Check out these Paid in Full quotes to learn more about the movie referenced in many rap songs.
Paid in Full is a crime drama released in 2002 and directed by Charles Stone III.
The movie stars Wood Harris, Mekhi Phifer, and Cam’ron, among other actors.
It gets its name from the 1987 album and song by Eric B. & Rakim.
You might also like these related articles:
The movie received mediocre reviews from critics due to what they felt was a worn-out story, but they thought the movie was well-acted.
The movie only grossed $3.1 million at the box office against a $7.5 million budget but has since developed a cult following with hip-hop fans.
The movie is fictionally based on the lives of the 1980’s Harlem drug dealers Azie “AZ” Faison, Rich Porter, and Alpo Martinez.
Take a look at these Paid in Full quotes to learn more about the movie.
A Few Short Paid in Full Quotes
Here are some top quotes from the film.
1. “What’s Popping Kermit?” — Ace
2. “That’s why I do what I do.” — Ace
3. “Whooooo, that’s a big a** bill.” — Pip
4. “You know me, B, Imma eat regardless.” — Ace
5. “Even Ray Charles can see he’s got money.” — Ice
6. “No doubt. Life is good in Harlem, baby.” — Mitch
7. “Make the money count! Make the money count!” — Rico
8. “No ribs, no rice, no champagne! You don’t eat nothing!” — Rico
9. “You know, I just need to be around some love, that’s all.” — Mitch
10. “I just made enough money to bake biscuits for the projects.” — Calvin
Paid in Full Quotes from Ace
Here are some quotes from the main character of the film.
11. “What the f*ck are you doing, man? Do you even know what you’re doing, man?” — Ace
12. “I told myself, when I could breathe without a tube, I was gonna breathe deep.” — Ace
13. “I’ve been shot in the head, baby. My body is different. I’m breathing differently.” — Ace
14. “Everybody’s gonna eat. Everybody’s gonna get this money. Everybody can be happy.” — Ace
15. “Yeah, I called him. And I gave him the number of fake *ss dealers who turned out to be the feds.” — Ace
16. “Us old players are gone. But you can see our story on music videos with prop guns and fake champagne.” — Ace
17. “But it’s all fake. Understand what I’m sayin’? This life. This game, there ain’t no love in it. It doesn’t love you back.” — Ace
18. “Still got the flash of that gun in my head, man. That white light. And it was like that light, man, was sayin’, you’re dead.” — Ace
19. “See, the thing about the game is, the—don’t stop. You could be hurt, and it doesn’t matter. Business will still roll up on you.” — Ace
More Paid in Full Quotes
Here are a few more quotes that tell the story we follow in the film Paid in Full.
20. “What the f*ck is the use havin’ soldiers if you can’t use them?” — Rico
21. “Ace, make that shot again. Five thousand, you can’t make it again.” — Rico
22. “Come on, man. You know me, man. Cleanliness is next to godliness.” — Mitch
23. “Look, man, we know what’s hot on the streets, man. Believe me, man. We are out there every day.” — Mitch
24. “You know my style, baby. It ain’t my style to be running around here getting all sweaty on the court, baby.” — Mitch
25. “I sold you those drugs so that you could make money, you forgetful motherf*cker! You got high, so you f*cked up.” — Mitch
What Is the Movie’s Plot?
Ace is a young man growing up in Harlem who wants to live a law-abiding life among all the drugs around him.
However, when the opportunity presents itself, he sells some drugs and gets in as deep as the drug boss in Harlem.
After running the area for years and seeing the death of friends and family because of drugs, he gets out and lives a law-abiding life.
Share these Paid in Full quotes with your hip-hop-loving friends, and share your favorite quotes in the movie in the comment section below.