As a member of DC’s The Justice League, The Flash is one of the most well-known superheroes. We’ve gathered our favorite Flash quotes from the 2014 CW series, The Flash.
In 2013, television comic pros, Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and David Nutter, along with DC Comics CCO, Geoff Johns got together to create an origin story for the world’s fastest superhero.
They declared that they were going to create a show around the comic book character, Barry Allen, and keep the Flash as original to the comics as possible. While it can be argued whether or not they fulfilled this promise, they have kept The Flash on air for seven seasons.
These Flash quotes will inspire you to find the greatness in your life.
Don’t forget to also check out these superhero quotes to inspire the best version of you.
The Flash quotes about being a hero
1. “Being The Flash, that’s the best version of me. If I don’t have my speed, I’ll never be that person anymore.” — Barry Allen
2. “I just never thought I’d have superpowers and feel more powerless than I ever have in my entire life.” — Barry Allen
3. “Cops always expect trouble. In this city, I expect super evil flying monsters.” — Joe West
4. “There’s a difference, Barry, between having powers and having precision.” — Oliver Queen
5. “Fighting is physics. It’s not about strength. It’s not about size. It’s about energy and power.” — Cisco Ramon
6. “It’s easy to believe in heroes. What’s hard is when our heroes stop believing in us.” — Barry Allen
7. “Sometimes, as a leader, you have to make tough calls in order to serve the greater good.” — Barry Allen
8. “Every kid dreams of being a superhero. Having powers, saving people. But no kid thinks about what it’s like to be a hero and not saving people. Truth is, not much else changes. You still hurt, you still love, you still wish and hope and fear things, and you still need people to help you with all of it. In some ways, that’s the best part.” — Barry Allen
9. “We only break the rules to save people.” — Barry Allen
Wise Flash quotes
10. “Living this life, it takes more than a mask. It takes discipline.” — Oliver Queen
11. “Good news is good news. No news is miscommunication.” — Harrison Wells
12. “I used to think that keeping secrets from people for their own good was a noble decision, that it would protect them. But when you do that, you just rob those people from making their own decisions.” — Barry Allen
13. “The best way to teach somebody something is to throw them in the deep end.” — Joe West
14. “Everybody has limits.” — Harrison Wells
15. “Sometimes the truth is the hardest lie to see through. And when you can’t put your faith in the truth, all you have left is yourself.” — Cisco Ramon
16. “Fear is what holds people back from being who they should be.” — Patty Spivot
17. “If every time you make a mistake you just rush in to fix it, you’re only gonna make things worse.” — Barry Allen
18. “A little fear can be a healthy thing. It helps you determine which risks are worth taking.” — Iris West
19. “A man does not wear another man’s face unless he understands his mind.” — Eobard Thawne
20. “Evolutionary leaps follow the creations of new technologies.” — Harrison Wells
21. “Sometimes, great possibilities are right in front of us, and we don’t see them, because we choose not to. I think that we need to be open to exploring something new.” — Barry Allen
Best Flash quotes to inspire you
22. “Everyone has a hero, someone they look up to admire, someone they just wish they could be.” — Barry Allen
23. “It’s not being a Hero it’s just doing the right thing” — Barry Allen
24. “I’ve spent my whole life searching for the impossible, never imagining that I would become the impossible.” — Barry Allen
25. “Our powers don’t decide who we are. We do.” — Barry Allen
26. “Whatever’s in store for us, they can’t change what we mean to each other. Can’t erase what’s in our hearts. As long as we hold on to that… we’ve beaten Crisis before it even begins.” — Barry Allen
27. “When you’re filled with sadness, happy thoughts are what get you through the day.” — Iris West
28. “Things aren’t always what they seem. Our fears can play tricks on us, making us afraid to change course, afraid to move on, but usually, hidden behind our fears are second chances waiting to be seized, second chances at life, at glory, at family, at love.” — Barry Allen
29. “These opportunities don’t come around every day, so when they do, we have to be brave, take a chance, and grab them while we can.” — Barry Allen
Famous Flash quotes about love
30. “I don’t choose being The Flash over being with my family. I’m The Flash for my family. And I don’t have to run to the future to understand why I sacrificed myself. I’d do it to save you, and your mom, all the people I love.” — Barry Allen
31. “That’s what a family does. They put up with each other and they put each other first, before ourselves.” — Joe West
32. “When it comes to scientific advice, mine is sometimes specious, but when it comes to affairs of the heart, well, I consider myself a genius.” — Harrison Wells
33. “Being a parent is like wearing your heart on the outside of your body.” — Iris West
34. “Family doesn’t leave family.” — Barry Allen
35. “Some people are worth being crazy for.” — Barry Allen
Flash quotes about life
36. “Guys like us don’t get the girl.” — Oliver Queen
37. “It’s a scary world. People die. Trusts are betrayed. Things change. But change can be a good thing, you know? It can bring new experiences, new opportunities, people. You can treat ’em like a potential enemy or like a new friend. Just trust that everything’s gonna be okay.” — Barry Allen
38. “Life is better if you have faith in the people around you.” —Ralph Dibny
39. “Sometimes in life, all we can do is just live with the consequences.” — Barry Allen
40. “Anger can be a powerful emotion.” — Harrison Wells
41. “Even a Ferrari needs a tune-up every once in a while.” — Caitlyn Snow
42. “Sometimes terrible things happen to us when we’re children. Things that can define who we become, whether we want them to or not.” — Barry Allen
43. “Life is tragic. But it’s also precious, and sweet, and extraordinary.” — Barry Alle
44. “Sometimes we fail because all we can worry about is not failing.” — Cisco Ramon
45. “Sometimes the only way to move forward is to revisit the things in your past that were holding you back. You have to deal with them head-on, no matter how scary they may be. Because once we do, you will see that you can go further than you ever imagined.” — Barry Allen
More Flash quotes and lines
46. “I figured if they could get 2Pac rapping again at a concert, we could definitely get The Flash running around Central City.” — Cisco Ramon
47. “Once super thieves showed up, I went mattress.” — Cisco Ramon
48. “The lightning didn’t just give me speed. It also gave me friends.” — Barry Allen
49. “When a hit man is scared, you know something’s wrong.” — Cisco Ramon
50. “If you wanted to get away you should’ve taken something faster than a train.” — Barry Allen
Did you enjoy these Flash quotes?
The Flash originated as a spin-off from CW’s other popular superhero show, Arrow. Originally, The Flash was going to backdoor off of Arrow, but the producers enjoyed Barry Allen’s character so much that they allowed the funds to create a full production pilot around his character.
However, The Flash kept many elements from its parent show, including the same creators, Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, the same costume designer, Colleen Atwood, and the same music composer, Blake Neely.
We hope you enjoyed these Flash quotes and lines. Let us know your favorites in the comments below.
May 27, 2021 7:00 AM EST