If you enjoy real-life stories of forgiveness and love, you will enjoy these Elisabeth Elliot quotes!
Elliot was a famous Christian author and speaker and wrote over twenty books in her life.
You might also like these related articles:
Elisabeth Elliot was born in Brussels, Belgium, in 1926 and died in Magnolia, Massachusetts, in 2015.
She was best known for her act of forgiveness and love when she spent two years as a missionary to a tribe in Ecuador.
The tremendous thing about her being a missionary to the tribe was that this tribe had previously killed her first husband, Jim Elliot, when he was a missionary.
After she returned to the United States, she spent the remainder of her life writing and speaking.
From 1988 to 2001, she also had a daily radio program called Gateway to Joy.
Take a look at these Elisabeth Elliot quotes to learn more about this inspiring woman.
Inspirational Elisabeth Elliot Quotes
Check out these inspirational quotes from Elisabeth Elliot!
1. “God still owns tomorrow.” — Elisabeth Elliot
2. “Fear arises when we imagine that everything depends on us.” — Elisabeth Elliot
3. “A whole lot of what we call ‘struggling’ is simply delayed obedience.” — Elisabeth Elliot
4. “We cannot give our hearts to God and keep our bodies for ourselves” — Elisabeth Elliot
5. “Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them.” — Elisabeth Elliot
6. “The deepest lessons come out of the deepest waters and the hottest fires.” — Elisabeth Elliot
7. “God never denies us our heart’s desire except to give us something better.” — Elisabeth Elliot
8. “God never withholds from His child that which His love and wisdom call good.” — Elisabeth Elliot
9. “The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian, but the fact that I am a Christian makes me a different kind of woman.” — Elisabeth Elliot
10. “Does God ask us to do what is beneath us? This question will never trouble us again if we consider the Lord of heaven taking a towel and washing feet.” — Elisabeth Elliot
Wise Elisabeth Elliot Quotes
Enjoy some wise quotes from Elisabeth Elliot.
11. “Maturity starts with the willingness to give oneself.” — Elisabeth Elliot
12. “Everything, if given to God, can become your gateway to joy.” — Elisabeth Elliot
13. “The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances.” — Elisabeth Elliot
14. “Silence, as someone has said, is the mother of prayer and the nurse of holy thoughts.” — Elisabeth Elliot
15. “One does not surrender a life in an instant. That which is lifelong can only be surrendered in a lifetime.” — Elisabeth Elliot
16. “What God gives in answer to our prayers will always be the thing we most urgently need, and it will always be sufficient.” — Elisabeth Elliot
17. “It is always possible to be thankful for what is given rather than to complain about what is not given. One or the other becomes a habit of life.” — Elisabeth Elliot
Loving Elisabeth Elliot Quotes
Here are some loving quotes from Elisabeth Elliot.
18. “Money holds terrible power when it is loved.” — Elisabeth Elliot
19. “Leave it all in the Hands that were wounded for you.” — Elisabeth Elliot
20. “There is nothing worth living for unless it is worth dying for.” — Elisabeth Elliot
21. “Of one thing I am perfectly sure: God’s story never ends with ‘ashes.” — Elisabeth Elliot
22. “God is God. Because He is God, He is worthy of my trust and obedience.” — Elisabeth Elliot
23. “This love of which I speak is slow to lose patience – it looks for a way of being constructive.” — Elisabeth Elliot
24. “Faith is not an instinct. It certainly is not a feeling – feelings don’t help much when you’re in the lions’ den or hanging on a wooden Cross.” — Elisabeth Elliot
25. “I’m convinced that there is nothing that can happen to me in this life that is not precisely designed by a sovereign Lord to give me the opportunity to learn to know Him.” — Elisabeth Elliot
Elliot’s Personal Life
Elisabeth Elliot was married three times as her first two husbands passed away, and then she married Lars Gren, who survived her upon her death in 2015.
Elizabeth had one child, her daughter Valerie, whom she had with her first husband, Jim Elliot.
After battling dementia for ten years, Elisabeth passed away in 2015.
She was survived by her husband, daughter, son-in-law, and eight grandchildren.
Please share these Elisabeth Elliot Quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about Elisabeth Elliot in the comment section below.