Patrick Bateman Quotes From the Fictional Serial Killer
January 27, 2023 2:10 AM EST
If you like a good villain, you will enjoy these Patrick Bateman quotes!
Novelist Bret Easton Ellis created the fictional character Patrick Bateman for his novel, The Rules of Attraction.
Bateman has since appeared in additional novels and multiple movies and television shows.
Bateman is a wealthy, spoiled, materialistic psychopath that is an investment banker on Wall Street during his everyday life but leads a secret life as a sadistic serial killer.
He grew up in a wealthy family and attended and graduated from Harvard College and Harvard Business School before he moved to New York City for his Wall Street job.
Bateman is very materialistic and only owns the best clothes, food, art, and entertainment items.
He looks down on others who cannot or do not surround themselves with the same materialistic lifestyles.
Patrick Bateman struggles with his self-esteem and the desire to impress others, so he puts on a front with his wealth and looks.
Check out these Patrick Bateman quotes to learn more about this horrifying character!
You will also enjoy our article on American Psycho quotes.
Dark Patrick Bateman Quotes
Patrick is a dark and scary character, as evidenced by the following quotes.
1. “I’ve Killed A Lot Of People.” – Patrick Bateman
2. “I’m into, uh, well, murders and executions, mostly.” – Patrick Bateman
3. “I think if you stay, something bad will happen. I think I might hurt you.” – Patrick Bateman
4. “I killed Paul Allen. And I liked it.” – Patrick Bateman
5. “This is true: the world is better off with some people gone.” – Patrick Bateman
6. “If you don’t shut your f…..g mouth, I will kill you.” – Patrick Bateman
7. “I Need To Engage In Homicidal Behavior on A Massive Scale.” – Patrick Bateman
8. “My Pain Is Constant And Sharp, And I Do Not Wish For A Better World For Anyone.” – Patrick Bateman
9. “Reflection is useless; the world is senseless. Evil is its only permanence.” – Patrick Bateman
10. “You’re a fucking ugly b…h. I want to stab you to death and then play around with your blood.” – Patrick Bateman
The Most Memorable Patrick Bateman Quotes
Check out some of the most memorable quotes from Patrick Bateman.
11. “I like to dissect girls. Did you know I’m utterly insane?” – Patrick Bateman
12. “I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.” – Patrick Bateman
13. “Pumpkin, you’re dating the biggest dickweed in New York.” – Patrick Bateman
14. “Did you know that Ted Bundy’s first dog, a collie, was named Lassie?” – Patrick Bateman
15. “I have a lunch meeting with Cliff Huxtable at the Four Seasons in 20 minutes.” – Patrick Bateman
16. “Definitely weak, but I have a feeling that if we do enough of it we’ll be okay.” – Patrick Bateman
17. “Well, actually, that’s none of your business, Christie. But I can assure you, it certainly wasn’t cheap.” – Patrick Bateman
18. “My need to engage in homicidal behaviour on a massive scale cannot be corrected but, uh, I have no other way to fulfill my needs.” – Patrick Bateman
19. “I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape.” – Patrick Bateman
20. “She’s barely gained consciousness, and when she sees me, standing over her, I can imagine that my virtual absence of humanity fills her with mind-bending horror.” – Patrick Bateman
How Does Patrick Bateman Choose His Victims
Although Bateman is engaged and has one mistress, he often visits prostitutes or picks up women in clubs, where he chooses them as his victims.
He also preys on homeless people or even coworkers.
Bateman is insecure, frequently killing men if he feels inferior and killing women for sadistic sexual pleasure.
Share these Patrick Bateman quotes and sayings with any of your friends that enjoy a scary villain, and post any comments in the comment section below.