50 Drew Brees Quotes about New Orleans and Football
April 13, 2021 7:00 AM EST
These Drew Brees quotes about football and training will inspire you to be the best version of yourself possible.
Drew Brees is a famous quarterback known for playing for the New Orleans Saints in the National Football League.
This legendary football star has had a successful career filled with awards and accolades.
This collection of Drew Brees quotes will pump you up and motivate you to always try your hardest on your quest for greatness.
As a Super Bowl champion, Drew Brees has deeply impacted the lives of many people.
These quotes to his sons, his fans, and his teammates will give you a fresh perspective on the game of football.
Whether you win or lose, the most important thing is that you always put forward your best effort.
You will never fail as long as you try your hardest each and every day.
Check out these Drew Brees quotes about New Orleans to gain a deeper appreciation for his skill and dedication as a player.
Don’t forget to also check out these Tom Brady quotes celebrating a dynasty.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Drew Brees quotes to motivate you
1. “You can always be a little bit better.” ― Drew Brees
2. “You are either getting better or getting worse, but you are never staying the same.” ― Drew Brees
3. “The truth is, you don’t learn much from winning, but losing can make you a lot stronger.” ― Drew Brees
4. “Anyone can see the adversity in a difficult situation, but it takes a stronger person to see the opportunity.” ― Drew Brees
5. “Under pressure, would I fold and disappear, or would I show everyone that when bad things happen, you fight?” ― Drew Brees
6. “I realized I could focus on my mistakes and feel sorry for myself, or I could learn from those mistakes and use them as motivation to come back stronger.” ― Drew Brees
7. “I’m a very modest person. But I’m also extremely confident. And if you put me in the situation or in the moment, I’m gonna have some swagger, I’m gonna have some cockiness.” ― Drew Brees
8. “When you wake up, think about winning the day. Don’t worry about a week or a month from now — just think about one day at a time. If you are worried about the mountain in the distance, you might trip over the molehill right in front of you. Win the day!” ― Drew Brees
9. “God, I know that if you bring me to it, you will bring me through it. I know you have a plan, but quite honestly I don’t see it right now. But I know it’s there. I know I have to believe. I know I need to have faith. I have to trust you. And I do trust you. But it’s hard right now.” ― Drew Brees
10. “Forget all the doubters. Forget all the critics. Is there satisfaction in proving them wrong? Sure, but I don’t want to give those people the gratification of even dwelling on their words that long. There’s a motivator much more powerful than doubt. I play in honor of those who believe in me.” ― Drew Brees
Drew Brees quotes that will inspire you to be the best version of yourself
11. “I can’t get through the gate. The gate is narrow.” ― Drew Brees
12. “I expect to make big plays. And when I don’t, I’m upset about it.” ― Drew Brees
13. “I know I can go out there and play much better than I did yesterday. But to come out with a win is key.” ― Drew Brees
14. “Each and every year I feel like I’ve gotten a little bit better and that’s always been my goal, was just to get a little bit better.” ― Drew Brees
15. “Sometimes all you need is just for somebody to believe in you in order to be able to accomplish maybe what you never thought you could.” ― Drew Brees
16. “It has been an interesting road, but I wouldn’t trade any of it for the world, because I feel like all of those instances in my life I felt molded me and strengthened me and made me who I am.” ― Drew Brees
17. “I obviously take a lot of pride in what I do on the football field, because that has the ability to influence a lot of people. That puts smiles on people’s faces. That gives people a pep in their step on Monday morning when they go back to work.” ― Drew Brees
18. “But I’ve found that when you start talking to people, everybody’s family has something they’ve dealt with. Every family has issues and is a little dysfunctional. It’s not whether you will have problems within your family; it’s how you handle those difficulties when they come your way.” ― Drew Brees
19. “And at the time, it is funny how you can look at something and say, for example with my shoulder injury, when it first happened I said this is the worst thing that could happen to me. Why me, why now? Now I look back and say it was probably the best thing that happened to me.” ― Drew Brees
20. “The Madden NFL franchise holds a special place in popular culture and the cover is a coveted position for players all over the league. I’m honored to be the first cover athlete chosen by Madden NFL fans and it’s a great way to cap off an amazing year for the Saints and the city of New Orleans.” ― Drew Brees
