happy for you! Well done on getting your amazing new job!” — Unknown
39. “Don’t mess this u—I mean, I’m sure you’re going to smash it, well done!” — Unknown
40. “Congratulations on your new job, and good bloody luck to your new colleagues.” — Unknown
New job quotes about life
41. “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” — Confucius
42. “Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be.” — Sonia Ricotti
43. “Life is short. Work somewhere awesome.” — Unknown
44. “Find a job you enjoy doing, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” — Mark Twain
45. “It’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family.” — Philip Green
46. “Starting a new job is always scary, or at least for me, it’s always scary. It’s like the first day of school.” — Sean Maher
47. “There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart. Pursue these.” — Michael Nolan
48. “When suddenly you find yourself on the wrong highway, perhaps it’s time for a new job, or some new friends. It’s your life – live it.” — John Avery
49. “Today, I close the door to the past, open the door to the future, take a deep breath, step on through and start a brand new chapter in my life.” — Unknown
50. “I think for anybody, regardless of what industry you work in, when you get a new job, and it’s progressive in terms of your career, that is one of the best feelings in the world.” — Will Poulter
New Job Quotes To Motivate and Inspire You
51. “I want to look back on my career and be proud of the work, and be proud that I tried everything.” — Jon Stewart
52. “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” — Aristotle
53. “I got a new job.” Patch locked eyes with me, and I warmed in a lot of places. In fact, I was dangerously close to feverish.” — Becca Fitzpatrick
54. “It’s time to start living the life we’ve imagined.” — Henry James
55. “The time to look for a new job is when you don’t need one. The time to switch jobs is before it feels comfortable.” — Seth Godin
56. “The crowning fortune of a man is to be born to some pursuit which finds him employment and happiness, whether it be to make baskets, or broadswords, or canals, or statues, or songs.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
57. “Every dollar released from taxation that is spared or invested will help create a new job and a new salary.” — John F. Kennedy
58. “A career is a series of ups and downs, of comebacks.” — Steve Guttenberg
59. “Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” — Chris Grosser
60. “Work to become, not to acquire.” — Elbert Hubbard
New Job Quotes To Keep An Open Mind
61. “I learned that I had to work triply hard every time I started a new job in a newsroom to prove my value and worth.” ― Gretchen Carlson
62. “With new jobs, new ideas, and growing confidence that our brightest days lie ahead, Wisconsin is on the move.” ― Jim Doyle
63. “In the early days of your new job, keep an open mind. Suspend reaction, don’t make assumptions and judgments, or jump to conclusions about systems, people, or projects.” ― Frances Kay
64. “I’m constantly learning with each new job, especially about people, which is important for playing characters.” ― Jodie Comer
65. “We have a plan for a stronger middle class, with the goal of generating 12 million new jobs over the next four years.” ― Paul Ryan
66. “I want us to do more to help small businesses. That’s where two- thirds of the new jobs are going to come from.” ― Hillary Clinton
67. “Whenever you start a new job, it’s always a bit daunting, the unknown.” ― Graham Potter
68. “I know how to really work to get new jobs and to get exports that help to create more new jobs.” ― Hillary Clinton
69. “At one point I took on a new job, and I just didn’t have time to do anything but work.” ― Sharon Olds
70. “Our economy is on the move and we are creating thousands of new jobs, but we need to keep our foot on the gas pedal.” ― Mitt Romney
Starting off your new job on the right foot
Everyone should have the opportunity to do a job that inspires them and fills their lives with meaning.
If you aren’t doing that, then maybe looking for a new job is just what you need to brighten your day!
These tips will help you start off on the right foot at your new job.
The first step is easy to do in this informational age—learn about your new company.
What is their history?
What does their culture look like?
Hopefully, you did some of this during the interview stage, but before you start is a good time to take a deeper dive.
Next, show up with a positive attitude on your first day.
Let your new team see and feel how excited you are to be joining them.
It is ok to be nervous, but try to keep any negativity to a minimum.
Finally, be willing to learn and listen.
Accepting feedback is an important part of both.
No one expects the new person to know everything, so be open to when others try to help you!
Good luck with the new job!
You can share your favorite new job quotes and sayings with us in the comment section below.