We all want to get to the end of our lives and say we lived with no regrets, and these no regrets quotes are a perfect reminder of that.
The choices we make every day shape us and impact the direction our lives will take.
It can be so hard to take a risk only for it not to pay off.
But regrets don’t have to be a source of sadness or shame if we can see the lesson in our failures and misses.
That’s what living with no regrets is all about making the most of our time and using our past to help us build the future we want.
Enjoy this collection of quotes about living without (or learning to reframe) regrets that will inspire you to get the most out of life!
No Regrets Looking Back
Read on for quotes about living without regret about decisions you’ve made.
1. “I have no regrets about not having children. I still wait for the pang of guilt, but I have none.” — Amanda Donohoe
2. “Had we not pursued the hydrogen bomb, there is a very real threat that we would now all be speaking Russian. I have no regrets.” — Edward Teller
3. “I’m not gonna try to defend or undo what’s been done. All I could say about whatever’s been done, it’s been done, and it’s water under the bridge. I have no regrets of my life.” — Ike Turner
4. “I was offered some film roles, and I did not do them. It would have been interesting, but I have no regrets. I am where I am; I accept and embrace the mistakes because they’re character-building and they build perspective and talent.” — Peter Scolari
5. “I wouldn’t want to go back over my life. I’ve done it all. I wouldn’t have wanted to miss the Marine Corps. I wouldn’t have wanted to miss the war. I wouldn’t have missed college. Or playin’ for the Colts. I got all the money I need. Five children. I got a truck. I have no regrets whatsoever.” — Art Donovan
No Regrets Quotes About Learning From Mistakes
Turn your regrets into learning opportunities with these no-regrets quotes about mistakes.
6. “There are no regrets in life, just lessons.” — Jennifer Aniston
7. “Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience.” — Victoria Holt
8. “Never look back and regret; look back and smile at what you have learned.” — Michelle C. Ustaszeski
9. “The truth is, I’m proud of the life I’ve lived so far, and though I’ve made my share of mistakes, I have no regrets.” — Carly Fiorina
10. “One day, perhaps, you will see for yourself that regrets are as nothing. The value lies in how they are answered.” — Steven Erikson
No Regrets Quotes About Trying Something New
11. “Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.” — George Halas
12. “I ventured into a world of sitcoms, and I have no regrets. I loved it.” — Christopher Lloyd
13. “Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.” — Sydney J. Harris
14. “I’m not paralyzed with fear, but I realize it is important to live as if there’s no tomorrow, always trying to maintain your integrity and have no regrets.” — Sissy Spacek
15. “I try to live my life where I end up at a point where I have no regrets. So, I try to choose the road that I have the most passion for because then you can never really blame yourself for making the wrong choices. You can always say you’re following your passion.” — Darren Aronofsky
No Regrets Quotes About Happiness and Gratitude
These quotes remind us that regrets rarely follow when we live in happiness and gratitude.
16. “My world has been quite rich in my life, and I’ve been happy. I’ve no regrets.” — Alexis Wright
17. “I leave this life with no regrets. It was a wonderful life – full and complete with the great loves and great endeavors that make it worth living.” —Charles Krauthammer
18. “When you’re happy, you find pure joy in your life. There are no regrets in this state of happiness – and that’s a goal worth striving for in all areas of your life.” — Suze Orman
19. “I have no regrets. I feel very grateful for the life that I had – you know, family I live with; and I’ve been doing work that I love, ever since I came to Nashville.” — Kris Kristofferson
20. “Happiness is in our own hearts. I have no regrets of anything in the past. I’m totally cheerful and happy, and I think that a lot of your attitude is not in the circumstances you find yourself in, but in the circumstances you make for yourself.” — Maeve Binchy
Inspiring No Regrets Quotes
These thoughtful quotes will inspire you to approach your life without fear of regrets.
21. “Forget regret or life is yours to miss.” — Jonathan Larson
22. “Regret is the only wound the soul does not recover from.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach
23. “At the end of the day, let there be no excuses, no explanations, no regrets.” — Steve Maraboli
24. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” — Shannon L. Alder
25. “Accept everything about yourself – I mean everything. You are you, and that is the beginning and the end – no apologies, no regrets.” — Henry A. Kissinger
Living with Purpose and Passion
For many things in life, there’s no opportunity for a do-over.
Making the choice every day to do the hard thing, the scary thing, the wild thing can be terrifying.
However, those experiences have the potential to be some of the most formative, impactful moments in our lives.
Live with wisdom and follow your heart, and you’ll lead a life with no regrets!
Do you have a favorite from this list of no regrets quotes?
Be sure to tell us in the comment section!