Paul Bear Bryant Quotes
Our latest collection of Paul Bear Bryant quotes on Everyday Power.
1. “A few minutes ago, I had a hard time getting through the lobby because of all the people. After today, that won’t be happening.” – Paul Bryant
2. “A good, quick, small team can beat a big, slow team anytime.” – Paul Bryant
3. “All I know is, I don’t want to stop coaching, and I don’t want to stop winning, so we’re gonna break the record unless I die.” – Paul Bryant
4. “Be aware of “yes” men. Generally, they are losers. Surround yourself with winners. Never forget –people win.” – Paul Bryant
5. “Don’t give up at halftime. Concentrate on winning the second half.” – Paul Bryant
6. “Don’t talk too much or too soon.” – Paul Bryant
7. “Every time a player goes out there, at least 20 people have some amount of influence on him. His mother has more influence than anyone. I know because I played, and I loved my mama.” – Paul Bryant
8. “Everybody’s got pretty good players now, more players than there’ve ever been. If you play poorly, you’re going to get beat.” – Paul Bryant
9. “First there are those who are winners, and know they are winners. Then there are the losers who know they are losers. Then there are those who are not winners, but don’t know it. They’re the ones for me. They never quit trying. They’re the soul of our game.” – Paul Bryant
10. “Football games are generally won by the boys with the greatest desire.” – Paul Bryant
11. “Hell, no! A tie is like kissing your sister!” – Paul Bryant
12. “I ain’t never had much fun. I ain’t never been two inches away from a football. Here guys go fishing on the day of the game, hunting, golfing, and all I want to do is be alone, studying how not to lose.”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of fishing quotes that will make you want to head out on the water.
13. “I ain’t won but one. My team won the rest in spite of me.” – Paul Bryant
14. “I can reach a kid who doesn’t have any ability as long as he doesn’t know it.” – Paul Bryant
15. “I didn’t care if we ever quit practicing. I loved it. The only other guy I ever knew who loved it as much was Jerry Duncan. He would beg to practice even when he was hurt. I’ve actually seen him cry because the trainer told him he couldn’t scrimmage.” – Paul Bryant
16. “I don’t have any ideas; my coaches have them. I just pass the ideas on and referee the arguments.” – Paul Bryant
17. “I don’t hire anybody not brighter than I am. If they’re not smarter than me, I don’t need them.” – Paul Bryant
18. “I have tried to teach them to show class, to have pride, and to display character. I think football, winning games, takes care of itself if you do that.” – Paul Bryant
What other Paul Bryant quotes would you add to the list?
April 27, 2015 12:00 AM EST