These amazing Prince quotes will inspire you to follow your dreams.
Prince Rogers Nelson, better known simply as Prince, was an iconic singer, songwriter, and performer. Some of Prince’s most famous hits from the 1980s include Purple Rain and Kiss. These inspiring quotes from Prince will motivate you to follow your passions and achieve your dreams.
What’s your favorite hit by Prince?
As a legendary Grammy winner and a beloved celebrity, Prince has a unique perspective regarding the music industry. These Prince quotes will open your mind to the world of fame, fashion, and creativity.
Reading this collection of Prince quotes is a great way to honor his extraordinary legacy. If you’re a fan of this talented musician, you’ll love these inspirational sayings and lines.
The singer Prince was an influential trendsetter that changed the world. His words and lyrics continue to inspire millions of people all across the globe today. Share these Prince quotes with your friends and family to keep his memory alive.
Don’t forget to also read these Michael Jackson quotes about life, music and dreams.
Prince quotes to honor his extraordinary legacy
1. “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life.” – Prince
2. “Always cry for love, never cry for pain.” – Prince
3. “I had a massive ego. Massive. But that’s not such a bad thing. Because at least you’re aspiring to be something, you consider yourself great because you want to be great.” – Prince
4. “Despite everything, no one can dictate who you are to other people.” – Prince
5. “Everyone has their own experience. That’s why we are here, to go through our experience, to learn, to go down those paths and eventually you may have gone down so many paths and learned so much that you don’t have to come back again.” – Prince
6. “A strong spirit transcends rules.” – Prince
7. “Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is beautiful.” – Prince
8. “Time is a mind construct. It’s not real.” – Prince
9. “I don’t really care so much what people say about me because it usually is a reflection of who they are.” – Prince
10. “To create something from nothing is one of the greatest feelings, and I would – I don’t know, I wish it upon everybody. It’s heaven.” – Prince
Prince quotes that will motivate you to follow your dreams
11. “If you lend your consciousness to someone else, you’re a robot.” – Prince
12. “When you sit down to write something, there should be no guidelines. The main idea is not supposed to be, ‘How many different ways can we sell it?’ That’s so far away from the true spirit of what music is.” – Prince
13. “Sometimes it takes years for a person to become an overnight success.” – Prince
14. “I don’t live in the past. I don’t play my old records for that reason. I make a statement, then move on to the next.” – Prince
15. “Art is about building a new foundation, not just laying something on top of what’s already there.” – Prince
16. “Instead of hate, celebrate.” – Prince
17. “The music, for me, doesn’t come on a schedule. I don’t know when it’s going to come, and when it does, I want it out.” – Prince
18. “There are people who are unhappy with everything.” – Prince
19. “I always knew I had a relationship with God. But I wasn’t sure God had a relationship with me.” – Prince
20. “Sometimes ideas are coming so fast that I have to stop doing one song to get another. But I don’t forget the first one. If it works, it will always be there. It’s like the truth: it will find you and lift you up. And if it ain’t right, it will dissolve like sand on the beach.” – Prince
You might also like these motivational Whitney Houston quotes that will inspire your journey to greatness.
