These Ratched quotes will draw you into the series.
Ratched is a psychological thriller TV series streaming on Netflix. It is actually a prequel to the 1975 film “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest”.
The series revolves around the story of Mildred Ratched, a nurse in a leading asylum in Northern California.
The practice of mind and brain treatment is fairly new at this time and horrific experiments are being performed on psychiatric patients.
Mildred presents herself as the ideal nurse for the asylum and begins her way of infiltrating the system in place and those within it.
Behind her stylish and upright attitude, there’s a creeping darkness within her eyes, a remnant of abuse and violence.
These amazing Ratched quotes will make you want to rewatch this series.
Don’t forget to also check out these Broadchurch quotes from the British drama series.
Ratched quotes from Mildred Ratched
1. “Save one life, and you’re a hero. Save 100 lives, well then, you’re a nurse.” — Mildred Ratched
2. “All I was guilty of, was showing these men mercy when no one else would.” — Mildred Ratched
3. “I believe there are some things that are worse to feel than simply feeling nothing.” — Mildred Ratched
4. “He wasn’t born a monster. Somebody turned him into one.” — Mildred Racthed
5. “We had a saying in the Core, ‘Save one life, and you’re a hero. Save 100 lives, well then, you’re a nurse.’” — Mildred Ratched
6. “You should bathe more often. You’re fingernails are filthy.” — Mildred Ratched
7. “Do you believe the human mind can be cured?” — Mildred Ratched
8. “Search yourself and I think you’ll realize it would be wise to do what I ask.” — Mildred Ratched
9. “Oh Edmund, what have you done?” — Mildred Ratched
10. “I don’t feel quite free from the past the way you might.” — Mildred Ratched
11. “Do you have scat throwers here? Patients who throw their feces?” — Mildred Ratched
12. “If there is one thing I’ve learned Doctor, it’s that life can be quite unpredictable.” — Mildred Ratched
13. “Let’s pretend we are husband and wife and we just had a fight.” — Mildred Ratched
14. “Tell him this town is poison and you want to get as far away from it as possible.” — Mildred Ratched
15. “You are going to spend the rest of your life here because your family never wants to see you again.” — Mildred Ratched
16. “My mother gave this to me on the morning of my first communion. And I want you to have it so you know there is another child of God out there who is praying for you.” — Mildred Ratched
17. “Oh look, my peach.” — Mildred Ratched
18. “I feel as if I have seen the future.” — Mildred Ratched
19. “Monterey is nothing but longshoremen and morphine addicts trying to sell their poetry.” — Mildred Ratched
Ratched quotes from Edmund Tolleson
20. “You’ve given me more life than I ever deserved.” — Edmund Tolleson
21. “I’m probably the least scariest man you’ve ever met.” — Edmund
22. “I kind of like that part. I like feeling them soap up my balls.” — Edmund
23. “It’s been a long time since I’ve kissed a woman.” — Edmund
Ratched quotes from Louise
24. “I’d let him sink his teeth into me and suck me dry.” — Louise
25. “I don’t tolerate fornication in my hotel, especially when it’s out of wedlock.” — Louise
26. “And just so you know, if you happen to have any gentlemen callers, I’m going to know about it. And I do not run a house of ill repute. Do you understand me?” — Louise
Ratched quotes from Dr. Hanover
27. “You see, Governor, I don’t run a loony bin. My hospital is a bastion of recovery and rehabilitation unlike any other.” — Dr. Hanover
28. “We don’t chain anyone up, he is a human being.” — Dr. Hanover
29. “I believe the human mind can crack. I believe a person can snap when experiencing certain stimuli, specific traumas. A person can quite literally lose control and commit unspeakable acts of violence and depravity. They can rape and mutilate one priest, stab another, shatter the skull of a third, and nearly decapitate a fourth, and still they are not necessarily insane, nor are they beyond rehabilitation.” — Dr. Hanover
30. “Dissociative disorders are notoriously difficult to diagnose. They present as a whole host of maladies; mania, dementia, melancholy, amnesia, schizophrenia. She’s an extraordinary case, which makes the proper treatment all the more important.” — Dr. Hanover
31. “I think I helped someone today. I really helped someone” — Dr. Hanover
32. “I am sick and tired of women telling me what to do and I’m not going to take it anymore.” — Dr. Hanover
Ratched quotes from Gwendolyn Briggs
33. “The way to show strength is actually to show mercy.” — Gwendolyn Briggs
34. “The governor believes this facility can become a shining example, not just of what we can accomplish as a state, but what we’re capable of as a nation.” — Gwendolyn Briggs
35. “And when the time comes, we’ll be sitting on a balcony. A hacienda on the beach, margaritas in hand. And I could just slip away, While the sun sets over the ocean.” — Gwendolyn Briggs
36. “This procedure is sadistic and Governor Wilburn is staking his entire relection on it, something that I don’t know that voters are able to accept.” — Gwendolyn
Ratched quotes from Lenore Osgood
37. “I sent a man to do what was clearly a woman’s job.” — Lenore Osgood
38. “Dr. Manuel Banaga is a monster. He’s brilliant, charismatic, but he’s insane, and he doesn’t know it. That really makes him the most dangerous kind of person there is, don’t you think? I can’t rest until I know he’s dead.” — Lenore
39. “I don’t know who you are or whether you’ve intentionally inserted yourself into my affairs or whether it was by pure accident. But allow me to warn you that you have found yourself in the most unenviable of positions.” — Lenore
Ratched quotes from
40. “I’m not your secretary. Pick up the phone and ask them yourself.” — Nurse Bucket
41. “Mrs. Cartwright, the lesbianism that has so plagued your life is a nervous impulse that you evidently can’t control.” — Nurse Bucket
42. “There are two things in this world that make me feel right in myself. And one is Dr. Hanover, and the other is revenge. Mildred Ratched.” — Nurse Bucket
43. “That’s your fucking problem now, Head Nurse. I’m just here to dance with my man.” — Nurse Bucket
Ratched quotes from Charlotte
44. “I am a graduate of the New England Conservatory of Music. The Royal Academy of Music. Of the Juilliard School of Music.” — Charlotte
45. “If I tell you, they will make me go away again and I don’t want to go away.” — Charlotte
Ratched quotes from other characters
46. “You are not sorry, but you will be!” — Ratched
47. “We could be free from whatever you and I did in our past. We wouldn’t have a past. Only the future stretching out ahead of us as far as we can see.” — Nurse Dolly
48. Bucket: “What the hell is this?”
49. “May God have mercy on you. Cause I ain’t gonna.” — Governor George Wilburn
50. “Mildred Ratched you are an angel of mercy.” — Huck
Which of these Ratched quotes is your favorite?
Ratched became a successful hit and many are waiting for its second season. The amazing portrayal of Mildred Ratched gave life to the series and amplified the impact of the story making it digestible and exciting to watch.
This series tackles the condition of mental asylums back in the 80s and 90s where patients are treated like lab rats and living in horrific conditions.
Furthermore, the background story of Mildred reveals how true monsters are made, not born. This series shows how vital childhood is and that it is essential to protect the welfare of children.
Share these Ratched quotes and sayings with a friend while you are waiting for the next season.
October 28, 2021 7:00 AM EST