These world peace quotes will help you understand what world peace means.
As we scroll through our social media feeds and watch the nightly news, the world appears cloaked in chaos.
At Everyday Power, we have compiled these motivational world peace quotes to encourage you to look forward to a brighter future.
Share your favorite quote from the list with us in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these world peace quotes?
Since the beginning of time, prominent figures have tried and failed to bring world peace to fruition.
From promoting education to concentrating on human rights, many have searched endlessly, trying to bring peace to all.
Sadly, we haven’t gotten to that point yet in our society.
But, the world peace quotes below reveal that there is still hope for the future.
What do you think of when you consider world peace?
How does the world look to you?
Learn about how the world’s most intriguing minds view world peace, including:
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
World peace quotes to inspire happiness, freedom, and peace
1. “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.” – Dalai Lama
2. “To solve the problem of organizing world peace we must establish world law and order.” – Arthur Henderson
3. “On the day when we can fully trust each other, there will be peace on earth.” – L. Ron Hubbard
4. “If you want peace, you don’t talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies.” – Desmond Tutu
5. “Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.” — Ronald Reagan
6. “Smiling is very important. If we are not able to smile, then the world will not have peace.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
7. “Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.” – Albert Einstein
8. “Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.” – Buddha
9. “Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace.” – Dalai Lama
10. “If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace.” – John Lennon
You will also enjoy our article on military quotes.
World peace quotes to inspire service to others
11. “I think it’s naive to pray for world peace if we’re not going to change the form in which we live.” – Godfrey Reggio
12. “Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
13. “If we do not work for individual transformation, talking about world peace is just entertainment.” – Jaggi Vasudev
14. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” – Mother Teresa
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of inspiring Mother Teresa quotes on kindness, love, and charity.
15. “World peace can be achieved when, in each person, the power of love replaces the love of power.” – Sri Chinmoy
16. “We each possess what is needed to create peace on earth. We all know how to love, we just need to practice using that knowledge in all aspects of life.” – Lisa Prosen
17. “Peace comes from being able to contribute the best that we have, and all that we are, toward creating a world that supports everyone. But it is also securing the space for others to contribute the best that they have and all that they are.” – Hafsat Abiola
18. “For peace to reign on earth, humans must evolve into new beings who have learned to see the whole first.” – Immanuel Kant
19. “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” – Dalai Lama
20. “If you have a common purpose and an environment in which people want to help others succeed, the problems will be fixed quickly.” – Alan Mulally
21. “Everyone suffers some injustice in life, and what better motivation than to help others not suffer in the same way.” – Bella Thorne
22. “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.” – Muhammad Ali
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Muhammad Ali quotes on life, love and being a champion.
23. “The most important service to others is service to those who are not like yourself.” – J. Irwin Miller
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of quotes about service about the power of serving others.
World peace quotes about inner peace
24. “To be calm is the highest achievement of the self.” – Zen proverb
25. “The measure of wisdom is how calm you are when facing any given situation.” – Naval Ravikant
26. “When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.” – Peace Pilgrim
27. “Neither seek nor avoid, take what comes.” – Swami Vivekananda
28. “Peace only comes from accepting the inevitable and taming our desires.” – The Ancient Sage
29. “Remain calm in every situation because peace equals power.” – Joyce Meyer
30. “Don’t hope that events will turn out the way you want, welcome events in whichever way they happen: this is the path to peace.” – Epictetus
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Epictetus quotes that will make you think.