Drew Brees quotes pump you up
21. “I don’t know about voodoo, but I believe in destiny.” ― Drew Brees
22. “Four years ago, whoever thought this would have happened?” ― Drew Brees
23. “There’s always a little bit of personal satisfaction when you prove somebody wrong.” ― Drew Brees
24. “When you care about a guy beyond just the field, that’s when the chemistry becomes really special.” ― Drew Brees
25. “I love the Cowboys in the early 90s. That was their heyday, winning all those Super bowls. Troy Aikman was a person I looked up to.” ― Drew Brees
26. “We all understand what we signed up for, but then again, you don’t want this to be a game that puts people in wheelchairs at age 40.” ― Drew Brees
27. “I’m just feeling like it was meant to be. What can I say? The birth of my son, and in the first year of his life, we won a Super Bowl Championship.” ― Drew Brees
28. “We’ve got something special going here. We want to keep it going. You don’t have many opportunities like this, and the window of opportunity for us is now.” ― Drew Brees
29. “I get people stopping me on the street like twenty times a day, telling me how great it makes them feel and how it just helps them to go about their day and rebuild their lives. It means a tremendous amount.” ― Drew Brees
30. “We just believed in ourselves, and we knew that we had an entire city and maybe an entire country behind us. What can I say? I tried to imagine what this moment would be like for a long time, and it’s better than expected.” ― Drew Brees
Drew Brees quotes to elevate your perspective
31. “The Super Bowl is a realistic goal.” ― Drew Brees
32. “I grew up in Texas, obviously a huge football state.” ― Drew Brees
33. “I’m not just trying to be a good game manager. I’m trying to be great.” ― Drew Brees
34. “It’s my job to get us in good plays, or more importantly, out of bad plays.” ― Drew Brees
35. “I was brought here for a reason. I feel like I can make a tremendous impact, not only with the team but in the community.” ― Drew Brees
36. “You look at public education system, charter schools, infrastructure, in so many ways New Orleans has come back stronger.” ― Drew Brees
37. “I was honored to spend time with the President on an issue that is clearly important to him. I was also impressed by his wide receiver skills.” ― Drew Bree
38. “We always try to mix it up-three-step drop, five-step drop, seven-step drop, naked bootleg. We spread out all these kinds of things to keep the defensive pass rush unbalanced.” ― Drew Brees
39. “The only team that believed in me was the Saints, and I feel like I owe them a great debt of gratitude. I want to give them what they saw in me-a guy who could lead this team to a championship.” ― Drew Brees
40. “It took me six months to redeem myself at least to have another chance to at least have her get to know me and let her know I was at least a decent guy and to give me a shot. And here we are, we’ve been married seven years.” ― Drew Brees
More Drew Brees quotes
41. “We had a saying that the fun stops at one.” ― Drew Brees
42. “I hope our hopes and aspirations are bigger than setting records.” ― Drew Brees
43. “If you are looking for your purpose or calling, you will find it in your pain.” ― Drew Brees
44. “I don’t believe that you can be too short as a quarterback. It’s not about height.” ― Drew Brees
45. “Never let anyone in life tell you that you can’t have something that you are willing to work for.” ― Drew Brees
46. “Each day, you get an ounce more confidence. When we’re playing like we are, there’s no reason not to.” ― Drew Brees
47. “I needed New Orleans so badly back in 2006, just somebody to believe in me, somebody to care about me.” ― Drew Brees
48. “I can change a diaper in 30 seconds flat. I set the new one beneath the old one. That way, it’’s just wipe and pull the flap over.” ― Drew Brees
49. “The Madden Curse has really taken on a life of its own. People just love talking about it, and it is what it is, but I look at it as a challenge.” ― Drew Brees
50. “All of the products I take help me feel like I’m getting the maximum amount out of my workouts and out of my practice work. They’re a big part of preparing and recovering each week.” ― Drew Brees
What are your favorite Drew Brees quotes to his sons, teammates, and fans?
This collection of Drew Brees quotes will remind you that hard work always pays off.
If you need motivation or encouragement, look at the life of Drew Brees for inspiration.
He is a fantastic football player and an iconic role model.
To football fans across America, Drew Brees is one of the most beloved players in the league.
He has earned the titles of Super Bowl MVP, NFL Offensive Player of the Year, NFL Comeback Player of the Year.
These are just a few highlights from his impressive career as a quarterback.
Share this list of quotes with the sports fans in your life.
What are your favorite Drew Brees quotes and sayings about New Orleans and the NFL?
Let us know in the comment section below.