Kobe Bryant Quotes Celebrating His Life
These Kobe Bryant quotes will remind you that Kobe is a champ on or off the court.
August 10, 2022 8:11 AM EST
On January 26, 2020, the world lost Kobe Bryant in a tragic helicopter crash.
Our prayers go out to his family and friends.
Below is our collection of Kobe Bryant quotes that we published to help provide insight into the mindset of this amazing man and legendary NBA superstar.
For two decades, Kobe Bryant was one of the most dominating forces in the NBA.
He lead the Lakers to multiple championship series, and won several times.
Bryant—AKA Black Mamba—had moves like we hadn’t seen since Michael Jordan, and even today fans still miss watching him on the court.
Are you in search of inspirational Kobe Bryant quotes about what it takes to develop a killer work ethic and mindset?
Then you’ve landed in the perfect place!
Don’t forget to also check out these quotes from coach Carter for more inspiration.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Motivational Kobe Bryant quotes
1. “Once you know what failure feels like, determination chases success.” – Kobe Bryant
You will also enjoy our article on The Karate Kid quotes.
2. “The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win” – Kobe Bryant
3. “Dedication sees dreams come true.” – Kobe Bryant
You will also enjoy our article on Tim Grover quotes.
4. “If you don’t believe in yourself, no one will do it for you” – Kobe Bryant
5. “Either way, I refuse to change what I am. A lion has to eat. Run with me or run from me.” – Kobe Bryant
6. “I’m reflective only in the sense that I learn to move forward. I reflect with a purpose” – Kobe Bryant
7. “Determination silences doubters.” – Kobe Bryant
8. “Passion is the fuel for success.”– Kobe Bryant
9. “Everything negative; pressure, challenges, is an opportunity for me to rise.”– Kobe Bryant
10. “The beauty in being blessed with talent is rising above doubters to create a beautiful moment.” – Kobe Bryant
11. “I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I’m like, ‘My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don’t have it. I just want to chill.’ We all have self-doubt. You don’t deny it, but you also don’t capitulate to it. You embrace it.” – Kobe Bryant
12. “It doesn’t bother me at all. Do I hold any hard feelings? Not at all. Life is too short to sit around and hold grudges. I don’t hold any whatsoever.” – Kobe Bryant
13. “The last time I was intimidated was when I was 6 years old in karate class. I was an orange belt and the instructor ordered me to fight a black belt who was a couple years older and a lot bigger. I was scared s—less. I mean, I was terrified and he kicked my ass. But then I realized he didn’t kick my ass as bad as I thought he was going to and that there was nothing really to be afraid of. That was around the time I realized that intimidation didn’t really exist if you’re in the right frame of mind.” – Kobe Bryant
14. “The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.” – Kobe Bryant
15. “Pain doesn’t tell you when you ought to stop. Pain is the little voice in your head that tries to hold you back because it knows if you continue you will change. Don’t let it stop you from being who you can be. Exhaustion tells you when you ought to stop. You only reach your limit when you can go no further.”– Kobe Bryant
16. “Sports is such a great teacher. I think of everything they’ve taught me: camaraderie, humility, how to resolve differences.” – Kobe Bryant
17. “I can’t relate to lazy people. We don’t speak the same language. I don’t understand you. I don’t want to understand you.” – Kobe Bryant
You might also like these quotes from Tiger Woods for a successful future.
Kobe Bryant Quotes To Inspire The Greatness In You
18. “Use your success, wealth and influence to put them in the best position to realize their own dreams and find their true purpose. Put them through school, set them up with job interviews and help them become leaders in their own right. Hold them to the same level of hard work and dedication that it took for you to get to where you are now, and where you will eventually go.” – Kobe Bryant
19. “I played through the sweat and hurt
Not because challenge called me
But because YOU called me.
I did everything for YOU
Because that’s what you do
When someone makes you feel as
Alive as you’ve made me feel.” –– Kobe Bryant
20. “The examples are endless but my philosophy is simple. Once I knew my seed, I was able to discover my muse and my purpose for being was crystal clear.” –– Kobe Bryant
21. “The topic of leadership is a touchy one. A lot of leaders fail because they don’t have the bravery to touch that nerve or strike that chord. Throughout my years, I haven’t had that fear.” – Kobe Bryant
22. “Being passive aggressive in this competition means you’re fine with simply going with the flow and unwilling to disturb the calm waters of the game to accomplish your goals.” – Kobe Bryant
23. “Everything I saw, heard, read, or felt was viewed through the lens of growing as a basketball player. This perspective makes me curious about everything, makes everything interesting, and means that life is a living library where all I need to do is pay attention.” – Kobe Bryant
24. “This is the moment I accept the most challenging times will always be behind me AND in front of me.” – Kobe Bryant
25. “You need to figure out a way to invest in the future of your family and friends. This sounds simple, and you may think it’s a no-brainer, but take some time to think on it further. I said INVEST. I did not say GIVE.” – Kobe Bryant
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of moving quotes about the power of a new environment.
Did these Kobe Bryant quotes inspire you?
Through these quotes, you can see what made him special as an athlete and intriguing as a person.
Most of us love him because we can relate to him and have the same mind frame, that the only thing stopping us from achieving our goals is us.
Others hate him because he has the relentlessness that many wish they had.
There’s no doubt his words poke at your soul like needles.
Cherish these quotes by Kobe Bryant and find your inner “Mamba Mentality”.
June 28, 2019 at 3:42 AM
Thank you for this post.
January 27, 2020 at 2:54 AM
RIP to the goat. Made me a Laker fan for life.