Whether you’re just falling in love or dealing with your first heartbreak, dating is an experience that we’re all familiar with. At Everyday Power, we have compiled these relatable dating quotes sharing experiences and lessons learned from people all around the globe.
When was the first time you fell in love?
No matter what you are dealing with, it can be difficult to find a perspective that you can relate to. Today, we are diving into dating from a variety of perspectives including falling in love, online dating, and dealing with heartbreak. We’re here to remind you that you’re not alone. We’re all looking for love in some way.
Check out the dating quotes listed below to take a peek into the ups and downs of dating.
If you’re a guy reading this, don’t forget to also check out these girlfriend quotes to share with your partner.
Dating quotes about the definition of dating
1. “Dating is about finding out who you are and who others are. If you show up in a masquerade outfit, neither is going to happen.” – Henry Cloud
2. “In its purest form, dating is auditioning for mating (and auditioning means we may or may not get the part).” – Joy Browne
3. “Everybody knows the pressure of a first date: Searching for that perfect outfit. Hunting for ways to be engaging. Dissecting each detail when it’s over to check for mistakes. Dating can make even the most confident person lose his cool.” – Kelly Starling
4. “Dating should be less about matching outward circumstances than meeting your inner necessity.” – Mark Amend
5. “Dating an ex is the equivalent of failing a test you already had the answers to.” – Kendrick Cole
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of ex quotes to help you make the most out of your break-up.
6. “Dating is different when you get older. You’re not as trusting, or as eager to get back out there and expose yourself to someone.” – Toni Braxton
7. “Date someone because you already see a future, not because you want to see if you would work out.” – Sarah Moores
8. “Dating now is a lot like going shopping when you don’t have any money. Even if you find the right thing, you can’t do anything about it.” – Joshua Harris
9. “Dating is all about the chase. It’s fun!” – Lauren Conrad
10. “Basically, dating is like climbing a volcano and you never know when it’s going to erupt, dumping molten lava and burning you.” – Robin Bielman
Dating quotes about falling in love
11. “First best is falling in love. Second best is being in love. Least best is falling out of love. But any of it is better than never having been in love.” – Maya Angelou
12. “There’s a big difference between falling in love and being in love. There’s a big difference between infatuation and falling in love.” – Phil McGraw
13. “You can’t blame gravity for falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
14. “You can’t strategize falling in love, can you? It’s never worked. People love you the most and set you up, and it doesn’t work because you can’t predict these things. You fall in love serially.” – Meryl Streep
15. “I always had a penchant for falling in love. Every time I found myself without a mate, I fell into a state of low-sizzling panic.” – Jane Fonda
16. “Falling in love is terrible. It makes you act foolish, like an idiot.” – Lemmy
17. “Falling in love consists merely in uncorking the imagination and bottling the common sense.” – Helen Rowland
18. “Falling in love. Being in love. It’s something I dream of, something I want to feel.” – Jazz Jennings
19. “Falling in love is a narcissistic endeavor. You play the role of lover, and you find someone to act it out on.” – Ryan Gosling
20. “We never get enough of falling in love and believing in love.” – Shemar Moore
21. “There’s nothing wrong with falling in love and sharing your life with someone.” – Lily James
22. “All love stories are tales of beginnings. When we talk about falling in love, we go to the beginning, to pinpoint the moment of freefall.” – Meghan O’Rourke
You might also like these beautiful true love quotes for the hopeless romantic.
