On days when life feels particularly challenging, you might be asking yourself, “How can I live one day at a time?” Reading through these one day at a time quotes is a great place to start, but I will also include some tips at the end!
Are you living your life to the fullest?
Have you ever wondered where the term, “one day at time comes from?” It is a belief from AA, that each individual has 24 hours of sobriety.
It can apply to any challenge and can become a personal mantra for anybody who is trying to live their best life! These quotes help put everything in perspective and can help you focus on living life to the fullest!
Also read these living life in the moment quotes that will inspire you to make the most of your time.
One day at a time quotes about the future
1. “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” –Abraham Lincoln
2. “No matter how difficult your situation is, you can get through it if you don’t look too far into the future, and focus on the present moment. You can get through anything one day at a time.” – Bob Parsons
3. “Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.” – Dean Acheson
4. “I believe that the best way to prepare for a Future Life is to be kind, live one day at a time, and do the work you can do best, doing it as well as you can.” – Elbert Hubbard
5. “The future comes one day at a time [so don’t fear and try to solve all the worries and problems of the future today].”– Dean Acheson
6. “Time is what prevents everything from happening at once.” – John Archibald Wheeler
7. “I try to live my life one day at a time, and if I look too far in advance, I get really stressed.” – Hope Solo
8. “I’m just taking it one day at a time. Actually, that’s a total lie. I always think about what’s in front of me.” – Julianne Hough
9. “I never have planned a whole lot of future. It’s one day at a time.” – Darrell Royal
10. “My philosophy is to take one day at a time. I don’t worry about the future. Tomorrow is even out of sight for me.” – Bobby Darin
11. “Everyone is lonely, we have to remember that life is to be lived one day at a time. You cannot worry about the past or future. Happiness is in the now.” – Claudia Gray
One day at a time quotes about success and winning
12. “Everybody is looking for instant success, but it doesn’t work that way. You build a successful life one day at a time.” – Lou Holtz
13. “A good friend of mine once told me that each morning when you wake up, think about winning the day. Don’t worry about a week from now or a month from now – just think about one day at a time. If you are worried about the mountain in the distance, you might trip over the molehill right in front of you. Win the day!” – Drew Brees
14. “You just try to take it one day at a time, … You step on the basketball floor and just play. It’s fun. I’m comfortable with it.” – Kobe Bryant
15. When you wake up, think about winning the day. Don’t worry about a week or a month from now — just think about one day at a time.” – Drew Brees
16. “I’ll never worry about not being successful. I’ll just take it one day at a time, one season at a time. And play as hard as I can.” – Bo Jackson
17. “Wholeheartedly do what it takes to awaken your clear-seeing intelligence, but one day at a time, one moment at a time. If we live that way, we will benefit this earth.” – Pema Chodron
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Pema Chödrön quotes about finding peace in life.
18. “Dream big, my friend, and never give up. We all make mistakes, but none of us are mistakes. Take one day at a time. Embrace the positive attitudes, perspectives, principles, and truths I share, and you, too, will overcome.” – Nick Vujicic
19. “Big things are built one brick at a time. Victories are achieved one choice at a time. A life well-lived is chosen one day at a time.” – Lysa TerKeurst
Also read these memory quotes and sayings that will motivate you to create new and wonderful memories every day.
Motivational one day at a time quotes
20. “Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything’s possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time.” – Day Marie Lu
21. “One day at a time is all we do. One day at a time is good for you.” – John Lennon
22. “We do the best we can in life, we take things one day at a time and sometimes we all just need a simple reminder of that.” – Demi Lovato
23. “Live one day at a time. Keep your attention in present time. Have no expectations. Make no judgments. And give up the need to know why things happen as they do. Give it up!” – Caroline Myss
24. “I have a new philosophy. I’m only going to dread one day at a time.” – Charles M. Schulz
25. “Live one day at a time and make it a masterpiece.” – Dale West
26. “I believe in one day at a time; you’ve got TODAY, that’s what you’ ve got.”- Al Pacino
27. “Life is like an ice-cream cone, you have to lick it one day at a time.” – Charles M. Schulz
28. “Life’s so full that you just take it one day at a time.”– Sheryl Crow
29. “I just live one day at a time.” – Rick James
30. “I remind myself every day just how lucky I am to do what I love! I feel so fortunate and I’m just trying to take my life one day at a time.” – Misty Copeland
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Misty Copeland quotes for a life of passion.
31. “Now is now, and I live everything one day at a time. The fact that I’m still on the planet and able to still make music is such a miracle.” – Ronnie Milsap
32. “My motivation is tomorrow, just one day at a time, right?” – Rafael Nadal
33. “Live one day at a time, unless you can figure out how to live two.” – Dik Browne
34. “Take one day at a time. Allow yourself to change.” – Paul Henderson
You might also like these life is short quotes about happiness, death, and more.
One day at a time quotes to get you through struggle
35. “One breath at a time. One day at a time. Wake up, and be shredded. Cry for a while. Then stop crying and go about your day. You’re not okay, but you’re alive, and you will be okay, someday.” – Jasinda Wilder
36. “Live one day at a time, and never be afraid.” – Tammy Faye Bakker
37. “I try to take it one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
38. “Take life one day at a time because every day is a different day with new challenges.” – Penny Streeter
39. “A lot of things have been thrown at me in life, and I’ve got through it all without a rule book, taking it one day at a time.” – Yoko Ono
40. “How does a project get to be a year behind schedule? One day at a time.” – Fred Brooks
41. “I’ve been sober now for a couple of years and I’m taking my sobriety very seriously – one day at a time and I am moving forward in my career.” – Daniel Baldwin
42. “There is magic in knocking down your most important domino day after day. All you have to do is avoid breaking the chain, one day at a time until you generate a powerful new habit in your life.” – Gary W. Keller
43. “I’m trying to stay as calm as possible and focus one day at a time, but when reality sets in, I feel everything: anxiety, excitement, nerves, pressure, and joy.” – Shawn Johnson
44. “It won’t do you any good to run if you’re running the wrong way. I’ve developed a new philosophy…I only dread one day at a time.” – Charles M. Schulz
45. “We live one day at a time and scratch where it itches.” – Darrell Royal
46. “I’m not a legend or a hero, I don’t slay dragons, I don’t do any of the things that a real hero can. But I can make things better, one day at a time, for most of the kingdom.” – Mercedes Lackey
47. “All we can do is try, do our best. Give as much time as we have to give, one day at a time. One breath at a time.” – Jasinda Wilder
48. “I still find it almost impossible to relax for more than one day at a time.” – Gene Kelly
49. “Now I’m starting, relatively, to think straight again. I live one day at a time, one hour at a time. What makes it all worthwhile is my children.” – Paula Yates
50. “The road to recovery will not always be easy, but I will take it one day at a time, focusing on the moments I’ve dreamed about for so long.” –Amanda Lindhout
Don’t forget to also read these free spirit quotes for those with a wild heart.
What did you learn from these one day at time quotes?
Are you ready to start living your life one day at a time? Here are some simple steps that you can start doing right now!
First, set achievable daily goals, and then celebrate when you complete them. Try keeping a journal. Don’t just go through the same motions every day. We are on this earth to live, not just survive our current hardships.
What makes you happy? What feels like a waste of time? Prioritize the things that are important to you and be grateful for all you have.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these inspiring one day at time quotes? Do you have any tips on how to live one day at a time? Drop them in the comment section below!