As we scroll through our social media feeds and watch the nightly news, it seems as though the world is always cloaked in chaos. At Everyday Power, we have compiled these motivational world peace quotes to encourage you to look forward to a brighter future.
What does“world peace” look like for you?
Since the beginning of time, prominent figures have tried and failed to bring world peace to fruition. From promoting education to concentrating on human rights, many have searched endlessly trying to find a way to bring peace to all. Sadly, we haven’t gotten to that point yet in our society. But, the world peace quotes below reveal that there is still hope for the future.
Read below to learn about how the world’s most intriguing minds view world peace, including visionaries, politicians, and philosophers.
World peace quotes to inspire happiness, freedom and peace
1. “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.” – Dalai Lama
2. “Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
3. “For peace to reign on earth, humans must evolve into new beings who have learned to see the whole first.” – Immanuel Kant
4. “Smiling is very important. If we are not able to smile, then the world will not have peace.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
5. “Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.” – Albert Einstein
6. “World peace can be achieved when, in each person, the power of love replaces the love of power.” – Sri Chinmoy
7. “We each possess what is needed to create peace on earth. We all know how to love, we just need to practice using that knowledge in all aspects of life.” – Lisa Prosen
8. “Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.” – Buddha
9. “Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace.” – Dalai Lama
10. “If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace.” – John Lennon
11. “I think it’s naive to pray for world peace if we’re not going to change the form in which we live.” – Godfrey Reggio
12. “To solve the problem of organizing world peace we must establish world law and order.” – Arthur Henderson
13. “If we do not work for individual transformation, talking about world peace is just entertainment.” – Jaggi Vasudev
World peace quotes to inspire service to others
14. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” – Mother Teresa
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of inspiring Mother Teresa quotes on kindness, love, and charity.
15. “On the day when we can fully trust each other, there will be peace on earth.” – L. Ron Hubbard
16. “If you want peace, you don’t talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies.” – Desmond Tutu
17. “Peace comes from being able to contribute the best that we have, and all that we are, toward creating a world that supports everyone. But it is also securing the space for others to contribute the best that they have and all that they are.” – Hafsat Abiola
18. “Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.” — Ronald Reagan
19. “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” – Dalai Lama
20. “If you have a common purpose and an environment in which people want to help others succeed, the problems will be fixed quickly.” – Alan Mulally
21. “Everyone suffers some injustice in life, and what better motivation than to help others not suffer in the same way.” – Bella Thorne
22. “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.” – Muhammad Ali
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Muhammad Ali quotes on life, love and being a champion.
23. “The most important service to others is service to those who are not like yourself.” – J. Irwin Miller
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of quotes about service about the power of serving others.
World peace quotes about inner peace
24. “To be calm is the highest achievement of the self.” – Zen proverb
25. “The measure of wisdom is how calm you are when facing any given situation.” – Naval Ravikant
26. “When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.” – Peace Pilgrim
27. “Neither seek nor avoid, take what comes.” – Swami Vivekananda
28. “Peace only comes from accepting the inevitable and taming our desires.” – The Ancient Sage
29. “Remain calm in every situation because peace equals power.” – Joyce Meyer
30. “Don’t hope that events will turn out the way you want, welcome events in whichever way they happen: this is the path to peace.” – Epictetus
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Epictetus quotes that will make you think.
31. “Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.” – Christian D. Larson
32. “Anyone who enjoys inner peace is no more broken by failure than he is inflated by success.” – Matthieu Ricard
33. “They call it “peace of mind” but maybe it should be called “peace from mind”.” – Naval Ravikant
34. “Inner peace is like a clean and spacious room, empty of unnecessary, old, or broken stuff.” – Remez Sasson
35. “Inner peace is when you do what’s right and let go of the rest.” – Maxime Lagacé
36. “Inner peace is beyond victory or defeat.” – Bhagavad Gita
37. “Forgiveness equals inner peace – more peaceful people equals more world peace.” – Richard Branson
38. “If you’ve got a world full of people who have inner peace, then you have a peaceful world.” – Wayne W. Dyer
World peace quotes to inspire kindness
39. “Happiness and peace will come to earth only as the light of love and human compassion enter the souls of men.” – David O. McKay
40. “Compassionate people are geniuses in the art of living, more necessary to the dignity, security, and joy of humanity than the discoverers of knowledge.” – Albert Einstein
41. “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” – Lao Tzu
42. “Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
43. “If you have the chance to be exposed to a loving, understanding environment where the seed of compassion, loving kindness, can be watered every day, then you become a more loving person.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
44. “Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.” – Albert Schweitzer
45. “It’s also selfish because it makes you feel good when you help others. I’ve been helped by acts of kindness from strangers. That’s why we’re here, after all, to help others.” – Carol Burnett
46. “We have to be active about kindness and about peace. I’ve always fantasized that it would be great if there was a Department of Peace.” – Dave Matthews
47. “Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind.” – Eric Hoffer
48. “One who knows how to show and to accept kindness will be a friend better than any possession.” – Sophocles
49. “You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.” – Publilius Syrus
50. “If you have an impulse to kindness, act on it.” – Douglas Coupland
Do you believe that world peace is possible?
At times, it seems as though world peace is something that Earth will never achieve. But I believe that achieving world peace lies in the little moment of kindness we have with another human being.
Peace is giving up your seat to someone in need on the bus. Peace is paying for the coffee of the person standing behind you in line. Peace is being open to listening to the problems of a friend in need. If we never stop believing in the power of those little moments, I believe that one day, world peace will become our reality.
Which of these inspirational world peace quotes touched your heart? Are you planning to share it on social media? Let me know in the comments section below!