31. “Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.” – Christian D. Larson
32. “Anyone who enjoys inner peace is no more broken by failure than he is inflated by success.” – Matthieu Ricard
33. “They call it “peace of mind” but maybe it should be called “peace from mind”.” – Naval Ravikant
34. “Inner peace is like a clean and spacious room, empty of unnecessary, old, or broken stuff.” – Remez Sasson
35. “Inner peace is when you do what’s right and let go of the rest.” – Maxime Lagacé
36. “Inner peace is beyond victory or defeat.” – Bhagavad Gita
37. “Forgiveness equals inner peace – more peaceful people equals more world peace.” – Richard Branson
38. “If you’ve got a world full of people who have inner peace, then you have a peaceful world.” – Wayne W. Dyer
World peace quotes to inspire kindness
39. “Happiness and peace will come to earth only as the light of love and human compassion enter the souls of men.” – David O. McKay
40. “Compassionate people are geniuses in the art of living, more necessary to the dignity, security, and joy of humanity than the discoverers of knowledge.” – Albert Einstein
41. “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” – Lao Tzu
42. “Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
43. “If you have the chance to be exposed to a loving, understanding environment where the seed of compassion, loving kindness, can be watered every day, then you become a more loving person.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
44. “Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.” – Albert Schweitzer
45. “It’s also selfish because it makes you feel good when you help others. I’ve been helped by acts of kindness from strangers. That’s why we’re here, after all, to help others.” – Carol Burnett
46. “We have to be active about kindness and about peace. I’ve always fantasized that it would be great if there was a Department of Peace.” – Dave Matthews
47. “Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind.” – Eric Hoffer
48. “One who knows how to show and to accept kindness will be a friend better than any possession.” – Sophocles
49. “You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.” – Publilius Syrus
50. “If you have an impulse to kindness, act on it.” – Douglas Coupland
Other world peace quotes and sayings
51. “Everyone loves everyone and hates none.” – Debasish Mridha
52. “Be the harmony in the melody echoing in the heart of humanity.” – Abhijit Naskar
53. “Bringing peace to your own life adds peace in the world.” – Carol ‘CC’ Miller
54. “If you want inner peace, unconditionally forgive everyone. If you want world peace, be an example and love everyone.” – Debasish Mridha
55. “Be good. Be kind to each other. And if there’s somebody you love, tell them. The world always needs more love.” – Mira Grant
56. “For a beautiful peaceful world, one must abandon all notions of otherness and instead embrace togetherness.” – Suzy Kassem
57. “Don’t Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold.” – Bob Marley
58. “I am for true world peace and building a beautiful global garden for our children.” – Suzy Kassem
59. “By dedicating ourselves to peace, understanding, kindness and compassion, we do our part to heal the world.” – Laurence Overmire
60. “Remember your humanity, and forget the rest.” – Bertrand Russell
More world peace quotes for your next essay
61. “Though force can protect in emergency, only justice, fairness, consideration and cooperation can finally lead men to the dawn of eternal peace.” – Pres. Dwight Eisenhower
62. “The very first step in nonviolence is that we cultivate in our daily life, as between ourselves, truthfulness, humility, tolerance, loving kindness.” – Mahatma Gandhi
63. “Peace does not rest in the charters and covenants alone. It lies in the hearts and minds of all people. So let us not rest all our hopes on parchment and on paper, let us strive to build peace, a desire for peace, a willingness to work for peace in the hearts and minds of all of our people. I believe that we can. I believe the problems of human destiny are not beyond the reach of human beings.” – John F. Kennedy
64. “We’ve got one word for Peace…. We don’t have enough words to accurately describe all the different types of peace. I think it was Socrates who once said `if you don’t have a word to describe something, then how can you think about it’.” – Steve Killelea
65. “If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.” – Nelson Mandela
66. “No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.” – Nelson Mandela
67. “Peace does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day.” – Priest Henri Nouwen
68. “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” – Elizabeth Cady Stanton
69. “By peace we mean the capacity to transform conflicts with empathy, without violence, and creatively- a never-ending process.” – Johan Galtung
70. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
Thought-provoking world peace quotes
71. “World peace. I know it’s a big ask, but I really really really want it.” – Annie Murphy
72. “Let us not deceive ourselves; we must elect world peace or world destruction.” – Bernard Baruch
73. “World Peace Day is envisioned to become a moment of global unity – it is up to each and every one of us to make this a reality.” – Jeremy Gilley
74. “We must see that peace represents a sweeter music, a cosmic melody, that is far superior to the discords of war.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
75. “No two leaves are alike, and yet there is no antagonism between them or between the branches on which they grow.” – Mathama Gandhi
76. “It is not enough to say we must not wage war. It is necessary to love peace and sacrifice for it.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
77. “I was once asked why I don’t participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I’ll be there.” – Mother Teresa
