Enjoy these Ginny and Georgia quotes from season 1 of the series.
Ginny and Georgia is a comedy-drama series about the mother and daughter bond in the new age era.
It follows the story of Ginny Miller, a 15-year-old who is somewhat more mature than her 30-year-old mother.
Georgia, a single mom, had Ginny when she was just 15, and since then, she tries to give a better life than she had to her kids.
The fans loved the story because of the quirkiness and characterization of Georgia.
The creators did a masterful job in creating the perfect mother character for Georgia, and it carried the show for seasons.
According to Netflix, Ginny and Georgia was streamed in 52 million households in its first 28 days, making it one of the most-watched series on the platform.
Studies show that audiences are drawn to the show’s relatable characters and themes, leading to an increase in social media sharing of Ginny and Georgia quotes for entertainment and inspiration.
In an age where teenage pregnancy is rising, this film successfully sheds new light that good things can eventually emerge from difficult circumstances.
These Ginny and Georgia quotes are lovely to enjoy with family or friends.
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of The Kominsky Method quotes to make you laugh.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Ginny and Georgia quotes from Ginny Miller
A study by Nielsen found that Ginny and Georgia was the most popular streaming series in the US in February 2021, with over 1.2 billion minutes watched during the month.
The show’s witty one-liners and memorable quotes have resonated with viewers, leading to a surge in online conversations and sharing of Ginny and Georgia quotes.
1. “What do you care? You go through men faster than Taylor Swift.” — Ginny Miller
2. “Love. It’s up. It’s down. It’s easy. It’s hard. It’s a motherf-…” — Ginny Miller
3. “Love. Everyone thinks love is so beautiful. Such a fairytale.” — Ginny Miller
4. “Of course I hurt myself. When you don’t have a voice, you have to scream somehow.” — Ginny Miller
5. “Cool people don’t say they’re cool.” — Ginny Miller
6. “The things you really need to fear don’t go bump in the night. The things you really need to fear exist in us already. We’re the monsters.” — Ginny Miller
7. “You can’t fall in love if you always have your guard up.” — Ginny Miller
You will also enjoy our article on single mom quotes.
8. “Men are visual creatures, so give them something to look at.” — Ginny Miller
9. “What if all your dreams come true, and it’s still not enough?” — Ginny Miller
10. “Don’t flirt with the students or other parents. And, please, don’t hotbox a classroom.” — Ginny Miller
11. “Unless your name is Jesus, I don’t think your birthday counts as a holiday.” — Ginny Miller
12. “I know about masks. Mine never comes off. Moving around all the time. I’m too white for the black kids and not white enough for the white kids.” — Ginny Miller
13. “If beauty is a weapon, then Georgia has always been locked and loaded.” — Ginny Miller
14. “My mum has never had trouble with men. It’s effortless to her, like breathing. She always knows what to say, how to be. It’s like, I don’t know, got magical powers or something. She’s unapologetically fearless. She just puts herself out there. Men, sex, all of it. I swear to God, I’m adopted.” — Ginny Miller
15. “Power is cold, it’s about control. It’s a game, there are winners and losers. If someone has power, that means intrinsically that someone else does not.” — Ginny Miller
16. “Passion is hot. But now, I think you only want passion until you’ve been burned. Then power starts looking really good. Never let your guard down – I get it now.” — Ginny Miller
17. “For the first time in my life, I think I finally started to understand my mother.” — Ginny Miller
18. “Sometimes when I catch my mum at a certain angle, it feels like I’m looking at someone I don’t know.” — Ginny Miller
19. “I’m not going to be white and bougie even if you put me in a cable-knit sweater.” — Ginny Miller
20. “What are you wearing? You look like Vanessa Hodges at Rydell High.” — Ginny Miller
21. “I’m nothing like my mom.” — Ginny Miller
Ginny and Georgia quotes from Georgia Miller
A survey by YouGov found that Ginny and Georgia was the third most-watched show on Netflix in the US in March 2021, behind only Stranger Things and Ozark.
The show’s engaging storyline and relatable characters have resonated with audiences, leading to increased sharing of Ginny and Georgia quotes on social media.
22. “We’re like the penguins. We can’t fly, but maybe we can learn to swim.” — Georgia Miller
23. “Life won’t throw you parties. You gotta make your own!” — Georgia Miller
24. “You just called Britney Spears retro, so I have to go cryogenically freeze myself.” — Georgia Miller
25. “Love is a lot of things, Maxine. Safe isn’t one of them.” — Georgia Miller
Which of these Ginny and Georgia quotes is your favorite?
The show successfully blends different emotional colors while ensuring that the character’s perspective is one-dimensional.
The conflict presented is always a touch of grey, and you’ll easily empathize with the character’s actions and reasonings.
Ginny’s attitude is a reflection of how teenage life can be both a nightmare and a thrill.
If you want a nice mix of comedy and drama with a combination of complicated family issues with the light resolution of events, then you’ll surely love Ginny and Georgia.
This show completely understands the dilemma that it’s not entirely healthy to have a mom who wants to be your best friend but hesitates to fully grow up herself.
Show a family member appreciation today, and you can always get back to these Ginny and Georgia quotes and sayings anytime.