Flash Quotes from The World’s Fastest Crime Fighter
August 12, 2022 5:00 AM EST
As a member of DC’s The Justice League, The Flash is one of the most well-known superheroes.
We’ve gathered our favorite Flash quotes from the 2014 CW series, The Flash.
In 2013, television comic pros, Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and David Nutter, along with DC Comics CCO, Geoff Johns got together to create an origin story for the world’s fastest superhero.
They declared that they were going to create a show around the comic book character, Barry Allen, and keep the Flash as original to the comics as possible.
While it can be argued whether or not they fulfilled this promise, they have kept The Flash on air for seven seasons.
These Flash quotes will inspire you to find the greatness in your life.
Don’t forget to also check out these superhero quotes to inspire the best version of you.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
The Flash quotes about being a hero
1. “Being The Flash, that’s the best version of me. If I don’t have my speed, I’ll never be that person anymore.” — Barry Allen
2. “I just never thought I’d have superpowers and feel more powerless than I ever have in my entire life.” — Barry Allen
3. “Cops always expect trouble. In this city, I expect super evil flying monsters.” — Joe West
4. “There’s a difference, Barry, between having powers and having precision.” — Oliver Queen
5. “Fighting is physics. It’s not about strength. It’s not about size. It’s about energy and power.” — Cisco Ramon
6. “It’s easy to believe in heroes. What’s hard is when our heroes stop believing in us.” — Barry Allen
7. “Sometimes, as a leader, you have to make tough calls in order to serve the greater good.” — Barry Allen
8. “Every kid dreams of being a superhero. Having powers, saving people. But no kid thinks about what it’s like to be a hero and not saving people. Truth is, not much else changes. You still hurt, you still love, you still wish and hope and fear things, and you still need people to help you with all of it. In some ways, that’s the best part.” — Barry Allen
9. “We only break the rules to save people.” — Barry Allen
You will also enjoy our article on Iron Man quotes.
Wise Flash quotes
10. “Living this life, it takes more than a mask. It takes discipline.” — Oliver Queen
11. “Good news is good news. No news is miscommunication.” — Harrison Wells
12. “I used to think that keeping secrets from people for their own good was a noble decision, that it would protect them. But when you do that, you just rob those people from making their own decisions.” — Barry Allen
13. “The best way to teach somebody something is to throw them in the deep end.” — Joe West
14. “Everybody has limits.” — Harrison Wells
15. “Sometimes the truth is the hardest lie to see through. And when you can’t put your faith in the truth, all you have left is yourself.” — Cisco Ramon
16. “Fear is what holds people back from being who they should be.” — Patty Spivot
17. “If every time you make a mistake you just rush in to fix it, you’re only gonna make things worse.” — Barry Allen
18. “A little fear can be a healthy thing. It helps you determine which risks are worth taking.” — Iris West
19. “A man does not wear another man’s face unless he understands his mind.” — Eobard Thawne
20. “Evolutionary leaps follow the creations of new technologies.” — Harrison Wells
21. “Sometimes, great possibilities are right in front of us, and we don’t see them, because we choose not to. I think that we need to be open to exploring something new.” — Barry Allen
Best Flash quotes to inspire you
22. “Everyone has a hero, someone they look up to admire, someone they just wish they could be.” — Barry Allen
23. “It’s not being a Hero it’s just doing the right thing” — Barry Allen
24. “I’ve spent my whole life searching for the impossible, never imagining that I would become the impossible.” — Barry Allen
25. “Our powers don’t decide who we are. We do.” — Barry Allen
Did you enjoy these Flash quotes?
The Flash originated as a spin-off from CW’s other popular superhero show, Arrow.
Originally, The Flash was going to backdoor off of Arrow, but the producers enjoyed Barry Allen’s character so much that they allowed the funds to create a full production pilot around his character.
However, The Flash kept many elements from its parent show, including the same creators, Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, the same costume designer, Colleen Atwood, and the same music composer, Blake Neely.
We hope you enjoyed these Flash quotes and lines.
Let us know your favorites in the comments below.