Dating quotes about heartbreak
23. “There is so much hurt in this game of searching for a mate, of testing, trying. And you realize suddenly that you forgot it was a game, and turn away in tears.” – Sylvia Plath
24. “When you go through heartbreak, you just do the things that get you by. Eventually, you realize it’s about making the most of life.” – Britney Spears
25. “You can’t fast-forward heartbreak, and you can’t rewind love – and that’s just one big bummer.” – Chelsea Handler
26. “When you have heartbreak, what’s important is that you don’t go halfway. Go all the way down. Don’t take pills that keep you in limbo. Cry out all the feelings. Then your own energy for life will put you up again. You become stronger.” – Marina Abramovic
27. “I think heartbreak is something that you learn to live with as opposed to learn to forget.” – Kate Winslet
28. “Especially with grief and heartbreak, you can go through these things and think, ‘I will never be whole again.’” – Adam Silvera
29. “Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake and help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.” – Mandy Hale
30. “You’ll get through this. And I know it’s impossible to believe right now, but it gets better. Trust me.” – Susane Colasanti
31. “Blessed are those with cracks in their broken heart because that is how the light gets in.” – Shannon L. Alder
32. “You were only meant to be a stepping stone on my journey across the sea.” – Sara Secora
33. “It took me a long time and a lot of heartache to realize that just because you love someone doesn’t mean they deserve it.” – Steve Maraboli
34. “Don’t allow someone not worth it to have the power to occupy your thoughts. If they don’t find you worth the effort or the time, why should you waste yours?” – Donna Lynn Hope
Dating quotes about finding a soulmate
35. “The soulmate is what we aspire to and like to understand about ourself, is what we deem to be perfection, purity, and endless love.” – Sorin Cerin
36. “A bond between souls is ancient – older than the planet.” – Dianna Hardy
37. “Soul mates are muses. The people in your life you despise, disrespect and desire the most.” – Coco J. Ginger
38. “True love is finding your soulmate in your best friend.” – Faye Hall
39. “Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.” – Richard Bach
40. “Soulmates are those that we’ve known many lifetimes, have had many karmic contracts with, and with whom we have resolved conflicts. Marriage partners may or may not be soul mates, though they will be a soul contract. With true soul mates, there is no struggle. What’s left over is love.” – Karen M. Black
41. “A soulmate is someone who you could spend a great deal of time with just sitting on a sofa and feel happy. You don’t need fanfare. You don’t need to go out to expensive restaurants.” – Karen Salmansohn
42. “The idea of a soulmate is beautiful and very romantic to talk about it in a movie or a song, but in reality, I find it scary.” – Vanessa Paradis
43. “You need a lot of luck to find people with whom you want to spend the rest of your life. Some people manage to find their soulmate. Others don’t. I think love is like a lottery.” – Kylie Minogue
44. “I’ve learned that there’s a soulmate somewhere in this world. Till you don’t find that person, the search goes on.” – Preity Zinta
45. “It’s naive to think there is a woman in the world who isn’t brought up to believe that they are waiting for their soulmate. You even see it in Disney.” – Janet McTeer
Internet dating quotes
46. “Internet dating is the fastest, most efficient way to gather a pool of qualified candidates. It could take you a lifetime to do the investigation that the computer comes up within seconds.” – Judsen Culbreth
47. “Online dating is just as murky and full of lemons as finding a used car in the classifieds. Once you learn the lingo, it’s easier to spot the models with high mileage and no warranty.” – Laurie Perry
48. “Your goal in an online dating profile and in your first message to somebody is to strike up a conversation.” – Sam Yagan
49. “I’ve got mates who have got married through meeting on Internet dating sites, so it really can work out – even if sometimes it does go disastrously wrong.” – Sheridan Smith
50. “What online dating did was offer me the opportunity to go out with a bunch of different people from different industries; I really didn’t want to limit myself with people who are in the entertainment industry.” – Essence Atkins
What’s your most memorable first date?
Describing your romantic feelings can be difficult. There’s often a mixture of emotions happening at one time. The dating quotes above illustrate dozens of people trying to do just that to provide much-needed advice to those who need it most.
If you know someone who is dealing with the lovey-dovey blues, send them one of the quotes above. A quick text can give them a boost of motivation and encourage them to keep their heart open.
Which of these dating quotes and sayings is your favorite? Did we miss out on one? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.