The story of a cynical grump who goes on a mission to steal Christmas, these Grinch quotes will get you in the holiday spirit.
The Grinch has been a holiday staple since he first appeared in Dr. Seuss’ 1957 children’s book How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
Since then, it has been made into a movie starring Jim Carrey and an animated movie voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch.
The character has been portrayed by many other actors, including Boris Karloff, Hans Conried, Bob Holt, Anthony Asbury, Rik Mayall, Matthew Morrison and David Howard Thornton.
Share your favorite Grinch quote with us in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these Grinch quotes?
Whether you watch it or read it, it’s pretty hard to imagine Christmas without The Grinch.
It’s even become a term we can call any unfestive person or anyone who exhibits Grinchy behavior.
Check out these Grinch quotes from the book and both movies.
These Grinch quotes will help you remember some very important things:
- we cannot buy the meaning of Christmas
- redemption is possible when you make better choices
- everyone needs love and community
Then go grab the kids and read the book, or make some cocoa and snuggle on the couch while re-watching the films!
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Jim Carrey’s Funniest Grinch Quotes
1. “Oh. Bleeding hearts of the world UNITE.” – Jim Carrey
You will also enjoy our article on hate quotes.
2. “One man’s toxic sludge is another man’s potpourri.” – Jim Carrey
You will also enjoy our article on Toy Story quotes.
3. “I could hang myself with all the bad Christmas neckties I found at the dump.” – Jim Carrey
You will also enjoy our article on happy holidays quotes.
4. “Hate, hate, hate. Hate, hate, hate. Double Hate. Loathe entirely!” – Jim Carrey
You will also enjoy our article on dr seuss quotes.
5. “Blast this Christmas music. It’s joyful and triumphant.” – Jim Carrey
You will also enjoy our article on merry christmas quotes.
6. “For fifty-three years, Christmas has brought me nothing but misery. I know just what to do. I become Santa Clause to steal their Christmas. If he could deliver it one night, then I can steal it.” – Jim Carrey
You will also enjoy our article on taken quotes.
7. “The avarice never ends! “I want golf clubs. I want diamonds. I want a pony so I can ride it twice, get bored and sell it to make glue.” – Jim Carrey
You will also enjoy our article on othello quotes.
8. “And they’ll feast, feast, feast, feast. They’ll eat their Who-Pudding and rare Who-Roast Beast. But that’s something I just cannot stand in the least. Oh, no. I’M SPEAKING IN RHYME!” – Jim Carrey
You will also enjoy our article on jewelry quotes.
9. “That’s what it’s all about, isn’t it? That’s what it’s always been about. Gifts, gifts… gifts, gifts, gifts, gifts, gifts! You wanna know what happens to your gifts? They all come to me. In your garbage. You see what I’m saying? In your garbage.” – Jim Carrey
You will also enjoy our article on introduction quotes 2.
10. “4:00, wallow in self-pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one; 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me—I can’t cancel that again; 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing… I’m booked.” – Jim Carrey
You will also enjoy our article on famous movie quotes.
11. “What’s that stench? It’s fantastic.” – Jim Carrey
You will also enjoy our article on christmas movies.
12. “And then all the noise. All the noise, noise, noise, NOISE! They’ll bang on tong-tinglers, blow their foo-flounders, they’ll crash on jang-jinglers, and bounce on boing-bounders!” – Jim Carrey
You will also enjoy our article on swimming quotes.
13. “Oh, the Who-manity.” – Jim Carrey
You might also like these National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation quotes from the holiday comedy.
Grinch quotes: the things The Grinch says to Max
14. “Max, grab a bag. We’ll come back for the rest. Of course when I say “we” I mean “you.” – Jim Carrey
You will also enjoy our article on Their Eyes Were Watching God quotes.
15. “That is not a chew toy. You have no idea where it’s been.” – Jim Carrey
16. “I tell you, Max, I don’t know why I ever leave this place. I’ve got all the company I need right here.” – Jim Carrey
17. “Give me that! Don’t you know you’re not supposed to take things that don’t belong to you?” – Jim Carrey
18. “Well done, Max! Serves them right, those yuletide-loving…sickly-sweet, nog-sucking cheer mongers! I really don’t like ’em. Mm-mm. No, I don’t.” – Jim Carrey
19. “Those Whos are hard to frazzle, Max. But, we did our worst, and that’s all that matters.” – Jim Carrey
20. “Beautiful, isn’t it, Max? This, my little friend, is the Rein-Horn. It perfectly recreates the mating call of the reindeer. Behold.” – Benedict Cumberbatch
21. “Today was great! We did mean things, and we did them in style.” – Benedict Cumberbatch
Also, check out our list of The Handmaid’s Tale quotes.
Classic Grinch quotes from the book
22. “And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled ’till his puzzler was sore.” – Dr. Suess
23. “Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas…perhaps…means a little bit more?” – Dr. Suess
24. “The ribbons! The wrappings! The tags! And the tinsel! The trimmings! The trappings!” – Dr. Suess
25. “Pop guns! And bicycles! Roller skates! Drums! Checkerboards! Tricycles! Popcorn! And plums! And he stuffed them in bags. Then the Grinch, very nimbly, stuffed all the bags, one by one, up the chimbley!” – Dr. Suess
Don’t forget to also read these Bad Santa quotes from the non-classic Christmas movie.
Which of these Grinch quotes is your favorite?
Have a happy holiday! Remember, don’t be a Grinch.
The true meaning of the holidays can get lost under all the “gifts, gifts, gifts” and “noise, noise, noise,” but try to keep in mind that Christmas doesn’t come from a store.
Young or old, the lessons learned in the Grinch can be kept in our hearts year after year.
The retelling of this story helps teach future generations that maybe, the meaning of Christmas “is something a little more.”
Did you enjoy these memorable Grinch quotes?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below, and don’t forget to share these Grinch quotes on social media.
November 9, 2022 5:29 AM EST