If you can’t help but get pulled into the sci-fi world, you’ll love these Orphan Black quotes.
Orphan Black is a sci-fi thriller series with a unique story that makes people want to watch and rewatch.
It revolves around the story of Sarah Manning, one of the several genetically identical clones created. In an unexpected series of events, she assumed the role of one of her fellow clones.
As humanity gets closer and closer to reaching new heights in cloning technology, these series perfectly point out the moral and ethical implications of cloning human beings and its conflicting effects on identity.
These Orphan Black quotes will intrigue you and give you a couple of laughs as you read them.
Don’t forget to also check out these Ginny and Georgia quotes to hold your excitement until season 2
Orphan Black quotes from Felix
1. “Do not snap towels at me, Bobby. I had a very traumatic childhood.” — Felix Dawkins
2. “Divorces do really strange things to normals, Sarah. They lose their fake happiness, they forget the way to the mall, and then they come downtown to find themselves.” — Felix Dawkins
3. “You cannot hide in minimalist furniture!” — Felix Dawkins
4. “Well, now, when you’re a poor little orphan foster wretch, anything’s possible. Or so we tell ourselves.” — Felix Dawkins
5. “Out of nine so far, one’s a psycho who killed four others, one committed suicide, one is a bloody soccer mum, and then there’s you. My crazy sister is sane by comparison.” — Felix Dawkins
6. “Last time I checked, human cloning was illegal, let alone impossible.” — Felix Dawkins
7. “I’m beginning to realize crazy is genetic.” — Felix Dawkins
8. “I need to change. Fetch me something gay.” — Felix Dawkins
9. “I don’t leave prints when I burgle.” — Felix Dawkins
10. “I don’t do backup! I don’t even know what backup is!” — Felix Dawkins
11. “I’m sure I’ve got a Ukrainian folk costume in here, somewhere.” — Felix Dawkins
12. “What kind of monster threatens a man’s cat?” — Felix Dawkins
Orphan Black quotes from Helena
13. “My story is an embroidery, with many beginnings and no end. But I will start with the thread of my sestra Sarah, who stepped off a train one day and met herself.” — Helena
14. “There was a woman in convent like you. You touch her again and I will gut you like a fish.” — Helena
15. “You should not threaten babies.” — Helena
16. “You make me cry sestra.” — Helena
Orphan Black quotes from Alison
17. “So my bottom line is my children can’t know their mother is a freak. Things have to stay on a need-to-know basis.” — Alison
18. “Sometimes family is more than just the people under your roof. They’re people who jump in, head first, who aren’t afraid to make fools of themselves to help you, who don’t hide their faces in shame if you fall down.” — Alison
19. “Normally I’d say don’t do anything rash, but rash seems to be a genetic trait.” — Alison
20. “I have a friend who needs a piece… maker.” — Alison
21. “My hand is purple, and it makes the air all fuzzy.” — Alison
22. “Can we get back to Beth please? Suicide? I don’t accept that. This one is some sort of low-life grifter. How do we know she didn’t push her?” — Alison
23. “This is what we fought for, right? To be sisters! It’s a good thing!” — Alison
Orphan Black quotes from Siobhan Sadler
24. “We are hoping that there are still good people in the most corrupt places.” — Siobhan Sadler
25. “One of the great things about this country, hunting’s not just for the rich.” — Siobhan Sadler
26. “Quite enough to lip out of you. You know, as a woman, I’m 14 percent more likely to survive a gunshot wound than you are. Maybe not this one but, okay, it’s been a good run. Chickens…” — Siobhan Sadler
Orphan Black quotes from Sarah
27. “Okay, look where it got Alison, yeah? She smoked her husband with a golf club on a hunch that he was her monitor and, now, they’re away at a couple’s retreat, trying to repair their marriage.” — Sarah
28. “Well, I’ve never known a blood relation, but being your twin certainly sucks.” — Sarah
29. “ I hit him first this time. With an ashtray. So he’s a little blue.” — Sarah
30. “ I just want some answers.” — Sarah
31. “ Oi, I already told you,I didn’t want to be her. I got stuck. I was running from my own shit.” — Sarah
32. “She’s a churchy psychopath. It’s personal, she’s a loner, probably abused as a child.” — Sarah
33. “So, they hate us, and she’s killing us, even though she’s identical to us.” — Sarah
34. “Yeah, I might become an angry angel too.” — Sarah
35. “I survived you. We survived you. Me and my sisters together. This is evolution.” — Sarah
36“It’s good. We just need a change. Freedom looks different to everyone.” — Sarah
Orphan Black quotes from Cosima
37. “Well, but if you were a messed up abused loner whose faith compelled you to belong, and somebody that you trusted told you that this was the only way to redeem yourself in the eyes of God, I mean…” — Cosima
38. “To extreme creationist types, we would be abominations. Like, not God’s children, but Satan’s.” — Cosima
39. “Well, yeah, bad brain chemistry can be genetic, um, but environment, that’s individual, right? I mean that’s the whole nature/nurture question right there.” — Cosima
40. “But who is the original? Who’s created us? Who’s killing us? We need to know, but we lost our cop, so however you managed to get into her shoes, we really need you to stay there.” — Cosima
41. “Sorry. I wanted to float that whole clone thing a lot softer.” — Cosima
42. “The most important family value is accepting your family for who they are.” — Cosima
43. “I’m kind of always late, so kind of always sorry” — Cosima
44. “You gave me life. I know you can take that away. But you can’t take away my humanity.” — Cosima
Orphan Black quotes from Henrik Johanssen
45. “You won’t answer my questions, don’t ask your own.” — Henrik Johanssen
46. “Just when the night is darkest, he shines a light. And a new life begins.” — Henrik Johanssen
Orphan Black quotes from Rachel
47. “Even mothers have to do as they’re told, sometimes.” — Rachel
48. “Controlling evolution is the ultimate power.” — Rachel
49. “My name is Rachel Duncan and we are going to come to terms.” — Rachel
50. “I have a glass eye, no friends, and no identity unless I want to be found. Leaves little room for elitism.” — Rachel
Which of these Orphan Black quotes is your favorite?
The series gained numerous nominations and awards, particularly for the fantastic performance of Maslany.
The show even gives birth to fandom worldwide comprising several thousands of fans who identify themselves as the #CloneClub. Orphan Black touches vital issues in both theoretical and practical science and medicine.
Human experimentations, ethics and life are themes that continuously pop up in the series. Although the clones were created by recreating exactly the same DNA, they ended up having different personalities as they grew up. This implies the impact of the “nurturing” aspect of raising a child.
Share these nostalgic Orphan Black quotes and sayings with someone while you rethink these vital human concepts.
November 4, 2021 7:00 AM EST