Prince quotes to open your mind to the world of fame, fashion, and creativity
21. “Music is real. It affects people; it’s real.” – Prince
22. “Like books and black lives, albums still matter.” – Prince
23. “I’ve always understood the two to be intertwined: sexuality and spirituality. That never changed.” – Prince
24. “Music is music, ultimately. If it makes you feel good, cool.” – Prince
25. “Hip-hop is very diverse, but if you only focus on one aspect of it, then what you get is this image of Black America that is completely contrary to what actually goes on.” – Prince
26. “In the tech-savvy, real-time world we all live in today, everything is faster.” – Prince
27. “Everyone has a rock bottom.” – Prince
28. “I want to make heart decisions in business. If you can’t do that, you’re not free. I want to be able to dictate which way I’m going to go.” – Prince
29. “There’s a dark side to everything.” – Prince
30. “It gets embarrassing to say something untrue because you put it online and everyone knows about it, so it’s better to tell the truth.” – Prince
Prince quotes to keep his memory alive
31. “When you don’t talk down to your audience, then they can grow with you.” – Prince
32. “I don’t want anyone to fail, so if you can make money off music even though you can’t sing or dance, that’s genius.” – Prince
33. “When you wake up, each day looks the same, so each day should be a new beginning.” – Prince
34. “I ain’t mad at anybody. I don’t have any enemies.” – Prince
35. “I’ve grown up, everyone’s got to grow up. But there’s something inside me, I’m always going to have that little sort of – how do you say? – child streak.” – Prince
36. “The hardest thing with musicians is getting them not to play.” – Prince
37. “I’m not entangled in a bunch of lawsuits and a web that I can’t get out of. I can hold my head up … a happily married man who has his head in order. There isn’t a bunch of scandal in my life.” – Prince
38. “I learned from Jehovah’s Witnesses that a fatalistic view is counterproductive.” – Prince
39. “Oh, I love critics. Because they love me. It’s not a joke. They care.” – Prince
40. “I don’t talk to old people; they try to find ways to stay static. Young folks are the ones with the ideas and constantly moving forward.” – Prince
Don’t forget to also read these motivational Stevie Wonder quotes from the iconic soul artist
Prince quotes to fuel your passions
41. “So much has been written about me, and people don’t know what’s right and what’s wrong. I’d rather let them stay confused.” – Prince
42. “Technology is cool, but you’ve got to use it as opposed to letting it use you.” – Prince
43. “I like to open people’s eyes.” – Prince
44. “When everyone recognizes Jehovah’s name, then everyone will be happy because everyone will know what to do and how to do it.” – Prince
45. “I really believe in finding new ways to distribute my music.” – Prince
46. “The music industry is a matrix that is counter to what is natural and right.” – Prince
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Matrix quotes that will challenge your understanding of what is real and what is not.
47. “The key to longevity is to learn every aspect of music that you can.” – Prince
48. “Most bands out there are basically pretty boring. I try to affect people inside their bodies.” – Prince
49. “You don’t need a record company to turn you into anything.” – Prince
50. “I pushed the envelope as far as it needed to be pushed, and now it’s on the floor, and people seem to want it to stay there.” – Prince
You might also like these quotes from Nina Simone to put you under her spell.
More Prince quotes and sayings
51. “The worse illness of our time is that so many people have to suffer from never being loved.” – Princess Diana
52. “There’s no better way to dismantle a personality than to isolate it.” – Princess Diana
53. “You can’t do anything good that you don’t feel in your heart.” – Princess Diana
54. “I’ve got to have a place where I can find peace of mind.” – Princess Diana
55. “I’d like people to think of me as someone who cares about them.” – Princess Diana
56. “I have a woman’s instinct and it’s always a good one.” – Princess Diana
57. “From the first day I joined that family, nothing could be done naturally any more.” – Princess Diana
58. “I understand that change is frightening for people, especially if there’s nothing to go to. It’s best to stay where you are. I understand that.” – Princess Diana
59. “I am all about caring. I have always been like that.” – Princess Diana
60. “I adore him I have never been so happy. I have real love.” – Princess Diana
Which of these inspiring Prince quotes uplifts your spirit the most?
These memorable words from the artist known as Prince will motivate you to follow your dreams. Read this collection of quotes to boost your creativity and fuel your passions. If you have aspirations of achieving musical greatness or fame, these Prince quotes can guide you. As long as you practice your talents and believe in yourself, anything is possible. Follow in the footsteps of Prince and chase your wildest dreams.
Whether you enjoy Prince’s earliest works or his latest hits, you’ll love this list of quotes. Read these Prince quotes whenever you want to access your inner peace, strength, and talent. As a beloved, iconic performer Prince has changed the lives of many people.
Honor his memory and spread his ideas about life and love by sharing this inspirational list. If you’re a fan of the legendary musician, these words will definitely resonate with you. Read these inspiring Prince quotes to brighten up your day and inspire creativity.
What are your favorite Prince quotes and lyrics? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 18, 2020 7:30 AM EST