78. “It’s only God who gives you peace and rest.” – Greta Zwaan, Guidances
79. “If we want more healing and peace in the world, let us each start with our homes, our relationships, our mindsets, and ourselves.” – Lisa J. Shultz
80. “Peace is always beautiful.” – Walt Whitman
Popular world peace quotes for Everyday Life
81. “Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.” — President John F. Kennedy
82. “Learning to distance yourself from all the negativity is one of the greatest lessons to achieve inner peace.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
83. “Love is the purest form of a soul at peace.” ― Matthew Donnelly
84. “If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else.” ― Marvin Gaye
85. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” — Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
86. “I do not want the peace which passeth understanding, I want the understanding which bringeth peace.” ― Helen Keller
87. “Of all our dreams today, there is none more important—or so hard to realize—than that of peace in the world.” — Lester B. Pearson
88. “You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.” — Malcolm X
89. “If there’s no inner peace, people can’t give it to you. The husband can’t give it to you. Your children can’t give it to you. You have to give it to you.” — Linda Evans
90. “Choose. The single clenched fist lifted and ready, or the open hand, held out and waiting. Choose: For we meet by one or the other.” — Carl Sandburg
World peace quotes that show it has to start within
91. “Only insofar as I remain in harmony can I draw others into harmony, and so much more harmony is needed before the world can find peace.” –Peace Pilgrim
92. “When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.” –Jimi Hendrix
93. “World peace, like community peace, does not require that each man love his neighbor – it requires only that they live together with mutual tolerance, submitting their disputes to a just and peaceful settlement.” –John F. Kennedy
94. “World peace is one project that we have to do together.” –Yoko Ono
95. “It isn’t enough to talk about peace, one must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it, one must work at it.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
96. “There will be no peace in the world until there is peace in our hearts.” -Marianne Williamson
97. “It is not the world that needs peace, it is people. When people in the world are at peace within, the world will be at peace.” –Prem Rawat
98. “If we are to reach real peace in the world, we will have to begin with the children.” –Mahatma Gandhi
99. “World peace is not something that can be realized simply by politicians signing treaties, or by business leaders creating economic cooperation. True and lasting peace will be realized only by forging bonds of trust between people at the deepest level, in the depths of their very lives.” –Daisaku Ikeda
100. “Peace begins with a smile.” ― Mother Teresa
Short World Peace Quotes To Show Peace Begins With Oneself
101. “Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me.” ― Seymour Miller
102. “Achieving world peace, or peace on Earth requires a strong emphasis on knowledge, openness, freedom of information and dialogue.” ― Oscar Auliq-Ice
103. “First make peace inside yourself.” ― Nick Nolte
104. “Give me accountability, I’ll give you peace.” ― Abhijit Naskar
105. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
106. “World peace stays a dream and is impossible until the veto power holders become unable to practice veto-dragon since that causes injustice, wars, and destruction.” ― Ehsan Sehgal
107. “World peace starts with the Creator – Jesus.” ― Mary Kate
108. “Without changing one’s self, without peace in one’s self, world peace is not possible.” ― Dalai Lama
109. “The most important thing in my father’s life? World peace. Me and my brother. My mom.” ― Sean Lennon
110. “Individual peace is the unit of world peace.” ― David Lynch
World Peace Quotes To Make Peace With Yourself
111. “Peace at home, peace in the world.” ― Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
112. “We are going to have peace even if we have to fight for it.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
113. “Nobody can bring you peace but yourself.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
114. “Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
115. “True peace is not merely the absence of tension: it is the presence of justice.” ― Martin Luther King, Jr.
116. “Our work for peace must begin within the private world of each one of us.” ― Dag Hammarskjold
117. “Work joyfully and peacefully, knowing that right thoughts and right efforts inevitably bring about right results.” ― James Allen
118. “To reach peace, teach peace.” ― Pope John Paul II
119. “Peace requires the simple but powerful recognition that what we have in common as human beings is more important and crucial than what divides us.” ― Sargent Shriver
120. “There can never be peace between nations until there is first known that true peace which is within the souls of men.” ― Black Elk
Do you believe that world peace is possible?
It appears world peace is something that Earth will never achieve.
But I believe that achieving world peace lies in the little moment of kindness we have with another human being.
Peace is giving up your seat to someone in need on the bus.
Peace is paying for the coffee of the person standing behind you in line.
Peace is being open to listening to the problems of a friend in need.
If we never stop believing in the power of those little moments, I believe that one day, world peace will become our reality.
Which of these inspirational world peace quotes touched your heart?
Are you planning to share it on social media?
Let me know in the comments section below!
November 2, 2022 12:53 AM EST